Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.17 Smartwatch by Verizon from $63 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 1:36 pm
Jul 5, 2004
892 posts
178 upvotes
I looked through this thread and could not find an OEM charger that anyone conclusively state worked. I saw one for Wear24 on Ebay but it came out to like 40$+ which is almost half the price of this. Anyone have any have anything to recommend?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2608 posts
1299 upvotes
Toronto
I've had the Wear24 for a few months now. I didn't think I'd care that it doesn't have a HR monitor but recently I've been curious when working out.

What do you guys think of the Mi Band 3 as a supplementary HR monitor? I wouldn't wear both at the same time lol. Probably when I go for a run or workout.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Origina ... 01979.html
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 10:30 am
I've had the Wear24 for a few months now. I didn't think I'd care that it doesn't have a HR monitor but recently I've been curious when working out.

What do you guys think of the Mi Band 3 as a supplementary HR monitor? I wouldn't wear both at the same time lol. Probably when I go for a run or workout.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Origina ... 01979.html
There are cheaper variants out there as well, nearly one every day as a lightning deal on Amazon. I have bought a couple of different ones for the kids... they work pretty good. Have the Mi Band 2, from a previous deal for $20 US, I think and it is a nicer piece of equipment.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 24, 2017
55 posts
40 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 10:30 am
Why not to use HR chest strap? Faster, more accurate, can be used with a lot of devices (watches, phones, bike computers, etc). Accumulates all data in one app.
May 11, 2011
487 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
The reviews say it is garbage.
Life is a play.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2608 posts
1299 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 10:56 am
There are cheaper variants out there as well, nearly one every day as a lightning deal on Amazon. I have bought a couple of different ones for the kids... they work pretty good. Have the Mi Band 2, from a previous deal for $20 US, I think and it is a nicer piece of equipment.
redMtl wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:12 am
Why not to use HR chest strap? Faster, more accurate, can be used with a lot of devices (watches, phones, bike computers, etc). Accumulates all data in one app.
Thanks for the info, first time hearing of a HR chest strap. Look interesting....the other options on Amazon are not bad too.
Oct 4, 2017
109 posts
40 upvotes
Just got my "new" Wear24. Came in a regular white box with the dreaded Moto360 charger.

Got 2 Questions:

1) Watch (like others) came with a film protecting the screen. Unfortunately it left some kind of glue residue on the metal casing. Anyone know how to clean this off?

2) seeing all the overheating problems with the Moto360 charger dock, do you guys think I can try fixing it by connecting the charger to a lower current source? I have a 500ma USB charger I can use with the dock.
Last edited by CorporalJenky on Nov 6th, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
CorporalJenky wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:31 pm
1) Watch (like others) came with a film protecting the screen. Unfortunately it left sooner kind of glue residue on the metal casing. Anyone know how to clean this off?
I had a lot of sticky stuff too. I just used a bit of goo-gone and I don't see any damage to the watch.

If u don't have any I recommend you pick some up, it always comes in handy.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
lunear wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:26 am
With more than 2K posts and an actively running thread since March guess RFD has quite a taste for hot garbage ;)

Now seriously, any reviews for the watch when it was $350 USD with Android Wear 1.5 are irrelevant, just scan the last 10, 20, 30 pages and see for yourself what actual owners have to say about this watch (at a fraction of it's retail price, or the price of any other watch with comparable specs, and the latest WearOS).
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
CorporalJenky wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:31 pm
Just got my "new" Wear24. Came in a regular white box with the dreaded Moto360 charger.

Got 2 Questions:

1) Watch (like others) came with a film protecting the screen. Unfortunately it left some kind of glue residue on the metal casing. Anyone know how to clean this off?
few rubs with a microfiber cloth (damped with some hot water) should do the trick.
2) seeing all the overheating problems with the Moto360 charger dock, do you guys think I can try fixing it by connecting the charger to a lower current source? I have a 500ma USB charger I can use with the dock.
The OEM adapter is 5V@1.2A, so you might want to match that, alternatively you can check the power specs of the Moto360 doc and try to match that. With the OEM dock it only overheated on me with a low amperage PC port (standard USB 2.0).
Nov 19, 2009
80 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 4:10 pm
With more than 2K post and a actively running thread since March guess RFD has quite a taste for hot garbage ;)

Now seriously, any reviews for the watch when $350 USD with Android Wear 1.5 is irrelevant, just scan the last 10, 20, 30 pages and see for yourself what actual owners have to say about this watch (at a fraction of it's retail price and the latest WearOS).
I agree with the OP. I received the watch on Saturday and for the most part no complaints. I disabled the verizon apps and made the recommended changes to increase the battery life.

Using the watch for approximately 10-12 hours results in about 50% battery remaining. Can't complain for my first smart watch especially at this price point.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
redkulat wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:51 am
Thanks for the info, first time hearing of a HR chest strap. Look interesting....the other options on Amazon are not bad too.
Yeah you can usually get a HRM bracelet for below $20 CADs from amazon FBA, just keep an eye on the lightening deals, problem though is to find one that is known (not just advertised) to work with Google fit.
Jan 10, 2011
337 posts
125 upvotes
lunear wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:26 am
@400 bucks it's garbage. At $70 it's a steal.
May 11, 2011
487 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Check this review video:
Life is a play.
Feb 18, 2013
429 posts
271 upvotes
Victoria
lunear wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:28 am
Check this review video:
Uploaded September 3, 2017

The watch has received lots of updates since then. I'm extremely happy with mine @ $70.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Wonger1987