Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.17 Smartwatch by Verizon from $63 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 1:36 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
lunear wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:28 am
Check this review video:
Guess everyone should repack the thousands of watches sold in this thread and send them back ASAP, after all what does hundreds of actual owners know about this watch that the irrelevant reviewer from 2017 doesn't ?! :facepalm:

Seriously ?! what is the point you are trying to make ?!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3448 posts
1188 upvotes
Canada
aasoror wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:11 pm
Guess everyone should repack the thousands of watches sold in this thread and send them back ASAP, after all what does hundreds of actual owners know about this watch that the irrelevant reviewer from 2017 doesn't ?! :facepalm:

Seriously ?! what is the point you are trying to make ?!
One of the best $70 I've spent on any gadget. I paid $200 for the first moto 360 and enjoyed it but with wear0S 2 is much more refined and usable and Wear24 is an amazing buy at this price. I am using it for notifications and quick replies to family while I'm at work and my personal phone is in a drawer. I also use it to check weather and call up google assistant for navigations etc.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Dec 10, 2006
535 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
I just received my order today. Can anyone tell me some key apps I need? I don't know much about wearOS. Do I need a notification app to get my email, voip txts (I use textnow and fongo instead of a normal #), etc?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
NathanCS wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:51 pm
I just received my order today. Can anyone tell me some key apps I need? I don't know much about wearOS. Do I need a notification app to get my email, voip txts (I use textnow and fongo instead of a normal #), etc?
by default any notification you get on your phone will be passed on to the watch no specific apps required (if you don't get a specific notification check the wearOS app on your phone and make sure app sending the notification is not blocked from contacting the watch)..
You only need an app if you want to further interact with the notification (apps can be downloaded from the watch playstore app or pushed to it from playstore web page on a PC) for example: android messages, outlook.
Once you pair the phone with your watch it will notify you of all companion apps that can be installed on the watch (based on what apps you already have installed on your phone), install these apps then go from there.
Past extended notifications handling there are "utility" apps (google fit, facer, watchmaker, google maps, weather .. etc) there are many of those around just google for "top wearos apps" or "must have wearos apps" and you will find way more uses for the watch than you initially thought might ever be interested in.
Good luck
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3448 posts
1188 upvotes
Canada
Just go to play store on the watch and download whatever you have on your phone. Not all apps will be available.

I did maps, camera, google messages, google note, play music, uber

I think notifications come in whether you have the apps installed on the app or not. For instance I get WhatsApp messages but I don't have it on my watch.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
I’m assuming you can turn off notifications to specific apps via a watch app.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:37 pm
Yup on wearOS app on the phone (not the watch).
Dec 10, 2006
535 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
fatestkid wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:32 pm
Just go to play store on the watch and download whatever you have on your phone. Not all apps will be available.

I did maps, camera, google messages, google note, play music, uber

I think notifications come in whether you have the apps installed on the app or not. For instance I get WhatsApp messages but I don't have it on my watch.
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:37 pm
Thank you both! I have a lot of playing around to do. :)
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
NathanCS wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:06 am
Thank you both! I have a lot of playing around to do. :)
Thank god they updated the Wear app for the android phone, before you could only turn off notifications one at a time per app, now you can bulk select and apply. So much easier. Makes the watch last much longer, at least my Huawei for sure, compared to every damn app notifying. Still anxiously awaiting my Wear24 watch thanks to CP strike... Fingers crossed. Then comes the task (depending on what I got) of getting the proper dock as to not overheat and kill the watch.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 10, 2006
535 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
I googled this, and found guides, but none were specific to this watch. Does anyone have a good easy to follow guide on how to sideload on this watch? I didn't see anything on page 1 and am not willing to look through 100+ pages to see if someone's already posted about it lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1340 posts
474 upvotes
Edmonton
NathanCS wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:29 pm
I googled this, and found guides, but none were specific to this watch. Does anyone have a good easy to follow guide on how to sideload on this watch? I didn't see anything on page 1 and am not willing to look through 100+ pages to see if someone's already posted about it lol.
At least you're honest that you're lazy af
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12087 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
I got a second one, couldn't resist at $64 Cdn all in. That's like $57 plus HST in Ontario. Rose gold. Came repackaged with the Moto 360 charger. Rose gold looks more Gold than 'Rose', I think a guy could pull off wearing it, especially this time of year with long sleeves, but YMMV.

I can confirm that the Moto 360 charger heats up the watch way too much, I pulled the watch off the charger after 15 min or so. If anyone has tips for this, please share.
For now I will use the OEM charger from the watch I bought in June.

As this watch gets cheaper and cheaper it's easier and easier to recommend it.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Nov 8th, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12087 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
lunear wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:28 am
Check this review video:
This watch was reviewed at launch at a price point of over $350 USD. It's now been heavily updated and the price is $65 Cdn or less... It's safe to say that the original review no longer applies.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Nov 8th, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 3, 2007
613 posts
140 upvotes
NathanCS wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:29 pm
Check out Glancealot's post #1172 on page 79.
It's excellent and I used it to sideload the Ecobee app.
May 30, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Markham
I've just got my silver "New Other" watch, just to report that it does come with a white box and the Moto 360 charger. NO OEM charger! Disappointed Face
Very minor glue residue on the watch, just wipe it with windex and it is gone.
Still charging up the battery.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

CanadaDealSeeker