Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.17 Smartwatch by Verizon from $63 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 1:36 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12087 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
chanc2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:24 pm
I've just got my silver "New Other" watch, just to report that it does come with a white box and the Moto 360 charger. NO OEM charger! Disappointed Face
Very minor glue residue on the watch, just wipe it with windex and it is gone.
Still charging up the battery.
The watch is a good deal but it should be described by the seller as what it is - REFURBISHED.
Dec 10, 2006
535 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
smoter wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:54 pm
Check out Glancealot's post #1172 on page 79.
It's excellent and I used it to sideload the Ecobee app.
Thanks so much for helping this lazy guy out!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18415 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
fatestkid wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:33 pm
One of the best $70 I've spent on any gadget. I paid $200 for the first moto 360 and enjoyed it but with wear0S 2 is much more refined and usable and Wear24 is an amazing buy at this price. I am using it for notifications and quick replies to family while I'm at work and my personal phone is in a drawer. I also use it to check weather and call up google assistant for navigations etc.
I'm glad someone out there is enjoying it, but after wearing it for a week after I got it a while ago just because I haven't put it on since after the novelty wore off and just wear one of my regular beaters like Casio ProTrek Solar, Suunto Core or X-Lander. Wish I spent the money on a couple of cases of beer instead to be honest. At the end of the day, I find just pulling my phone out of my pocket to be just easier and actually faster than deciphering most messages/emails/notifications on the tiny screen and having to remember to put the thing on the charger every single night or having it almost definitely not make it through the next day got old fast.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12087 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:54 pm
I'm glad someone out there is enjoying it, but after wearing it for a week after I got it a while ago just because I haven't put it on since after the novelty wore off and just wear one of my regular beaters like Casio ProTrek Solar, Suunto Core or X-Lander. Wish I spent the money on a couple of cases of beer instead to be honest. At the end of the day, I find just pulling my phone out of my pocket to be just easier and actually faster than deciphering most messages/emails/notifications on the tiny screen and having to remember to put the thing on the charger every single night or having it almost definitely not make it through the next day got old fast.
Sounds like a SmartWatch is just not for you. As a public transit rider it's so nice to not have to pull my phone out of my pocket constantly on a crowded bus or train. Or if it's raining, snowing etc. the watch can handle the elements way better than my phone can.

Plus at work or social situations I can discreetly get alerts and messages without looking rude while constantly glancing at my phone.

Charging every day? I do this with my cell phone anyways. Even my Redmi Note 5 with its 4000 mah huge battery gets plugged in at least twice a day.
May 30, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Markham
Report on the charger and Moto 360 dock, I first used them to charge the watch from 0 to 50%, the watch got really really hot.
I then switched to my Aukey charger and a Aukey cable with the supplied "Moto360" dock, charged from 50 to 100% and it was just Luke warm.
I am guessing the problem is on the cheap power brick it comes with.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3448 posts
1188 upvotes
Canada
BinaryJay wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:54 pm
Why don't you just sell it and enjoy those beers? I'm saying this genuinely and not to be a smart***.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
Received mine today, it is currently on the MOTO charger, and syncing... however, I keep getting a "Unfortunately, Fit has stopped", and I click OK, it goes for a few seconds more and then pops up again. Any thoughts on getting this to go away, I already reset the watch and repaired it with my phone, fresh set up etc. Someone on another forum said that once the watch updates, it may go away, but when I check for update as well, it says it's up to date. Other than that, the watch is in great shape, the little bit of residue came off with me rubbing my thumb on it. The stupid sticker on the back of the watch left residue I'll have to use a cleaner to get off. The watch itself gets warm when charging, but the charger seems to stay very cool.

thoughts on the google fit error? Anyone else get this? I am sure a software update will fix it, if it can get through the update with this constant pop up.

**edit** - its currently downloading the update, but I am ready to throw this thing through the window. Every 3 seconds that stupid pop up comes up, so as I navigate the menus, constantly being booted to the error notification, fingers crossed that the update fixes it.

How long does the update take to download? This seems to be forever, on my Huawatch, it was quick, this has been downloading for half an hour.
Last edited by jackass_ca on Nov 8th, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 10, 2006
535 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
I set mine all up and followed the debloating and battery saving tips from page one, but I'm not getting any notifications. Did I disable something I shouldn't have? How does my phone push notifications to the watch? I can see it's connected to my phone, but for example, how do I get my Facebook messenger notifications to pop up on watch? Do I need messenger installed on the watch? I figured my phone would push all notifications to the watch.

Edit: A watch reset fixed it. I shouldn't have posted so quick.
Last edited by NathanCS on Nov 8th, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
chanc2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:27 pm
Report on the charger and Moto 360 dock, I first used them to charge the watch from 0 to 50%, the watch got really really hot.
I then switched to my Aukey charger and a Aukey cable with the supplied "Moto360" dock, charged from 50 to 100% and it was just Luke warm.
The power brick charger I got with it, seems nice, like an apple one type thing with foldable prongs, etc. Quality of the charger and the cable seem very good. Heavy duty
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
chanc2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:27 pm
Whats the specs on your Aukey charger ?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18415 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
fatestkid wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:39 pm
Why don't you just sell it and enjoy those beers? I'm saying this genuinely and not to be a smart***.
Not worth dealing with Kijiji yahoos for 80 bucks.
May 30, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Markham
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 7:05 pm
The power brick charger I got with it, seems nice, like an apple one type thing with foldable prongs, etc. Quality of the charger and the cable seem very good. Heavy duty
The power brick I got is very cheap and has no name on it, the cable is non-detachable.
May 30, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Markham
aasoror wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 7:32 pm
Whats the specs on your Aukey charger ?
Maybe it is not the same model, but I am using one similar to this.
AUKEY charger

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Wonger1987