Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.17 Smartwatch by Verizon from $63 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 1:36 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
chanc2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:02 pm
The power brick I got is very cheap and has no name on it, the cable is non-detachable.
Yeah mine is not detachable either, square in design, with folding prongs? I don't find it cheap at all if it's the same, but I have aukey chargers at home, I should try one anyhow, or even one of the adaptive quick chargers I have.
the whole point for me is moot if I can't get this annoying error message to go away. Download taking forever, over BT with my phone... I should try wifi.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Oct 31, 2012
969 posts
308 upvotes
Guelph
I'm still so confused by this new $65, referb $70. All I see if them for $65, and it's listed as new other. Are we calling new other new? Because they are returns. Also, frustrating that they are now $10 cheaper when I just friggin bought one.

Is it because I am looking at mobile that I can't see this other option?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
LawEightSix wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:29 pm
I'm still so confused by this new $65, referb $70. All I see if them for $65, and it's listed as new other. Are we calling new other new? Because they are returns. Also, frustrating that they are now $10 cheaper when I just friggin bought one.

Is it because I am looking at mobile that I can't see this other option?
There is no other option, there are two different listings (new other for $65 in the deal link for the whole thread and seller refurbished for $70 in the body of the OP).
Yeah they all returns (per the seller description) but the seller also listed the condition as "new other" in one listing and as "seller refurbished" in the other, this "not as described out of the box" gives leverage for buyers of the "new other" listing case they want to return the item for buyer remorse.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
chanc2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:03 pm
Maybe it is not the same model, but I am using one similar to this.
AUKEY charger
ah adaptive charging up to 2.4A, that might be it.
Feb 19, 2004
276 posts
18 upvotes
chanc2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:03 pm
Maybe it is not the same model, but I am using one similar to this.
AUKEY charger
I have used three other chargers that came with various other products with various current output as a test and they all won't heat up the watch, so definitely a good news for those who got the moto 360 dock!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:10 pm
the whole point for me is moot if I can't get this annoying error message to go away.
Do you have google fit installed on the phone itself ?
Download taking forever, over BT with my phone... I should try wifi.
Yes you should, BT is not really suitable for system updates anyway (pretty slow and will get restarted several times as transfer fluctuates).
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
charltonc wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:13 pm
I have used three other chargers that came with various other products with various current output as a test and they all won't heat up the watch, so definitely a good news for those who got the moto 360 dock!
Can you check the amperage listed on these chargers ?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:17 pm
Do you have google fit installed on the phone itself ?

Yes you should, BT is not really suitable for system updates anyway (pretty slow and will get restarted several times as transfer fluctuates).
Happy to report, update complete, and that error is gone... now, though, I am trying to register it to my phone for phone calls but keep getting an error when trying to send verification text, but I wonder if that is because my Huawatch is still connected for that function at the same time?

[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16279 posts
7348 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:21 pm
Happy to report, update complete, and that error is gone... now, though, I am trying to register it to my phone for phone calls but keep getting an error when trying to send verification text, but I wonder if that is because my Huawatch is still connected for that function at the same time?
You shouldn't need an SMS verification text to link to your phone, are you sure that's not VZ SMS'ing your are trying to setup ? it should just pair with WearOS on your phone and that's about it.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
On the watch face, there is a phone icon with a cross through it, I click it and it says to link to my phone (it already is linked via the wear app and BT), to enter a phone number, if I click it, it says step 4 of 5, fetching details from phone, then it goes to something that says "step 2 of 5", to use your phone number on this watch, we need to do a quick security check. Enter your phone number on the next screen so we can text you a pin." So I do that, and it says generating pin, then I get an error with a big red X, saying "provision failed, please try again later."

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
So, I just checked with your summary post, and the next post... I am on wear 2.0, not 2.17, how do I get it to update to that, restart, or wait?
Also, I went to the Sim app part, and it is grayed out already, that was in system apps? Which wear24 do I disable, also in the system app section?
Sorry, so many questions...

Feb 19, 2004
276 posts
18 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:18 pm
Can you check the amperage listed on these chargers ?
Charger one:
Aukey input .65A max
Output 5A max
Charger two:
Daifang input .35A max
Output 2A max
Charger 3: prime cables outlet expansion. Unknown output

All of these definitely "feel" less hot than the one shipped with the watch ( says wireless on it rated 1A max) with the folding legs.
If I have time I should measure time charged against measured temperature for a more scientific comparison.
May 30, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Markham
I can confirm my Aukey charger and my MacPro USB port both only make the watch just lukewarm when charging.
Maybe unlike a "smart" charge with variable amperage output, the "included" charger is constantly putting out 1A, that's why it makes the watch really hot when charging.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1012 posts
587 upvotes
Got the watch yesterday with the 3rd party Motorola charger. Now the charger is dead. The LED at the bottom does not light up.
Anyone had this issue?

EDIT: Tried different cable and still NOT working
Last edited by chhotadon on Nov 8th, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 27, 2009
693 posts
129 upvotes
So I got this today and I must say, it feels quite premium especially for the money! I'm having a lot of fun with it, but the only issue I'm facing right now is that I cannot make or receive any calls with it. Every time I go to the phone app it says "Turn on Bluetooth audio to make and receive calls on your watch?" but no matter how many times I click the checkmark, nothing changes. It takes me to my contact list and that's about it. Anyone experience this?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

CanadaDealSeeker