Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.17 Smartwatch by Verizon from $63 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 4:34 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1012 posts
587 upvotes
NeedVIP wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:29 pm
So I got this today and I must say, it feels quite premium especially for the money! I'm having a lot of fun with it, but the only issue I'm facing right now is that I cannot make or receive any calls with it. Every time I go to the phone app it says "Turn on Bluetooth audio to make and receive calls on your watch?" but no matter how many times I click the checkmark, nothing changes. It takes me to my contact list and that's about it. Anyone experience this?
Did you update it?
Aug 27, 2009
693 posts
129 upvotes
Yeah I did. I saw on the first page that there are some issues with 15 second lag but mine doesn't seem to work at all
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16275 posts
7341 upvotes
Kitchener
chhotadon wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:13 pm
Got the watch yesterday with the 3rd party Motorola charger. Now the charger is dead. The LED at the bottom does not light up.
Anyone had this issue?

EDIT: Tried different cable and still NOT working
Contact the seller see if he can send you a replacement charger instead of your returning the whole thing being DOA.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16275 posts
7341 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:33 pm
On the watch face, there is a phone icon with a cross through it, I click it and it says to link to my phone (it already is linked via the wear app and BT), to enter a phone number, if I click it, it says step 4 of 5, fetching details from phone, then it goes to something that says "step 2 of 5", to use your phone number on this watch, we need to do a quick security check. Enter your phone number on the next screen so we can text you a pin." So I do that, and it says generating pin, then I get an error with a big red X, saying "provision failed, please try again later."
Is that the stock face ? if so this is meant for VZ subscribers (with the phone and SMS widget directly linked to the SIM already installed in the watch). I would drop that and just use any of the other Google faces (from the WearOS app).
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10315 posts
2017 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:49 pm
Is that the stock face ? if so this is meant for VZ subscribers (with the phone and SMS widget directly linked to the SIM already installed in the watch). I would drop that and just use any of the other faces Google faces (from the WearOS app).
Yeah, I usually use Facer or Watchmaker. Will try that, still trying to get the 2.17 update, it's currently stuck on 2.0, after a restart.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16275 posts
7341 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:45 pm
So, I just checked with your summary post, and the next post... I am on wear 2.0, not 2.17, how do I get it to update to that, restart, or wait?
Leave on the charger (disabling BT and enabling WiFi helps) and it will eventually pull all the updates.
Also, I went to the Sim app part, and it is grayed out already, that was in system apps?
Nope, "Sim Info" is on the app drawer (that you open by pressing the side button).

screen (15).png
Which wear24 do I disable, also in the system app section?
There is only one Wear24 app, you can disable it by going Settings -> Apps -> System Apps -> Wear24 (while at also disable the" My Verizon" and "Messages+" apps)

screen (20).png
screen (19).png
screen (18).png
screen (17).png
screen (16).png
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10315 posts
2017 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:03 am
Leave on the charger (disabling BT and enabling WiFi helps) and it will eventually pull all the updates.

Nope, "Sim Info" is on the app drawer (that you open by pressing the side button).

screen (15).png

There is only one Wear24 app, you can disable it by going Settings -> Apps -> System Apps -> Wear24 (while at also disable the" My Verizon" and "Messages+" apps)

screen (20).pngscreen (19).pngscreen (18).pngscreen (17).pngscreen (16).png
Do the messages+ interfere with other items?

[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16275 posts
7341 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:54 pm
still trying to get the 2.17 update, it's currently stuck on 2.0, after a restart.
The startup logo will always say Android Wear 2.0, the WearOS 2.x updates doesn't come with a new branding, to know you have the latest wearOS update installed you need to go "Settings -> System -> About -> Versions"
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16275 posts
7341 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:06 am
Do the messages+ interfere with other items?
These apps are all related to the carrier service of the installed SIM (VZ), nothing relevant to the watch usage here and will only eat resources if left enabled.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10315 posts
2017 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:07 am
The startup logo will always say Android Wear 2.0, the WearOS 2.x updates doesn't come with a new branding, to know you have the latest wearOS update installed you need to go "Settings -> System -> About -> Versions"
I checked that, still showing 2.0 under versions. I am at work and can't access wifi, so will wait until I'm home to set up wifi and leave it on the charger.

Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4436 posts
800 upvotes
Smh so cp gives me a card to pickup at post office
#sobs
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10315 posts
2017 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:19 am
Smh so cp gives me a card to pickup at post office
#sobs
Hey, at least they're delivering in your area. Remember, that is what the strike is partially about, they are carrying far too many packages these days. Mine was left on my backstep and I nearly tripped over the box leaving for work.

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10315 posts
2017 upvotes
I had contacted the seller about the overheating charging dock and the Fit problem, which has fixed itself, they said they don't have the OEM chargers, so they offered me $7 refund so I can order one. Or they can send me another Motorola one... thoughts? I am thinking of taking the $7, and putting it towards the Bluebeach one? I understand they hardly make anything on these, but their customer service, seems really great, and will get a positive review from me.

Also, do I need the QR code sticker from the back of the watch? When removing the white barcode sticker, it peeled a bit and now one edge sticks up a bit, bugs me.

Aug 23, 2018
17 posts
17 upvotes
Hello I just got that watch and got the upgrade to 2.17 but I have some questions:
- The vibration when I got a notification is very light, any way to increase it?
- they're a disconnect icon always displayed on the screen but the BT is connected to my phone

Thanks !
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6982 posts
558 upvotes
Waterloo
Love the watch by the end of the day I have around 50% left on the battery the responses are great for the price I paid I'm happy glad I switched from my apple phone toy to my new Huawei mate 9 porsche design

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)