Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.23 Smartwatch by Verizon from $60 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 10:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17269 posts
8318 upvotes
Kitchener
magnum314 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 9:54 am
Black is back in stock on eBay. Perfect time to use my targeted $10 coupon!
@NowJoJo
Feb 3, 2019
33 posts
25 upvotes
Buyer beware, they don't come with the charger the watch original comes with. And verizon made it so that the watch ONLY charges with their charger. I bought mine and now are in search of the original charger....more costs..... For canadians, it'll be really hard to find these chargers, I havent been able to find a store that sells it since this was an american exclusive product at release.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17269 posts
8318 upvotes
Kitchener
Jackji wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 10:48 am
And verizon made it so that the watch ONLY charges with their charger.
Where did that come from ?!
People have been receiving the "generic" 360 moto chargers for at least the last 6 months or so, but these being generic and cheap people have mixed reports about how good they work, several changed the cable and/or the wall plug and been rocking them ever since.
As long as the watch doesn't overheat while charging with whichever charger you are using you should be fine.

Verizon never locked this watch to the stock charger but if you can't do without it then here you go ($24 CADs shipped)
https://www.unlimitedcellular.com/Veriz ... 61686.html
Feb 3, 2019
33 posts
25 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:26 am
Where did that come from ?!
People have been receiving the "generic" 360 moto chargers for at least the last 6 months or so, but these being generic and cheap people have mixed reports about how good they work, several changed the cable and/or the wall plug and been rocking them ever since.
As long as the watch doesn't overheat while charging with whichever charger you are using you should be fine.

Verizon never locked this watch to the stock charger but if you can't do without it then here you go ($24 CADs shipped)
https://www.unlimitedcellular.com/Veriz ... 61686.html
I honestly feel like some reviews are fake. I bought the device from EBAY, came in last week, wasnt able to use it with the moto 360 charger it came with. Honestly, I wouldnt recommend this deal, yes 60 dollars (67 with tax) is amazing for a smart watch but for the trouble and hassle you're gettin gyourself into...for a discontinued product, aka no customer support, just not worth it.
Oct 4, 2017
132 posts
46 upvotes
Anyone able to get the Shazam app to work on their Wear24 lately? Recently tried but the app seems to have trouble identifying a song. The last time it worked was a month ago. I think the issue may like with a recent update to the watch.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12289 posts
2867 upvotes
Toronto
This deal was worth it in the early days when everyone was getting new unused watches with the original charger and packaging... not so much now, many of these watches have problems and were returned for a reason.
Aug 20, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
Received about a month ago from Ebay and have been using daily without a problem. Watch showed no real signs of use and came with the moto360 charger and has worked without a problem. The only time I have noticed any real heating from it while charging is if it isn't sitting quite right on the charger as others have mentioned. I think for what it is, at the price it is, it is worth it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap smart that runs wear os.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17269 posts
8318 upvotes
Kitchener
Jackji wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:49 am
I honestly feel like some reviews are fake.
mmm .. which reviews are fake? the ones posted here by fellow RFD'ers ? this makes less sense than your story about "locked VZ charger". Seriously, there is no incentive for anyone here to post a fake review for this watch, it's not a seller-specific thread and the product itself is long discontinued. Granted it's not a product for everyone if it's not for you just say so and move on (btw, PayPal covers return shipping and you should take advantage of that while within the return period) there is no need to point fingers to fellow members here.

Good luck
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17269 posts
8318 upvotes
Kitchener
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 12:12 pm
not so much now, many of these watches have problems and were returned for a reason.
When a $350 USD product is discontinued a couple of months into production then thousands of units are offered as refurbished it makes more sense to assume most of these units were never sold than being defective returns. The whole reason the watch was discontinued was that it was never sold ;)

Granted there would be a melon here and there (none of these sales is a final sale anyway), but this thread provides enough "unbiased" feedback from actual owners about the quality of what you get right now ordering from either ebay or amazon (refurb units is what everyone has been receiving for the last 6 months or so).
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17269 posts
8318 upvotes
Kitchener
CorporalJenky wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:55 am
Anyone able to get the Shazam app to work on their Wear24 lately? Recently tried but the app seems to have trouble identifying a song. The last time it worked was a month ago. I think the issue may like with a recent update to the watch.
Similar reports from other watches here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comment ... t_working/
Seems you need the phone app installed as well as the watch.
Feb 3, 2019
33 posts
25 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 12:38 pm
mmm .. which reviews are fake? the ones posted here by fellow RFD'ers ? this makes less sense than your story about "locked VZ charger". Seriously, there is no incentive for anyone here to post a fake review for this watch, it's not a seller-specific thread and the product itself is long discontinued. Granted it's not a product for everyone if it's not for you just say so and move on (btw, PayPal covers return shipping and you should take advantage of that while within the return period) there is no need to point fingers to fellow members here.

Good luck
Sorry, my intentions were not to point fingers, rather protect Canadian buyers and understanding what they're spending their hard earned money on. I'm using my personal experiences to show what other consumers may encounter. Ultimately it is the buyers choice to purchase the product or not. The reviews I refer too are the ones from ebay.COM, the American site have good reviews since acquiring the proper chargers and peripherals are a lot easier than it is in Canada. Hope this cleared my initial message Thanks.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17269 posts
8318 upvotes
Kitchener
Jackji wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 1:02 pm
The reviews I refer too are the ones from ebay.COM, the American site have good reviews since acquiring the proper chargers and peripherals are a lot easier than it is in Canada.
No worries, there is more than 3K posts of actual Candian owners feedback in this thread (while mostly positive like the one posted less than an hour after your post, negative experiences like your's does exist here too) that should be enough for anyone here to make an informed decision without going to either amazon or ebay for feedback.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1269 posts
103 upvotes
Jackji wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 1:02 pm
acquiring the proper chargers and peripherals are a lot easier than it is in Canada. Hope this cleared my initial message Thanks.
you dun need to spend too much effort to acquire .. many reviews already mentioned that the moto360 stand is ok.. likely just need to change to a low power charging "cube"

in terms of effort.. yes..it is a bit of work to uninstall unnecessary app..or app that drill power.. but it is only $60 or so.. it might not be as good as a $300+ android wear or Galaxy watch.but I think it certainly comparable to any $200 level watch..

Grinning Face
Dec 30, 2015
34 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just curious, I see this watch on Amazon for $60 with free shipping. Same watch is $70 on eBay. Besides the obvious price differential, which place is it better to buy from?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12289 posts
2867 upvotes
Toronto
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 8:36 am
Just curious, I see this watch on Amazon for $60 with free shipping. Same watch is $70 on eBay. Besides the obvious price differential, which place is it better to buy from?
Amazon, for easier returns.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

buddshek