Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.23 Smartwatch by Verizon from $60 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 10:58 pm
Feb 3, 2019
33 posts
25 upvotes
softech wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 7:21 am
you dun need to spend too much effort to acquire .. many reviews already mentioned that the moto360 stand is ok.. likely just need to change to a low power charging "cube"

in terms of effort.. yes..it is a bit of work to uninstall unnecessary app..or app that drill power.. but it is only $60 or so.. it might not be as good as a $300+ android wear or Galaxy watch.but I think it certainly comparable to any $200 level watch..

Grinning Face

Like I said, my review is from personal experience, also a lot of the reviews from reddit clearly state the moto360 does not work, I received the moto360 and all it does is heat up the watch, the watch itself does not seem to acquire power at all, just heat.

Thanks, I understand reviews mention moto360 "works" but I don't believe they are real since I personally have the device and know what works and what doesnt. Cheers
Temp. Banned
Dec 14, 2017
332 posts
580 upvotes
CorporalJenky wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:55 am
Anyone able to get the Shazam app to work on their Wear24 lately? Recently tried but the app seems to have trouble identifying a song. The last time it worked was a month ago. I think the issue may like with a recent update to the watch.
Same thing happened for me, but after I installed the app onto my phone too, it works without any problems
Temp. Banned
Dec 14, 2017
332 posts
580 upvotes
Jackji wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:49 am
I honestly feel like some reviews are fake. I bought the device from EBAY, came in last week, wasnt able to use it with the moto 360 charger it came with. Honestly, I wouldnt recommend this deal, yes 60 dollars (67 with tax) is amazing for a smart watch but for the trouble and hassle you're gettin gyourself into...for a discontinued product, aka no customer support, just not worth it.
Idk about eBay, but I also got the moto360 charger from when I ordered it from Amazon, but I contacted the seller telling them the charger wasn't working and they shipped out a replacement. I got an original wear24 charger.
Temp. Banned
Dec 14, 2017
332 posts
580 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 12:44 pm
When a $350 USD product is discontinued a couple of months into production then thousands of units are offered as refurbished it makes more sense to assume most of these units were never sold than being defective returns. The whole reason the watch was discontinued was that it was never sold ;)

Granted there would be a melon here and there (none of these sales is a final sale anyway), but this thread provides enough "unbiased" feedback from actual owners about the quality of what you get right now ordering from either ebay or amazon (refurb units is what everyone has been receiving for the last 6 months or so).
OP is right, I ordered 2 watches and both came out to be pretty new, it even said new on the box and haven't had any problems with them. And as OP said this isn't final sale, if there's any problems you can just contact the seller.
Temp. Banned
Dec 14, 2017
332 posts
580 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 12:49 pm
Similar reports from other watches here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comment ... t_working/
Seems you need the phone app installed as well as the watch.
I really don't get why I forum was needed for the Shazam app, some people just don't think deeply enough. When it didn't work for me, I just right away thought of installing the app on my phone and got it working in a few minutes. No need to make a huge problem of it lmao.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 8:36 am
Just curious, I see this watch on Amazon for $60 with free shipping. Same watch is $70 on eBay. Besides the obvious price differential, which place is it better to buy from?
It's the same offering (seems to be just a single entity that refurbished all these watches).
Returns are less hassle on amazon but free either way (for ebay purchase paypal covers you though many reported seller had no problem sending a prepaid shipping label when the watch is defective or not as described).
ebay listing has 60 days warranty, I think Amazon listing also claims the same but you will be out of "prime privileges" by that time and need to deal with the seller directly.
One thing to note is the current $10 off promo for eligible ebay accounts (basically new and inactive).
Feb 8, 2019
13 posts
9 upvotes
Bought one for my gf. She loves it. Has a 2 day battery life and everything she needed in a smart watch.
Mar 13, 2018
54 posts
20 upvotes
I'm getting a longer battery life in the pass week.
Lasting 4 days (9-5 work day)
Not bad...
Images
  • Screenshot_20190308-122202.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1355 posts
353 upvotes
Markham
andrewlo wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 1:48 pm
I'm getting a longer battery life in the pass week.
Lasting 4 days (9-5 work day)
Not bad...
4 days but you're turning it off =/

And damn... you wake up 3 in the morning?
Oct 4, 2017
132 posts
46 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 12:49 pm
Similar reports from other watches here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comment ... t_working/
Seems you need the phone app installed as well as the watch.
rubikas001 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 9:20 am
Same thing happened for me, but after I installed the app onto my phone too, it works without any problems
Already had the Shazam app on my phone. In fact I think the Android Wear version of Shazam requires the main app to be installed on your phone to even function. Something was broken by a recent update to the Wear24 watch.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2692 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Long time owner here. The deal is great. I only have three negatives that I didn't know before I bought it (but I barely use the smartwatch features):
  • This watch (and likely all smartwatches) is too big and heavy.
  • The charger (original) is a little funny. If I remove the charged watch to adjust something, and then return it to the charger, it will start charging and heating up.
  • The speaker is very quiet.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1269 posts
103 upvotes
Hugh wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 3:41 pm
Long time owner here. The deal is great. I only have three negatives that I didn't know before I bought it (but I barely use the smartwatch features):
  • This watch (and likely all smartwatches) is too big and heavy.
  • The charger (original) is a little funny. If I remove the charged watch to adjust something, and then return it to the charger, it will start charging and heating up.
  • The speaker is very quiet.

I would also add.. the vibration is almost non existent
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
I ordered the watch from the ebay reseller in the original link. The battery lasted only 7 to 8 hours with all the Verizon apps, GPS and WIFI turned off. I returned the watch for a replacement, The same thing on the second one. After that I gave up on this watch. with 7 to 8 hour battery life with all battery saver functions turned on this thing is simply worthless. It would die before I finished my work day. Nice looking watch but the ones I got were useless.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 1:50 am
The battery lasted only 7 to 8 hours with all the Verizon apps, GPS and WIFI turned off.
Did you disable VZ cellular profile to prevent the watch from enabling LTE and scan for the VZ network ?
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
Yes I disabled Cellular all together as well as GPS and even WIFI. The only thing I got going is blu-tooth to my phone. Battery lasts maximum 10 hours if I leave the watch on my desk and don't use it at all so that the screen does not wake up. If I put it on my wrist it lasts 6 to 8 hours and it turns off due to dead battery. My battery drain is atrocious. Its 15% or so per hour...

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)