Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.23 Smartwatch by Verizon from $60 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 10:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 1:20 pm
Yes I disabled Cellular all together as well as GPS and even WIFI. The only thing I got going is blu-tooth to my phone. Battery lasts maximum 10 hours if I leave the watch on my desk and don't use it at all so that the screen does not wake up. If I put it on my wrist it lasts 6 to 8 hours and it turns off due to dead battery. My battery drain is atrocious. Its 15% or so per hour...
Guess you got duds, sorry about that.
Were they overheating on the charger by any chance?
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
They were pretty hot, but not too hot to handle. The charge would show 100% and everything I've read was that it was normal for the watch to be pretty warm.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2910 posts
1100 upvotes
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 1:20 pm
Yes I disabled Cellular all together as well as GPS and even WIFI. The only thing I got going is blu-tooth to my phone. Battery lasts maximum 10 hours if I leave the watch on my desk and don't use it at all so that the screen does not wake up. If I put it on my wrist it lasts 6 to 8 hours and it turns off due to dead battery. My battery drain is atrocious. Its 15% or so per hour...
You can't just disable cellular, you need to follow the instructions in post 2.....especially disabling the Verizon profile as stated:

"Disable: VZ carrier profile from the "SIM Info" app."

I was having the same issues when I first setup the watch, I disabled cellular without disabling the profile. My battery wouldn't last the day. So I did a full disconnect and reset, received the 2.2 update again and then followed the instructions in post 2. Since then the watch works perfectly and I'm now getting 2-3 days.

Btw, I just got my watch a week ago and it was also in a generic box with the Moto charger. Watch had no scratches whatsoever so I'm very satisfied with my $60 Google Wear Watch. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1212 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
Cech wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 9:36 pm
You can't just disable cellular, you need to follow the instructions in post 2.....especially disabling the Verizon profile as stated:

"Disable: VZ carrier profile from the "SIM Info" app."

I was having the same issues when I first setup the watch, I disabled cellular without disabling the profile. My battery wouldn't last the day. So I did a full disconnect and reset, received the 2.2 update again and then followed the instructions in post 2. Since then the watch works perfectly and I'm now getting 2-3 days.

Btw, I just got my watch a week ago and it was also in a generic box with the Moto charger. Watch had no scratches whatsoever so I'm very satisfied with my $60 Google Wear Watch. :)
X2 here

My experience was the exact same.

Very happy with mine after doing some tweaks and I even have the 'always on' screen turned on.

For $60 it really is a no brainer if you don't already have a smart watch.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
I disabled the My Verizon App and SIM Info as well. I followed all the instructions I could find. 6 to 8 hours of battery all I could get out of the two watches I received (10 if I left it sitting on the desk). I'm not sure if I'm missing something there. I find no way of deleting these Verizon apps, only disabling them. Am I missing something here? I recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy 46mm and it gets solid 4 days on a charge. If I could get one of these to last half of that I would consider returning the Samsung Galaxy watch although its pretty sweet (It was not cheap).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2910 posts
1100 upvotes
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 10:45 pm
I disabled the My Verizon App and SIM Info as well. I followed all the instructions I could find. 6 to 8 hours of battery all I could get out of the two watches I received (10 if I left it sitting on the desk). I'm not sure if I'm missing something there. I find no way of deleting these Verizon apps, only disabling them. Am I missing something here? I recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy 46mm and it gets solid 4 days on a charge. If I could get one of these to last half of that I would consider returning the Samsung Galaxy watch although its pretty sweet (It was not cheap).
Well there's definately no turning back now, enjoy your new Galaxy watch!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 10:45 pm
I find no way of deleting these Verizon apps, only disabling them. Am I missing something here?
No, you are not, these are system apps that can only be disabled.
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
Not sure what you mean by "there is definitely no turning back now". I have 30 days to return the Galaxy watch if I decide to go with the Wear24. I just find it useless when it comes to my experience with its battery life. What kind of battery life are you guys getting? Is it really that I had the luck of 2 bad ones in a row? I can still purchase another one, but I kinda lost hope in these watches given my experience.
Jul 31, 2018
6 posts
5 upvotes
I found certain watch face app (Minimal&Elegant as an example) with "sweeping second" burns a lot of battery life. Too much bells and whistle eats up system resources from CPU cycle to batteries..
Jul 31, 2018
6 posts
5 upvotes
I get less than half a day with fancy bells and whistle watch face... By doing a little tweaks on watch face apps, I'm getting 12hours now..
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2910 posts
1100 upvotes
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 10:06 am
Not sure what you mean by "there is definitely no turning back now". I have 30 days to return the Galaxy watch if I decide to go with the Wear24. I just find it useless when it comes to my experience with its battery life. What kind of battery life are you guys getting? Is it really that I had the luck of 2 bad ones in a row? I can still purchase another one, but I kinda lost hope in these watches given my experience.
Basically, regardless of price, it would be hard to go back to an unsupported refurb watch now that you have new fully functional watch. If you're happy with the Galaxy then stay with that.

Btw, I turned on my watch this morning and it's now at 70%. Last charge was on Sunday and I used it all day yesterday plus a few hours Sunday. Basically 15 hours and 70% remaining.
20190312_112711.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5073 posts
5306 upvotes
I'm trying to convince the old man to buy one of these but apparently nothing but gold touches his skin in his advanced age.

Do you folks know of any compatible 14K gold wrist bands that won't cripple the functionality of this watch?

God bless.
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
How do you get this type of battery life? I see other users posted that they can get as much as 12 hours. 12 hours would definitely not do it for me, but the battery life that you are getting would be quite fine and useable. If I could get this battery life I'd definitely reconsider this watch. BTW what you get in 15 hours, the best I got in 2.5 hours... LOL
Nov 8, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 11:29 am
I'm trying to convince the old man to buy one of these but apparently nothing but gold touches his skin in his advanced age.

Do you folks know of any compatible 14K gold wrist bands that won't cripple the functionality of this watch?

God bless.
Just order him the gold version of this watch. :) ....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Wear24-Android- ... %7Ciid%3A1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CB8 ... M1AM0&th=1

As far as wrist bands, I don't think you can get an aftermarket one. I believe these stock wristbands have an antenna built into them so they can't be changed. So if he needs real gold touching his skin, he is out of luck...
Last edited by pnowicki on Mar 12th, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2910 posts
1100 upvotes
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:18 pm
How do you get this type of battery life? I see other users posted that they can get as much as 12 hours. 12 hours would definitely not do it for me, but the battery life that you are getting would be quite fine and useable. If I could get this battery life I'd definitely reconsider this watch. BTW what you get in 15 hours, the best I got in 2.5 hours... LOL
Not sure, the difference between now and before the last reset was the SIM profile disable and I installed no apps. I'm still getting notifications for both calls and messages from my S8.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)