Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.23 Smartwatch by Verizon from $60 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 10:58 pm
Jul 31, 2018
6 posts
5 upvotes
Considering these are refurbs, YMMV battery quality and life.
Watch out for setup of:
-number of push notifications
-gimmicky watchface animations
-heart rate app measurements
-screen brightness
-location tracking..GPS/etc.
-background activities
-weather updates
-vibration alerts
....and many more will affect battery life... such as Facebook.

I get a lot of email alerts/vibrations daily... for $60 and able to get 12hours of heavy use is all I need.
Am sure there are some software bugs in OS to apps that drains battery unnecessarily.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5073 posts
5306 upvotes
pnowicki wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:44 pm
Just order him the gold version of this watch.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Wear24-Android- ... %7Ciid%3A1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CB8 ... M1AM0&th=1

As far as wrist bands, I don't think you can get an aftermarket one. I believe these wristbands have an antenna built into it so they can't be changed.
You serious, bro?

He wants gold because it feels better on his skin.

I don't need the antenna as I'm not using LTE, only bluetooth. Will this be a problem, @aasoror?
Jul 31, 2018
6 posts
5 upvotes
Replacing the band will affect LTE/Wifi/BT. You'll need to seal the opening as well.
Consider the distance from watch arm to smartphone(in pocket) isn't too far... it might be acceptable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/9ka0ma/wear24_replacing_watch_band/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidWear/comments/7vksh3/best_80_ive_spent_wear24_w_metal_bands/
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:53 pm
You serious, bro?

He wants gold because it feels better on his skin.

I don't need the antenna as I'm not using LTE, only bluetooth. Will this be a problem, @aasoror?
as @SteveWC mentioned, WiFi and BT reception will take a hit and so will the watch waterproofing. If you can live with the limited range then you just need to seal the housing (where the antenna connects) and you should be all good.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1178 posts
4064 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 3:38 pm
as @SteveWC mentioned, WiFi and BT reception will take a hit and so will the watch waterproofing. If you can live with the limited range then you just need to seal the housing (where the antenna connects) and you should be all good.
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all of your time and repeated responses to the same repeat questions on this thread. You've been incredibly patience, kind and helpful.

I've just received this watch and have spent time going through each page learning, and your name popped up on every page.

Thank you.
Dec 30, 2015
34 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Received my Wear24 watch yesterday from Amazon. The watch was scratchless, and had the adhesive plastic on the watchface that left glue residue. The Moto charger was dirty, but works fine.
Charged it up, yes it got hot, but after re-positioning it, charged much cooler.
Configured it today as recommended thru this thread, and it works great so far. Been using it for 8 hours so far, and battery is still at 80%.

One strange thing though, the watch counts steps, but after installing Google Fit on my phone and configuring it, my watch would display the message "Unfortunately Fit has stopped working". Pressing OK would make the msg go away briefly, only to return.
Even disabling it on my phone wouldn't stop that error message on the watch.
Only way to get rid of it permanently was to delete it on the phone.
So I guess I'll have to be happy with just using Fit on the watch itself only.

Anyone else come across this.

So far, I'm very happy with this watch!
Jan 5, 2018
28 posts
24 upvotes
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 3:16 pm
Received my Wear24 watch yesterday from Amazon. The watch was scratchless, and had the adhesive plastic on the watchface that left glue residue. The Moto charger was dirty, but works fine.
Charged it up, yes it got hot, but after re-positioning it, charged much cooler.
Configured it today as recommended thru this thread, and it works great so far. Been using it for 8 hours so far, and battery is still at 80%.

One strange thing though, the watch counts steps, but after installing Google Fit on my phone and configuring it, my watch would display the message "Unfortunately Fit has stopped working". Pressing OK would make the msg go away briefly, only to return.

I had the same problem. I setup my account before updating to wearos 2.x and after the update it wasn't working. I just had to reset my watch and set it back up. Hope that helps.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6743 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 3:16 pm

Same thing here for the condition... Charging it up now for the first time.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
dontfail12345 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 4:13 pm
I setup my account before updating to wearos 2.x and after the update it wasn't working. I just had to reset my watch and set it back up. Hope that helps.
+1.
Don't start with the configuration or adding extra apps till you are on the latest update (or at least on a 2.x one).
Dec 30, 2015
34 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thing is, my WearOS app on the phone was at 2.22 before I set up the watch.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17268 posts
8317 upvotes
Kitchener
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 9:44 pm
Thing is, my WearOS app on the phone was at 2.22 before I set up the watch.
The WearOS on the watch not the phone :)
Mar 13, 2019
1 posts
Is this watch compatible with Iphones? And can you play mp3s off of the watch?
Dec 30, 2015
34 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Doh!
Should have been obvious.

Thanks I'll give it a try.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6743 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Charged up/setup the watch last night and let it sit off the charger overnight. After about 12 hours the battery was at 91%.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1680 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
SeanC25458 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:48 am
Is this watch compatible with Iphones? And can you play mp3s off of the watch?
Not sure if it’s specific to mine but reading some of feedback using with iPhone, the main issue is frequent disconnect (can up to 3-4 times a day on some days)

Now using Apple Watch and it’s night and day - never have to worry or bother to try to reconnect again!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)