Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.23 Smartwatch by Verizon from $60 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2019 5:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4718 posts
1628 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:15 am
Not sure if it’s specific to mine but reading some of feedback using with iPhone, the main issue is frequent disconnect (can up to 3-4 times a day on some days)

Now using Apple Watch and it’s night and day - never have to worry or bother to try to reconnect again!
And you got that "matchbox" for $60 right ? Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 1, 2016
344 posts
83 upvotes
Got it finally. 60 dollars. Couldn't be happier. Got 2.0 update right away and updated to 2.22 overnight. Sometimes it freezes on downloads, doesn't download apps, but after a restart it works.

Thanks for the comments about debloating and other things in post 2. Really useful.

Question to OP, which method is more battery friendly? Tilt to show watch face or always on?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17285 posts
8335 upvotes
Kitchener
A3rr0w wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:45 am
Question to OP, which method is more battery friendly? Tilt to show watch face or always on?
For me, I found always on to be much easier on the battery esp if you are always looking to check the time (since you can see the time without actually activating the watch's full face).
Mar 1, 2016
344 posts
83 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 1:22 pm
For me, I found always on to be much easier on the battery esp if you are always looking to check the time (since you can see the time without actually activating the watch's full face).
Thanks. The reason I was asking is because the watch faces are so pleasant to look at and now I can only see it if I tap on the screen. Else it's like a black version of the original watch face.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17285 posts
8335 upvotes
Kitchener
A3rr0w wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 1:36 pm
Thanks. The reason I was asking is because the watch faces are so pleasant to look at and now I can only see it if I tap on the screen. Else it's like a black version of the original watch face.
It is meant to be a low power consuming version of the face, that said some "always on" faces are more "aesthetically pleasing" than others so you might want to shop around.
Jul 22, 2013
214 posts
107 upvotes
Any one using facer app noticing brand name faces disappearing? All my omega, Rolex, IWC are gone now.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Tangerine, Amex
Dec 30, 2015
34 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
aasoror wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 7:39 pm
+1.
Don't start with the configuration or adding extra apps till you are on the latest update (or at least on a 2.x one).
Updated everything and it is working great. So far, it seems well worth the money.
After updating everything, including Fit, the watch face I liked, called Digital I think, disappeared. Don't really like any of the watch faces offered now. I see by "Getting more" faces through Play, they all say either "with Ads" or "in app purchases". Is there something available truly free?
Cheers!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2911 posts
1102 upvotes
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:28 am
Updated everything and it is working great. So far, it seems well worth the money.
After updating everything, including Fit, the watch face I liked, called Digital I think, disappeared. Don't really like any of the watch faces offered now. I see by "Getting more" faces through Play, they all say either "with Ads" or "in app purchases". Is there something available truly free?
Cheers!
You can modify and personalize each stock face that comes with the watch. So you actually can end up with something completely different. Just click on the gear when changing faces.
May 3, 2007
634 posts
151 upvotes
aaappping wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 4:47 pm
Any one using facer app noticing brand name faces disappearing? All my omega, Rolex, IWC are gone now.
There was a great watch face designer named "Croid" that had the best high-end faces.
But unfortunately, that person is no longer on Facer.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17285 posts
8335 upvotes
Kitchener
Jani7777777 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:28 am
Cheers!
The ads are not on the face but on the mobile app so not that intrusive IMO.
That said, I would recommend checking "minimal and elegant", not free but cheap enough (all it takes is a few surveys from Google to recover), tons of presets and every one of them is fully customizable.
http://academyextreme.com/presets/galle ... &adm=0&a=1
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17285 posts
8335 upvotes
Kitchener
SeanC25458 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:48 am
Is this watch compatible with Iphones?
Yes, but the functionality is limited by what iOS would allow WearOS app to do, which is practically nothing much (not really hard to see why) aside from receiving notifications.
And can you play mp3s off of the watch?
Yes you can (not 100% sure about the functionality with iOS though), but wouldn't recommend it given the measly speaker on the watch.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1676 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Speaking of notifications, any way the vibration can be stronger so I can actually fell there's a notification?

Thx in advance.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1272 posts
103 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:50 pm
The ads are not on the face but on the mobile app so not that intrusive IMO.
That said, I would recommend checking "minimal and elegant", not free but cheap enough (all it takes is a few surveys from Google to recover), tons of presets and every one of them is fully customizable.
http://academyextreme.com/presets/galle ... &adm=0&a=1

how do you get Google survey for free Play store credit??

also, these academy extreme watch face..does watch watch face a separate app or do they use facer or Watchmaker??

tx
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17285 posts
8335 upvotes
Kitchener
softech wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:47 pm
how do you get Google survey for free Play store credit??
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_CA
also, these academy extreme watch face..does watch watch face a separate app or do they use facer or Watchmaker??
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... inimalface
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17285 posts
8335 upvotes
Kitchener
matt4670 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:39 pm
Speaking of notifications, any way the vibration can be stronger so I can actually fell there's a notification?

Thx in advance.
As mentioned in the setup post, you can only change the vibration pattern to make it more notable, check the app linked there.
Also, consider tightening the watch (it shouldn't slide around when you shake your wrist).

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

Ramtuckinit