Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca / Dyson Canada Offical Account] Dyson humidifier $285 refurbished reg $599

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 7:39 pm
[OP]
Dec 2, 2010
29 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

Dyson humidifier $285 refurbished reg $599

Deal Link:
Price:
$285
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
eBay.ca / Dyson Canada Offical Account
Dyson humidifier refurbished which are $599 full price in Canada is on sale on eBay plus an additional discount to bring it to 285. I know this is still expensive but it is over 50% off the normal price.
17 replies
Mar 25, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
why does dyson have so much refurbished product? do that many items come back defective?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3916 posts
216 upvotes
dirkdigs wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:24 pm
why does dyson have so much refurbished product? do that many items come back defective?
My Dyson handheld was indistinguishable from new but sold as a refurb.

My guess is that like some other manufacturers, they want to move product but don't want to be seen as heavily discounting, so they slap a refurb title on it, toss it in a crappier box and sell it as a refurb.

When I registered online I even got the retail length warranty.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2480 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto
RastaManMax wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:29 pm

My Dyson handheld was indistinguishable from new but sold as a refurb.

My guess is that like some other manufacturers, they want to move product but don't want to be seen as heavily discounting, so they slap a refurb title on it, toss it in a crappier box and sell it as a refurb.

When I registered online I even got the retail length warranty.
If you register it before they do, it'll show when it was originally registered.

They aren't selling unsold units as refurbs.

They actually are refurbs.

Dyson cuts the middleman out by servicing their own products.

That way they keep their customers happy, and are able to secure the customer looking not to spend as much by selling them refurbs through their own managed store front.

Once shipped, they register the warranty for you.

Dyson requires a reciept for any warranty work as they track every serial sold.

A few of us ordered a bunch of Dyson products last sale.

Majority showed wear and tear on them, others were damaged during shipping.

Dyson did replace the ones shipped incorrectly.

Anything bought on the eBay Store is final sale.
Mar 25, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
well for such an expensive product (fans/ humidifiers / air purifiers / vacuums ) it sure seems like they have a high number of refrubs consistently available.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
It's a good point dirkdigs.
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm:
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
Is this humidifier any good?
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1016 posts
203 upvotes
any reviews from rfders that own one? worth the price?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2480 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto
dirkdigs wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:00 pm
well for such an expensive product (fans/ humidifiers / air purifiers / vacuums ) it sure seems like they have a high number of refrubs consistently available.
Whether they do or don't, and of the day they aren't hanging you out to dry if you have issues with the item.

Sure it can be cheaper to buy an affordable brand, but how is that brands customer service?

In terms of Dyson product replacement, as soon as they see tracking info on your unit being sent back to them, they send you a replacement.

In the rare case they are out of stock, they will replace it with a new one or likely upgrade you.
Mar 25, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
ok so your paying for customer service thats great . but how is the product quality ?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3916 posts
216 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:41 pm
If you register it before they do, it'll show when it was originally registered.

They aren't selling unsold units as refurbs.

They actually are refurbs.

Dyson cuts the middleman out by servicing their own products.

That way they keep their customers happy, and are able to secure the customer looking not to spend as much by selling them refurbs through their own managed store front.

Once shipped, they register the warranty for you.

Dyson requires a reciept for any warranty work as they track every serial sold.

A few of us ordered a bunch of Dyson products last sale.

Majority showed wear and tear on them, others were damaged during shipping.

Dyson did replace the ones shipped incorrectly.

Anything bought on the eBay Store is final sale.
Thanks didn't know that you could see original registration if you registered it before they did. I did mine right away since I didn't want to have to think about it later on. Also never had to warranty it either so I guess that's when I would've found out.

I ordered mine a long while back now but it looked indistinguishable from new. That said, everything refurb is a crapshoot so I probably lucked out somehow.

That said, it is odd that there's so many refurbs. Maybe they just sell an absolute ton of these things so while we think that there's a lot, it's really a low %? Who knows.

What I will say is that my Dyson stick vacuum is performing like the day we just get it (not even any noticeable battery degregation).
Mar 25, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
lol i am pretty sure $600 humidifiers aren't flying off the shelves
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2480 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto
RastaManMax wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:30 pm
Thanks didn't know that you could see original registration if you registered it before they did. I did mine right away since I didn't want to have to think about it later on. Also never had to warranty it either so I guess that's when I would've found out.

I ordered mine a long while back now but it looked indistinguishable from new. That said, everything refurb is a crapshoot so I probably lucked out somehow.

That said, it is odd that there's so many refurbs. Maybe they just sell an absolute ton of these things so while we think that there's a lot, it's really a low %? Who knows.

What I will say is that my Dyson stick vacuum is performing like the day we just get it (not even any noticeable battery degregation).
They sell out.

I know this because last sale, I ordered an AM09.

It looks flawless, but during operation had the click during oscillation and squeak.

I sent it back and Dyson took a week and half to replace it.

They ran out of stock so replaced it with a new unit in retail packaging.
dirkdigs wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:35 pm
lol i am pretty sure $600 humidifiers aren't flying off the shelves
Maybe, but they have refurbs because others have bought and sent them in to be replaced.

RFD is a small clutch of people.

There are ton of people, whether middle-income or high-income who will buy Dyson for the name/have the cash and want something that works and has reliable support.

It's in the same league as Apple, it works, if it doesn't call support or walk into an Apple Store.

No Fuss.
Jun 26, 2016
16 posts
2 upvotes
Always had great experience with Dyson customer support and products and I buy mostly their refurbished items. I would say all of the ones I had so far came in indistinguishable from new condition just like this humidifier which I received Monday and have been running since. No signs of wear and no build ups anywhere eg scaling etc at all.
My quick comparissom with different humidifiers I have had in the past from Air-o-Swiss also being ultrasonic humidifiers
- almost silent in lowest fan setting and no real audible sound from the ultrasonic chamber. The airoswiss is actually louder even without a fan as the ultrasonic plate is right beneath the exit tube
- wish this Dyson would rotate like their fans but neither did any of my other humidifiers, also wish it had hot air mode
- my biggest problem with the other humidifiers (non centralized) is that most of the mist ends up settling around the area in front of the spout. I even put it near the air vents or had my dyson fan in front or behind it. It was never ideal and why I really buy into this idea. On a normal cold night I would empty the entire 3L? tank of my airoswiss. But last two cold nights I barely emptied 2/3 of the 1.5L? tank of the dyson.
- I’m also hoping with better moisture control and distribution I will stop having all the related issues with excess moisture and hence potential mould buildup around the windows.
- had the dreaded F1 error showing up yesterday morning so will see if we need to send this back in the near future
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1304 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Does this also spread powdery minerals like some other humidifiers?