Entrepreneurship & Small Business

eBay.ca Removing Listings of Xiaomi Phones?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2019 7:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3335 posts
2831 upvotes

eBay.ca Removing Listings of Xiaomi Phones?

I just received the following email. I thought it was a scam, but the headers look very legit. So I went to ebay.ca and checked my listings, and the one being mentioned now redirects to a US seller selling a similar (but different) Xiaomi phone.

Oddest bit: this listing sold months ago.

Note: I've redacted personally identifiable elements of the message.

Anybody have a clue what this is about?

Your listings have been ended

Hello *******,
After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

We removed your listing(s) at the request of a Government body. Xiaomi products are not certified for sale in Canada per information we have received from the Canadian government. eBay members must follow local and international laws and regulations, as well as eBay policies.

Here are the listings we removed:
************ - Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

eBay Document ID:
eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2019 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.