Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Sony PlayStation TV Vita Game Bundle - $55.99 with free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2018 5:22 am
28 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1791 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
can anyone give a lowdown on this product? I have a ps4 but no idea what this is...
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
jasonuoft wrote: Maybe a decent deal for someone who has PS4.
PS vita TV for 55.99.
Included Dualshock 3 and 8GB memory card probably worth around 40 dollars.
It's been $50 and less in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to $50 or the sub-$50 range again within the next couple of months.
Banned
Nov 5, 2008
182 posts
154 upvotes
pace wrote: can anyone give a lowdown on this product? I have a ps4 but no idea what this is...
Basically allows you to stream your ps4 on another tv that this is hooked up to in your house without moving the ps4 around. However, you will need an internet connection.

Apparently, it is not very good at streaming through wifi and you will need a hardline connection. Even then, it might not be perfect.
Mar 10, 2010
163 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto,Canada
pace wrote: can anyone give a lowdown on this product? I have a ps4 but no idea what this is...
It plays selective vita and PS1 game on TV with four shoulder buttons(as compared with 2 on vita) with upscaled resolution.
Also you can remote play PS4 games to another TV.(Play PS4 games in your bedroom while someone is watching TV in the living room where the PS4 is connected to, thats the most useful features IMO)
Aug 6, 2007
137 posts
157 upvotes
It's essentially a PS VITA for your tv; in addition it includes other features like streaming your PS3/PS4 games to another television on the same network; as well as PS Now support.

I had one for 2 days and took it back; Vita graphics on a large screen tv DO NOT LOOK GOOD; in addition I found the streaming lacked consistency. I have a high end Router at home so I mainly blame the lack of 5ghz support for the PS4 and the PSTV. I am sure if you have a physical connection the problems will be less severe.
Aug 22, 2014
240 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I'm building a home theater in the basement and have a PS4 upstairs in the family room. Tempted to pick one up so we can play the PS4 games in either location. It will be hardwired.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4059 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
BreadBagSeals wrote: I'm building a home theater in the basement and have a PS4 upstairs in the family room. Tempted to pick one up so we can play the PS4 games in either location. It will be hardwired.
I've been tempted several times, but even hardwired people have said that it doesn't stream PS4 well - not sure how they screwed this up so badly!
Jul 24, 2014
268 posts
245 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Could be lower. Historic low was 39.99 for bundle? I would consider this at 49.99 but not a penny more!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
G77 wrote: I've been tempted several times, but even hardwired people have said that it doesn't stream PS4 well - not sure how they screwed this up so badly!
It isn't that bad. I have a 30/5 internet connection at home and was able to play PS4 games via my PS TV while on vacation in the caribbean. I've noticed that some games stream a lot better than others. I was able to play GTA5 with it and I didn't have too much lag.
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
Feb 4, 2015
670 posts
2467 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I would wait, Playstation TV is $20 right now in the US.

Not to say we will get the same sale, but it was $50 at some point, so definitely room to drop more since they are blowing it out.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12068 upvotes
Toronto
Got one for $50 back in June, not that useful especially if you have a Vita. Limited game support and no apps like Netflix and Youtube.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Saw these at superstore for 49.99 yesterday
Sep 27, 2012
141 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg
Verdic wrote: I would wait, Playstation TV is $20 right now in the US.

Not to say we will get the same sale, but it was $50 at some point, so definitely room to drop more since they are blowing it out.
I agree. The thing was just a flop and there is no more hope for the Vita (hasn't been for several years now actually :p). I expect it to be at least half this price in a year but we'll see.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
I would be happy to sell my Playstation Vita TV for $30 if anyone is interested. Located in Toronto.
Jul 30, 2013
208 posts
33 upvotes
Ajax
nice ill sell the spare remote and game and use my ps4 pad
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
I've found that the lag, even if it's off by a few milliseconds, is enough for me to not want to bother playing it. I bought one for $50 at Best Buy and I never use it. It's great for what little Vita games do work though. Just keep in mind it maxes out at 720p and it's only in stereo. The included controller is pretty cheap compared to the ones you would actually buy in retail--still not a bad value but if you don't really use it you might as well spend the $50 on something else.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1237 posts
415 upvotes
G77 wrote: I've been tempted several times, but even hardwired people have said that it doesn't stream PS4 well - not sure how they screwed this up so badly!
This was the case at launch but after a month or so has been fine. So probably depends on internet connection like any other streaming device. I get around 12*18 mbps with internet provider and have no lag. So far have played far cry 4, destiny, final fantasy type 0, and couple others and didn't notice huge lag or anything. Actually the most have used it for is rouge legacy. I have hooked up in bedroom and like to play before bed lol! Its definitly not for everybody but if you want to play ps4 in another room or vita games on big tv will be okay. I picked up for around $65 and sold the controller so $40 net for the ps tv, lego movie video game and 8 gb memory card can't complain. Oh ya other wierd thing is doesn't have netflix, sony has never really commented on this but doubt it will ever come which is wierd because you can pretty much get it in your toaster now!
Aug 1, 2012
282 posts
471 upvotes
Vancouver
thetick wrote: This was the case at launch but after a month or so has been fine. So probably depends on internet connection like any other streaming device. I get around 12*18 mbps with internet provider and have no lag. So far have played far cry 4, destiny, final fantasy type 0, and couple others and didn't notice huge lag or anything. Actually the most have used it for is rouge legacy. I have hooked up in bedroom and like to play before bed lol! Its definitly not for everybody but if you want to play ps4 in another room or vita games on big tv will be okay. I picked up for around $65 and sold the controller so $40 net for the ps tv, lego movie video game and 8 gb memory card can't complain. Oh ya other wierd thing is doesn't have netflix, sony has never really commented on this but doubt it will ever come which is wierd because you can pretty much get it in your toaster now!
The streaming from your PS4 to the PS TV has nothing to do with your internet speed or provider. In theory, you can play without one. You may even be able to, but it may need handshakes from Sony so you're not doing anything illegal. Nevertheless, the PS4 stream never goes over the internet. It stays in your LAN.

This means, it's 100% reliant on your router. If you're using most of the modem/router combos that ISPs give you're probably going to have some problems as most are crap.

One person may have bad lag and another may not. If you are streaming, make you look at your router's specs and try to use ethernet. Things like the router's bandwidth and even more important home many connections can it handle (not just what the specs say but in practice so see reviews and such). Some people have 20+ devices connected to their router. Even though most routers say it can handle 255 devices it won't go anywhere close to that.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I use mine to watch Crackle.
It's like a poor mans Netflix, only free.
Bot the bundle @ London Drugs for $59 last year.
Pretty much already paid for itself on older movie rentals.
Works great with both the PS4 gamepad & a PS3 BluRay Remote.

Also works OK for PS4 game streaming on a home network.
Not bad for gaming before bedtime.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)