• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 8:48 am
Jun 3, 2007
478 posts
104 upvotes
Scarborough
redflag0 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 3:38 pm
guys as someone that got a nice discount on these its not worth it and here's why

Uber stops giving you the discounts that it offers on its own

so you lose out in one way or another, basically you get this particular discount but not Uber's regular discounts

for ex. my Uber to my friends place with a gift card cost $8.93 and my friend that was standing right beside me his price was $5.53

so I guess uber has no incentive to offer me discounts if I have gift cards loaded on my account
Dont' think that's because of giftcard load,probably price hike, you can have LYFT to compare at same time.
Apr 13, 2016
287 posts
166 upvotes
crispwolf wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 3:57 pm
Dont' think that's because of giftcard load,probably price hike, you can have LYFT to compare at same time.
I'm telling you I've seen it in action, my friend was standing beside me and his uber to the same location was cheaper

and prior to me loading gift cards I would regularly get discounts just like him

so you're basically giving up unknown quantity of discounts for a known quantity of discounts imo

which is fine, but you should know that's what's happening
Nov 5, 2015
154 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thank you OP! Always nice to find a discount on a frequently used service!
Jan 20, 2007
78 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
Not able to pay, tried paypal and credit, in chrome and IE on computer, then it went trough on my cellphone with safari, after 5min, received an email saying payment didn't go through I need to order again, I give up.
Nov 26, 2014
787 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zhaiming97 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 6:19 pm
Not able to pay, tried paypal and credit, in chrome and IE on computer, then it went trough on my cellphone with safari, after 5min, received an email saying payment didn't go through I need to order again, I give up.
Chrome incognito and check out as guest?
Jan 20, 2007
78 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
EZSAVE wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 6:29 pm
Chrome incognito and check out as guest?
Thanks but didn't work, give up again.
Aug 28, 2004
144 posts
126 upvotes
Thanks I just ordered one, and only one as it wouldn’t let me place two in my order.
Oct 17, 2012
580 posts
431 upvotes
Vancouver
Got one for travel trips... Too bad the gift card only works in Canadian Uber zones. Would be nice if it worked everywhere with a conversion like the Starbucks app
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3030 posts
2708 upvotes
Mordor
sid8tive wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 1:44 pm
If you can lend me your time machine...
with this deal, we can just get a uber that is a delorean
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6798 posts
643 upvotes
TO
redflag0 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 3:38 pm
guys as someone that got a nice discount on these its not worth it and here's why

Uber stops giving you the discounts that it offers on its own

so you lose out in one way or another, basically you get this particular discount but not Uber's regular discounts

for ex. my Uber to my friends place with a gift card cost $8.93 and my friend that was standing right beside me his price was $5.53

so I guess uber has no incentive to offer me discounts if I have gift cards loaded on my account
Are you talking about the trip $ calculation or that it gives different trip cost to users who has a gift card in app?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6798 posts
643 upvotes
TO
sunnysidesolutions wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 9:52 pm
Got one for travel trips... Too bad the gift card only works in Canadian Uber zones. Would be nice if it worked everywhere with a conversion like the Starbucks app
Yes I was about to point out, these won't work in US - I don't know why the CA balance can't be utilized for US trips while there?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Jul 25, 2015
121 posts
49 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
sid8tive wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 1:44 pm
If you can lend me your time machine...
I went to 3 locations and were all sold out
Oct 17, 2012
580 posts
431 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 7:25 pm
Yes I was about to point out, these won't work in US - I don't know why the CA balance can't be utilized for US trips while there?
Yeah.. I only get to use the GC when I come out east :(