Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Breville Clearance Outlet: Refurb Breville BES870XL Barista Express, 6 mo Breville warranty- $399.99, free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2019 10:22 am
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
fullyreclined wrote: Looks like shipping is $40 extra. Seller rating is 4/5 with 84 reviews.
I had not noticed the shipping fee. The ebay deal is still better then. I think the bestbuy deal may be good only when the one on ebay is sold out (the bestbuy deal will be on until July 30)
Oct 27, 2009
750 posts
500 upvotes
Hamilton
fatestkid wrote: Get the Breville infuser bes840xl. That's equivalent to this machine minus the grinder. Although you will have a harder time finding it for less then $400. Also the grinder in this barista machine is better then the dose control pro for espresso.
The 840xl is $400 on Amazon today. Might have to bite. Is a good grinder possible within $100range?
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
stimy wrote: The 840xl is $400 on Amazon today. Might have to bite. Is a good grinder possible within $100range?
Damn... in front of my eyes they increased its price. This is the second item since the last night; as soon as someone mentions it here the price increases or it disappears from some price-matching stores lists. :-( About both items when the deals started it was mentioned the item would be on sale until 11:69 PT. Sigh...

Edit: I talk about black color.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
stimy wrote: The 840xl is $400 on Amazon today. Might have to bite. Is a good grinder possible within $100range?
No $100 won't buy you a good espresso grinder. The Breville Pro Grinder is the starting point and that goes for $200 but that performs the same as the built in grinder for the Breville Barista. You really need to spend $400-$600 on a grinder to do a better job then the breville barista built in grinder. Note, my comments are specific to using the grinder for espresso and not other types of grinds.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Oct 27, 2009
750 posts
500 upvotes
Hamilton
sanam79er wrote: Damn... in front of my eyes they increased its price. This is the second item since the last night; as soon as someone mentions it here the price increases or it disappears from some price-matching stores lists. :-( About both items when the deals started it was mentioned the item would be on sale until 11:69 PT. Sigh...

Edit: I talk about black color.
Looks like it's only the cranberry coloured one at that price. I noticed the stainless is $450 at Best Buy today . Personally I like the red one just fine.

But, based on what fattestkid said about the grinder(thanks for replying fattestkid) I'm on the fence.

Wife also says no, so that's not helping.
May 6, 2008
119 posts
57 upvotes
The 870XL went OOS for a couple hours, looks like it's back in stock. Just got one, perfect timing as I just moved and was looking for a solid machine.
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
alexjdb wrote: The 870XL went OOS for a couple hours, looks like it's back in stock. Just got one, perfect timing as I just moved and was looking for a solid machine.
I am also debating if it is better to go with the refurbished BES870 with 6 months warrantee or BES840 with 1 year warrantee doubled by credit card...
May 29, 2017
17 posts
5 upvotes
alexjdb wrote: 99% a scam: seller has 0-1 feedback, shipping would cost more than the item, unrealistic price, etc.
Hmm.. does eBay have coverage for scams if you purchase and they don't send, would they refund? Says free shipping.. agree it sounds too good to be true.
Mar 18, 2008
550 posts
221 upvotes
halifaks wrote: Hmm.. does eBay have coverage for scams if you purchase and they don't send, would they refund? Says free shipping.. agree it sounds too good to be true.
Do you really believe someone would be able to sell these for $129 and ship them around the world for free? Better hope the seller is Santa Claus.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11428 upvotes
Ottawa
fatestkid wrote: Along with the Cafiza tablets mentioned above, these 3rd party water filters work fine if you don't want to pay the high price from breville branded ones.
There are cheaper filters ($10 for 12, or even $9.52 with S&S): https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01F3896DA/
I've been using them for 3 years wtih my BES870. Back then I bought them for $20 though.
Also, those are charcoal filters, unlike the one you linked. (I'm not sure which are better though, was using charcoal ever since I got machine)
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
Those who are a bit experienced with espresso machines, which one would you recommend at the same price (~$400) : New Infuser (BES840XL) or refurb Barista Express (BES870XL)?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1203 upvotes
Montreal
Personally got the Cranberry 840XL and the Smart Grinder Pro for 400$ + 189$
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
n-ster wrote: Personally got the Cranberry 840XL and the Smart Grinder Pro for 400$ + 189$
Thank you. Reasonable as I believe Smart Pro is superior to the built-in Dose Control and having a new machine with longer warrantee brings more peace of mind. On the other hand, I am thinking as the two are not too different in size (especially width), it may be good to get the one with the grinder and delay buying the independent grinder until I find an exceptional deal on a grinder. Then again the counter argument would be probably a simple manual grinder in short term can serve this purpose too. Thinking Face I probably am thinking too much about it now. Face With Rolling Eyes
Mar 18, 2008
550 posts
221 upvotes
sanam79er wrote: Thank you. Reasonable as I believe Smart Pro is superior to the built-in Dose Control and having a new machine with longer warrantee brings more peace of mind. On the other hand, I am thinking as the two are not too different in size (especially width), it may be good to get the one with the grinder and delay buying the independent grinder until I find an exceptional deal on a grinder. Then again the counter argument would be probably a simple manual grinder in short term can serve this purpose too. Thinking Face I probably am thinking too much about it now. Face With Rolling Eyes
I would personally be buying the best grinder I could afford and worry about the machine at a later time, but a lot of people seem to insist on spending most of their money on the machine.
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
mopex wrote: I would personally be buying the best grinder I could afford and worry about the machine at a later time, but a lot of people seem to insist on spending most of their money on the machine.
Thanks for the response. As much as I understand the importance of the grinder, it seems the machine is important too. You too, have spent > 2 times the price if the grinder on the machine (which makes sense too me).
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1203 upvotes
Montreal
sanam79er wrote: Thanks for the response. As much as I understand the importance of the grinder, it seems the machine is important too. You too, have spent > 2 times the price if the grinder on the machine (which makes sense too me).
Haha you're mixing us up I think :P I'm new to the coffee world btw so don't base your decision on me, but here are some of my personal factors:
- I was about to buy my first grinder anyways (I would grind with my Omega juicer before), and I mostly do Aeropress, I prefer that versatility of the SGP
- I don't have much experience so I'd rather something new than taking forever to figure out there is a problem with a refurb
- I have the option to upgrade the grinder and machine separately, or sell, or give away
- I can return the espresso machine if it doesn't work out, same for the grinder
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2438 posts
1034 upvotes
sanam79er wrote: Thank you. Reasonable as I believe Smart Pro is superior to the built-in Dose Control and having a new machine with longer warrantee brings more peace of mind. On the other hand, I am thinking as the two are not too different in size (especially width), it may be good to get the one with the grinder and delay buying the independent grinder until I find an exceptional deal on a grinder. Then again the counter argument would be probably a simple manual grinder in short term can serve this purpose too. Thinking Face I probably am thinking too much about it now. Face With Rolling Eyes
I over think things like you but logic takes over. If you get the 870, you prob wont buy a grinder because it works well enough. Besides, the 870 takesup more counterspace and you want 2 grinders on it?
If you want new, I'd buy the grinder and the 840. Its more versatile and about the same price as buying a new 870 from best buy for $550
Feb 24, 2012
284 posts
83 upvotes
TORONTO
jon604 wrote: I over think things like you but logic takes over. If you get the 870, you prob wont buy a grinder because it works well enough. Besides, the 870 takesup more counterspace and you want 2 grinders on it?
If you want new, I'd buy the grinder and the 840. Its more versatile and about the same price as buying a new 870 from best buy for $550
Makes sense. Thanks. :-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)