• Jul 21st, 2017 7:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18703 posts
114004 upvotes
GTA

[eBay.ca] [DEAD] Dyson eBay Outlet: V6B Cordless Vacuum (Refurbished) - $199.99

Noticed that Dyson has lowered the price on the V6B cordless vac by $40, making it $199.99 with free shipping. Decent deal if you don't need the latest and greatest and don't mind refurbished.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dyson-Official-O ... 2528855123

Edit: Thanks to ETERN1TY for pointing out that this is also available on Dyson's website:

http://www.dysoncanada.ca/en-CA/refurbi ... ished.aspx

This is handy for getting Ebates on this purchase (normally 2.5%), but today (July 11th), you can get 7.5% cash back.
Last edited by toguy on Jul 10th, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
112 replies
Feb 18, 2013
603 posts
1080 upvotes
Bought this during the previous sale where the 20% off Home & Garden coupon stacked - my thoughts:

• The vacuum has a "MAX" button/mode where the suction is much greater - this vacuum is not impressive unless that MAX mode is on
  • With MAX mode on, the run time is pretty short - about 10 minutes is what I've been getting
  • My apartment's 600sqft and the 10 min run time is fine to do the whole place 99% of the time
  • If you have a larger home, one of these will not suffice
  • You do have to hold the button down the entire time you're using it, but it's not as annoying as it sounds
  • The only minor annoyance is when vacuuming my carpet/couches, if it sucks a little bit of fabric up it immediately shuts off the motorized head - if you keep holding the power button down it turns itself back on, but with the motorized head turned off. It seems really sensitive to this.
  • Overall, I'm happy with the purchase for the price I paid - if you have a small enough space for the <10 min run time, it's the best I've used as far as suction goes.

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
1939 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
In for one. It will complement nicely roomba in my small condo. Roomba for daily maintenance and this for weekly cleanings.
Jan 25, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
interested in this for my mom. would anyone be able to comment on the condition of the refurb units? are there visible signs of use?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
1847 posts
139 upvotes
Excellent deal. Would buy another one but I already equipped my entire family with one of these from the last sale...
Aug 23, 2014
51 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Leverage wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:14 pm
Bought this during the previous sale where the 20% off Home & Garden coupon stacked - my thoughts:

• The vacuum has a "MAX" button/mode where the suction is much greater - this vacuum is not impressive unless that MAX mode is on
  • With MAX mode on, the run time is pretty short - about 10 minutes is what I've been getting
  • My apartment's 600sqft and the 10 min run time is fine to do the whole place 99% of the time
  • You do have to hold the button down the entire time you're using it, but it's not as annoying as it sounds
  • The only minor annoyance is when vacuuming my carpet/couches, if it sucks a little bit of fabric up it immediately shuts off the motorized head - if you keep holding the power button down it turns itself back on, but with the motorized head turned off. It seems really sensitive to this.
  • Overall, I'm happy with the purchase for the price I paid - if you have a small enough space for the <10 min run time, it's the best I've used as far as suction goes.

Thanks for the thoughts. what did you pay for it with the last sale? what was the condition?
Dec 4, 2007
132 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks, will likely get one too. Bought one during a previous sale, lent it to my parents, and now I can't get it back. For a refurb the condition was pretty good. You can tell it is not brand new, but they clean it up nicely.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18703 posts
114004 upvotes
GTA
Leverage wrote:

Good summary/points, and I think they hold true for my old DC35 as well. I will say though, that while I do have a more average-sized home, I still find it handy for cleaning individual rooms that need tidying up in between full 'bottom to top' cleanings (i.e. kitchen) or for quick vacuums of spills, etc. If you have a multi-storey home, it's great for when you don't want to lug the big upright from upstairs or downstairs just for a quick cleanup.
Feb 18, 2013
603 posts
1080 upvotes
jellyfish89 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:26 pm
interested in this for my mom. would anyone be able to comment on the condition of the refurb units? are there visible signs of use?
sorrowt wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:30 pm
Thanks for the thoughts. what did you pay for it with the last sale? what was the condition?
It's pretty close to new - there are some cosmetic scuffs on the handle/main unit, but nothing a black sharpie couldn't fix. The actual cleaning containers and parts were spotless and looked new. The filter inside was brand new as well.

This is what I paid, about $195 + BC tax after the coupon, but it included an extra cleaning accessory kit, which I actually haven't even used yet. The main unit itself is more than enough.
Jul 20, 2008
16 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:32 pm
Good summary/points, and I think they hold true for my old DC35 as well. I will say though, that while I do have a more average-sized home, I still find it handy for cleaning individual rooms that need tidying up in between full 'bottom to top' cleanings (i.e. kitchen) or for quick vacuums of spills, etc. If you have a multi-storey home, it's great for when you don't want to lug the big upright from upstairs or downstairs just for a quick cleanup.
I also have the DC35 and after years of service, it's starting to die on me b/c of the battery. I have a 3 story town house that is about 1,700 sqft with two cats and I find it to be super convenient. I have a central vacuum cleaner system but I rarely use it. Just grabbing the DC35 tends to be way easier and it's so light. Even without MAX on, I find it does the job well. On one charge, I am able to do 1 entire floor and 1 flight of stairs.
Jun 6, 2013
198 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So no accessory kit with this one then? Guess I'll wait.
Mar 9, 2007
447 posts
51 upvotes
Is it possible to replace the battery on these things? I did a quick Google search but didn't come upon anything right off the bat.
Jul 20, 2008
16 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
JuniorMint wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:45 pm
So no accessory kit with this one then? Guess I'll wait.
It should come with 1 combination and 1 crevice tool at the very least. Could someone confirm?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7972 posts
2204 upvotes
Leverage wrote:

Nice points.
I was thinking of grabbing one for all the carpeted stairs in our home as we have 1800sq ft main and upper then a carpeted basement but since this would last only 10 minutes that should be enough time for the stairs and not be such a big pair lugging the big vacuum up
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1425 posts
234 upvotes
Gatineau
wish ebay has the 20% off coupon again! i guess i shoudl at least wait until there is a $15 off coupon

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)