Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Dell Latitude Ultrabook E7440 i5 4300u 1.9ghz 8GB Ram 256GB SSD Windows 10 Pro - Refurb - $369.99 + Free Shipping

Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bishop8 wrote: Thanks OP, looking for something for my son.

I thought the seller, Refurbio, was kind of hit-and-miss in terms of quality/refurbishment. At least I seem to recall a number of threads for their products a while back and the products received seemed mixed.
They are more miss then hit in my personal experience, but I bought through their website rather than eBay.
Hopefully when you buy through eBay you have more protection because dealing with this company is a pure nightmare when stuff goes wrong.
Oh and dont expect your refurbs to be apple or lenovo grade refurbs, likely they will have been visibly worn and abused (expect scratches/imperfections to be covered up with d-brand skin look-alikes)..
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Some pretty decent deals on the rest of the sellers profile but score isn't the best so it may a slight gamble on the condition
Aug 17, 2015
387 posts
618 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I bought a laptop from them on ebay a few months back. It was supposed to be a grade-A.
it was missing rubber feet, some of the little rubber bumpers that keep the lid from rubbing on the keyboard, and had very obvious spots where service stickers were on the lid.

When I contacted them about it they basically told me to take a hike - so i left them so negative feedback and sourced the missing stuff on ebay.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Redscott wrote: 1080P panel and slightly better i7-4600U 2.1GHz is $120 more

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dell-Latitude-E ... 2240853495
Too pricey, IMO. Given the "i7" is not a QC, I'd much rather have a cheaper i5 and pay under $400 for that thing--if that were the case I'd probably jump on it. The 7440 is way too big and with that low-res screen it's just stupid unfortunately. The 12" is much better and has a proper screen but price is too up there for me. I've been thinking of upgrading my E6320 but the deals I've seen on 7-series recently have all been "close but no cigar".

Do any of these have touch, btw? Or is that only the E7x40 with the black lids? Speaking of which, I'd also prefer the black lid, lol. Edit: Wait the i7 has the black lid...is it touchscreen?
coriolis wrote: I've been using one for work for the past 2-3 years. Overall its good but I've had serious sleep/wake issues that I haven't figured out a solution (upon waking up, it stays and idles at a black screen).
Interesting I sort of have the same problem on my 6320, only it only happens sometimes and to restore it, I just have to hotkey sleep it again (Fn+F1) and then resume and it's back. I never really looked into it because it's a fix a quick button combo and a few seconds takes care of.
coriolis wrote: The other issue is the tragic battery life, its really bad and I've gone through 3 batteries, all of which start to deform and warp over time.
Batteries are never really a strong point of laptops and Dell for also causing pre-mature death due to the way their battery eeprom/"firmware" is setup--kind of like a "buy more batteries" scam. I have the 6-cell, the bay battery, and the slice for my Latitude but I basically only use the main (+bay) when I'm actually mobile and rarely ever use the slice (the slice is kind of funny since it weighs more than the entire laptop). The bay battery has therefore taken all the "load" and abuse over time and is basically good for like 20 minutes run time now. The good news is with the bay battery you don't get the stupid "this battery needs replacing" warning from Windows/BIOS, despite the fact that it's way down on usable capacity now (I think it's 20% or less for sure). The bad news is even though I bought the bay battery for really cheap, it's also really hard to find now and expensive when you do find one for sale. This is in contrast to the old D series where the bay batts are a dime a dozen and easily found.
tbonegreen wrote: When I contacted them about it they basically told me to take a hike - so i left them so negative feedback and sourced the missing stuff on ebay.
Well I guess not the greatest seller to buy from then anyway :( The good thing about Latitudes is that last part is very easily doable. You can basically get any part of them from the major parts down to things like hinges, rubber feet, screws even, off eBay, etc. The same cannot be said for disposable consumer laptops where you're basically just looking for luck from people selling used .parts from otherwise dead/broken laptops. One of the many reasons I'll never buy a consumer-level laptop.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
tokinup wrote: Edward, how could we determine battery age before buying, would they tell us? Also where did you buy the simplo? battery and how much did it cost? Thanks very much.
Older Dells used to have the battery "flash back" feature, with the lights, but they stopped that after the E6x10 series. Even then the vast majority of sellers had no idea how to use the flash back feature (basically you held down the button for several seconds and then it came up with lights indicating the health of the battery instead of the charge level) and anything being sold with non-geniune batts would not have that feature (the aftermarket and counterfeit ones had the lights which worked for SOC indication but not for flash back/usable capacity indication).

It sucks that Dell removed the lights (clearly a cost saving measure) one newer versions. You can still use a battery info program that will show you the EEPROM's value for remaining usable capacity, but again good luck getting a seller to do that even if they know how to do it (advertising suboptimal remaining capacity is not going to sell your laptop(s) is it?). Instead they'll just add in the typical used/refurb/off-lease battery disclaimer that "the battery holds a charge but remaining life is not guaranteed" or similar :rolleyes: Them's the breaks with non-new laptops. But, given you can buy an off-lease or refurb Latitude that's a year or two old for like 25% of what it originally sold for at retail? Can't really complain much. I'd still rather buy a laptop at $200-400 and replace the battery than buy one at $2000 just to have it come with one ;) At least the battery in these is still a pack and easily user-replacable. Most newer ultrabooks, you'll have to dismantle it and manually replace the battery 'cause it's built-in.