Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Dyson Official Outlet: Dyson V8H Refurb - $343.99 (20% off) from Dyson eBay Outlet, V8B $287.99 | V7B $223.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 5:22 pm
Apr 22, 2017
223 posts
189 upvotes
Manitoba
fightbriz wrote: Thanks, is the soft head motorized?
Yes it is!
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Feb 25, 2007
321 posts
199 upvotes
Albuca wrote: Bleh.
So I recieved. My V8H yesterday, charged her up and took it for a spin. I'm happy with how the fluffy tool works on my laminant floors, and it cleaned up a lot more than I was excepting...

But! The battery is a piece of garbo. I got 1 minute of max power with no attachments, and then 2 minutes the next time on a full charge.
Contacted Dyson (via eBay, since the telephone people indicated I had to contact them through that route) to see what's up. They said I can either return it for my money back, or wait an indefinite period for a new battery (as they are OOS with no ETA on replenishment).
I asked about an exchange, and they indicated they would only do that after I've owned it for 60 days...

I mean, I like the product - but the customer support just sucks. What also really grinds my gears, is that Dyson USA has the V8 in stock, but Canada "can't get any more".

I guess plan C is to ship it back and order a new one while it's still on sale to see if that one works better... but honestly this has just left a bad taste in my mouth. Unfortunately, AFAIK there is no real competitor in the cordless stick game as this time.
This.... same experience. 3 mins life with soft roller, 4 min life with no powered accessory. Dyson sent me a return label. Will send it back for replacement. I’ve owned it since October 2018 but started to act up recently.
Apr 22, 2017
223 posts
189 upvotes
Manitoba
mac_ec wrote: This.... same experience. 3 mins life with soft roller, 4 min life with no powered accessory. Dyson sent me a return label. Will send it back for replacement. I’ve owned it since October 2018 but started to act up recently.
So I called up cx support asking about a battery for a V8 (without mentioning that I got it off of ebay) and they indicated that they are getting new batteries late next week. I contacted them through ebay and they put me on some list to be contacted when they are in.

Guess I'll hold on to it for a week or so, and if there's no movement on the battery front I'll send it back.

Very disappointing.
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Jul 18, 2008
267 posts
344 upvotes
I can echo the negative experiences of everybody else here.

I ordered a refurb V6 just before Christmas for ourselves. When it arrived, the box was torn open, and pieces were hanging out of the box. I rejected the shipment, contacted Dyson, and they sent me a new one sight unseen. In the meantime, the delivery company taped up the box and redelivered the first one (unbeknownst to me). That first one didn’t work out of the (taped up) box, even after being plugged in for two days straight. The replacement vacuum that they shipped to replace the busted up box arrived a short time later, and worked fine out of the box (although it was dirty and dented). I returned the unserviceable one to Dyson, and kept the working one. So far, so good with this one.

At the same time, we ordered a second refurb V6 to give to the in laws for Christmas. Upon opening it, theirs also didn’t work (wouldn’t even turn on). Dyson sent them a replacement battery, but the vacuum still doesn’t turn on. They’re now having to call Dyson yet again to get a functioning replacement for the dud we gave them for Christmas. Shame on me for buying a refurbished for a gift without trying it I guess, but 2 out of 3 refurbished V6s we bought from them arrived non functional. What kind of quality control is that?

Thanks for sharing with the community OP, but I would highly recommend steering clear of this “deal”.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1171 posts
470 upvotes
All good for me with dyson refurbs. Bought 5 total for friends and family. 3xV6 1xV7 1xcorded. All 5 looked and function like new. Luck of the draw I guess?
Oct 22, 2013
437 posts
289 upvotes
NORTH YORK
bobbyg9 wrote: All good for me with dyson refurbs. Bought 5 total for friends and family. 3xV6 1xV7 1xcorded. All 5 looked and function like new. Luck of the draw I guess?
you need to buy brand new one to see the difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: Well then brand new could also be hit and miss if someone gets a lemon on their first time according to you. statistically speaking, I bought three, and if the chance of a miss is 50%, then with my sample, there's a 12.5% chance of getting a lemon. Are you saying it's still hit and miss for you if it's less than 15% chance of getting a lemon? I would consider refurbs hit and miss if it's right down the 50% line, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the original dyson refurb threads else you would see half the thread complaining.
I have a few people on this thread agreed with me that it's hit and miss and not like Apple refurb. Any thing from dead battery and product look used and not like new.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote: I have a few people on this thread agreed with me that it's hit and miss and not like Apple refurb. Any thing from dead battery and product look used and not like new.
Participation bias. Those who have problems are more likely to speak up and report their problems than people who have no issues. I bet some apple refurbs have problems too. Heck I had an iPhone 5 bought brand new when it first came out, and it had a horrible battery drain issue. Took it back to apple and they gave me a brand new one. Went online and found some other people had the same issue. But I didn't label apple hit or miss with my 1 sample size. People are buying REFURBS, of course it's going to look somewhat used and not new. I bought my refurb with the expectation of minor scratches and dings as long as it is clean.

Collectively, there have been over 10,000 refurb dysons sold (you may sum it up on each eBay page), yet we only have a handful of people complaining. If someone doesn't ask me, I wouldn't mention how good my Dyson refurbs are, but if I got a bad unit I would make sure it is heard. Not everyone who got a perfectly working unit come back to the original thread to say they got a good unit.

At the end of the day, what I am trying to say is if I were a spectator/guest/lurker and I come to this thread and read Dyson refurbs are "hit or miss", I am going to assume close to 50% are lemons or the refurbs are generally unpredictable. And if that were really the case, you bet you're going to see more than 5,000 angry responses and reviews. Plus I read in the previous thread that Dyson was shipping brand new V8 to exchange dead battery of V8H models. That sounds like top CS to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: Participation bias. Those who have problems are more likely to speak up and report their problems than people who have no issues. I bet some apple refurbs have problems too. Heck I had an iPhone 5 bought brand new when it first came out, and it had a horrible battery drain issue. Took it back to apple and they gave me a brand new one. Went online and found some other people had the same issue. But I didn't label apple hit or miss with my 1 sample size. People are buying REFURBS, of course it's going to look somewhat used and not new. I bought my refurb with the expectation of minor scratches and dings as long as it is clean.

Collectively, there have been over 10,000 refurb dysons sold (you may sum it up on each eBay page), yet we only have a handful of people complaining. If someone doesn't ask me, I wouldn't mention how good my Dyson refurbs are, but if I got a bad unit I would make sure it is heard. Not everyone who got a perfectly working unit come back to the original thread to say they got a good unit.

At the end of the day, what I am trying to say is if I were a spectator/guest/lurker and I come to this thread and read Dyson refurbs are "hit or miss", I am going to assume close to 50% are lemons or the refurbs are generally unpredictable. And if that were really the case, you bet you're going to see more than 5,000 angry responses and reviews. Plus I read in the previous thread that Dyson was shipping brand new V8 to exchange dead battery of V8H models. That sounds like top CS to me.
Iphone 5 battery drain was a known issue at the time. Applied to all new phone and not just yours. If Dyson refurb were good quality they would have change all the parts and make it look like new. Some people receive a used product or dead battery. It shouldn't happen if they have good refurb standard. Look to me like they just send it out and hope people don't complain. It's a hassle trying to return stuff and some people won't.

Why would you assume such a big number that 50% were lemon is a hit and miss . Even if 10% were bad I would consider that hit and miss. It shouldn't happen.

Top CS? give me a break. If any company that send you a dead product you can get it replaced or refunded it's Ebay policy. They have to do it. Got nothing to do with top CS.

I bought a bunch of refurb stuff from them as well and some were like new but some look like someone has use it and return it. Will I buy another refurb from Dyson? Absolutely because it's cheaper than buying new and I know that I can trust Ebay policy if something goes wrong.
Last edited by xpressmerchant on Feb 8th, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 25, 2004
50 posts
37 upvotes
Here's another data point ;). I bought a V8H refurb last week. It arrived and every part looks spanking new. Runs great. Super happy so far....
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
You guys remember that Nsync song, Bye Bye Bye?

Yeah, that's what I am saying to $250....
Why can't we all just get along?
Aug 1, 2011
61 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
anybody get their order canceled?

just received email that mine was canceled...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
I've owned a V7B refurb for about 6 months now, works great! I had to locate a fluffy head for $60 used. If they had the V8H at that time I would have bought it instead.

Between this vacuum and the robo vac I very rarely have to break out the main hose vacuum.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1241 upvotes
Milton, ON
jeff1970 wrote: You guys remember that Nsync song, Bye Bye Bye?

Yeah, that's what I am saying to $250....
A for effort
Jan 13, 2009
362 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
Received my refurbished V8H. Condition is excellent. Ran battery on High and got a minute and a half longer on Max mode than the 7 minutes spec'd. Though I just had it sitting there with power head attached.
So far so good.
Bigger dilemma is whether I show my wife what I got her today, Valentines Day? Must be one of the biggest No nos (outside of a scale) however it is a Dyson Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks everyone for the great comments and insights (I'm new to the forum and RFD in general actually, been liv9ng under a rock I guess)

Quick question about shipping - I keep seeing these "wow, fast shipping comments" and I guess I'm used to something else. What would be an average for shipping for these refurbished Dysons? I ordered mine on Feb 10th and it's not shipped yet. I'm in Toronto.
Jan 13, 2009
362 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
DianaN71218 wrote:
Quick question about shipping - I keep seeing these "wow, fast shipping comments" and I guess I'm used to something else. What would be an average for shipping for these refurbished Dysons? I ordered mine on Feb 10th and it's not shipped yet. I'm in Toronto.
Ordered on the 5th and arrived the 13th via Purolator (to Vancouver).
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
Jammer005 wrote: Ordered on the 5th and arrived the 13th via Purolator (to Vancouver).
Thanks for sharing that timeline!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sometime mid-week. I'm aware that the odds of getting a perfectly functional vacuum are very high, but all the different comments have made me nervous. So... every day that passes makes me doubt my purchase just a bit more Confounded Face
Apr 10, 2013
32 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered one on February 6th, delivered by Purolator on February 13th (Edmonton). The item looks to be in excellent condition, however the box wax crushed/ opened and the extension wand has scratches all along it. Not sure if this was caused due to shipping.
Banned
Feb 10, 2019
27 posts
40 upvotes
Every Dyson thread some people come in to constantly cry that the units aren’t great.

Yet most clearly differ and Dyson CS is top notch,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)