Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Dyson Official Outlet on eBay - Refurbished V6B ($239.99) with Free Accessory Kit ($101.6 value)

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2017 1:05 pm
Sep 28, 2004
814 posts
50 upvotes
throwawayRFD wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:53 pm
Earlier post from OP states that he got 2 years when he registered his refurb unit. So maybe a total of three years with credit card extended warranty perk? Unless of course refurb items are excluded from the extended warranty perk of the credit card used for the purchase.

I checked mine and looks like refurb units are not exluded.
Earlier poster is probably wrong about their warranty. In the past, even though the site might show two years when registering, people have doing that customer service says it is only one year on refurbs.

Afaik, credit cards do not extend warranty on refurbished items.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
1922 posts
10694 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
I bought the Costco one before.

It lasts 10-15 minutes per 30 minutes chargé.

You cannot use it while charging

Is this better? With1 year warranty or 5 years ?
Sep 28, 2004
814 posts
50 upvotes
Ralcog wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:13 pm
Wireless vacuums seem like a bad idea long term. My last vacuum lasted 10 years. Batteries in cellphones, laptops, UPS's show reduced capacity after a 2-3 years, and get worse each year. I dont want to get to year 5 and have to hunt around on e-bay for an after market that I have to install myself.

23W regular suction and 100W on boost is pretty weak for a main vacuum. Most top ones offer 180-230W of suction.

Seems more marketing than actual deal, but feel free to correct me.
If you want a cordless that can try to compete with a corded vac then the Dyson's are pretty much your best option. In the world of vacuums overall, they aren't as good as their marketing. Corded and bagged units are typically the best performers (central vac aside).
Jan 22, 2017
18 posts
3 upvotes
samj1 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 6:24 pm
Earlier poster is probably wrong about their warranty. In the past, even though the site might show two years when registering, people have doing that customer service says it is only one year on refurbs.

Afaik, credit cards do not extend warranty on refurbished items.
Noted. Thanks.
Dec 30, 2011
6 posts
SURREY
I don't think this is the same one Costco sells. The one at Costco has the extra small motorized tool.
Sep 28, 2004
814 posts
50 upvotes
Annie218 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:42 pm
I don't think this is the same one Costco sells. The one at Costco has the extra small motorized tool.
Oh yes, you are correct.

In a previous post about the Dyson refurbs some people were getting the mini motorized tool even though it wasn't listed as being included.
Dec 2, 2012
255 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
how does this work with pet hair? i got like 10 cats, thanks
Sep 18, 2015
16 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
bought this exact same refurb one without the extra kit from this seller a year ago.
I can say it is a very convenient vacuum, because it's light and cordless.
I have a DC34 canister and this one, I usually use the V6 once a week and the DC34 once a month.
The quality is good and still going strong after a year, I'll probably pull the trigger on this one and keep the kit while giving the V6B to my parents. Thanks OP!
Oct 16, 2005
55 posts
18 upvotes
samj1 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:11 pm

Question: Anyone try the soft roller brush head for barefloors?
I posted below message from the previous Dyson sales on eBay:

Little sharing from my personal experience. I see people are trying to compare the Dyson cordless vacuums, DC35 vs V6 or V8 vs V6. I can simply answer that the suction power in NORMAL mode among all 3 models head units are about the same.

I do not have a DC35 but I have seen many comparison video between DC35 and V6 give similar results. However, battery life on the V6 runs longer. Also, when V6 attached to the newer direct drive motorhead or the soft roller head, it becomes a different animal, the suction power is significantly increased, it picks up more high pile dirt and larger particular where the older direct drive motorhead just push them around. Hint, the newer cleaning head only available for the V6 model, not compatible with DC35. Note that V6B refurbished come with the older motorhead.

When comparing both of my V6 and V8, they both have similar suction power in NORMAL or MAX mode. However, the V8 is a lot quieter, longer operating time, a lot easier to clear its canister, and environmental friendly with the hepa filter (V6 absolute and V6 mattress also have it).

In short, different cleaning head differentiate the suction power among all 3 models.

If you can justify the price for your need, the V8h is definitely a good buy since the soft roller head alone worth 1/3 of the current ebay list price and it's the best for cleaning and hard or hard floor.
Happy Cleaning!

My current collection
Images
Last edited by waio on May 20th, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2016
41 posts
5 upvotes
Dyson vaccums are awsm , and there customer service is awsm also. My v6 animal was having some issues, they dont have v6 animal in stock that time, they sent me v8 absolute . I m luving it, v6b is good too. Only difference between v6 and v8 is battery backup, v8 battery backup is 25 mins whereas v6 is 15 mins. But v6 is much cheaper, very good deal i both the same 2 years ago for 300 from same dyson ebay bit without accessories
Dec 2, 2012
255 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
so i have a hoover linx, worth it to upgrade? pet hair is my main concern and yes i live in a condo.

Thanks
Jul 9, 2006
767 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
The Dyson outlet was selling this for $209 in May, 2016. But perhaps the extra $20 for the accessory kit makes it worthwhile.
Jul 9, 2006
767 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Ok, I pulled the trigger. Our current cordless vac battery is dead (a small handheld Shark and the battery isn't replaceable). The stick vacuum is going to be much more convenient to use and should have enough battery power for our small kitchen and dining area (hardwood and low pile carpet).

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3731 posts
149 upvotes
Will the motorized head scratch hardwood floor? I see they make a motorized head specifically for hardwood but that isn't what comes with this vacuum.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel