• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 1:27 am
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
137 posts
632 upvotes
yoshi838 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 5:11 pm
Silly question, does the V8B come with the extension wand and the brush head?

Looking at just the pictures, I'd expect they are included, but the description may suggest otherwise.
V6b comes with a crevice tool, brush head, and mounting stand.
Nov 7, 2013
630 posts
299 upvotes
Montreal
bought this item recently from the same ebay seller , here my review:
you will get the complete package ( original box, instrucutions and all accessories ) the seller is very professional and respond to any request really quick! it's a business since when i contacted them they redirected my question to customer service team.

the vaccum comes with 1y waranty, listed as REF. but looks like it has never been used, no dent or scratch and the brush that normally show sign of use when used is brand new, same thing for the filter.

the charge time is about 2 hours and is good for 15 or 20 min, so i recommend this vacuum for fast and light home cleanup.
if you have a carpet , do not buy, the max option will just brain your charge.

hope this help.
Deal Hunter :twisted:
RFD has taught me to save money. but it has also taught me to spend money.
Jul 26, 2017
150 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:02 am
While the discount is decent considering Dyson and comparing to regular retail price, just a note that there were some complaints in prior threads about the condition of some of the vacuums people received. Dyson may be the Apple of vacuum cleaners, but their refurbishment process is nowhere even close to Apple's. People received vacuums with scuffs, dirt/dust still in the vacuum, etc. Don't know how easy it would be to exchange it if you wound up drawing the short straw here.
thanks for the tips. That's why i'm scared to buy refurbished items.
Jun 3, 2007
302 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Just received my V8H today (ordered morning/noon on the 18th). Pleasantly surprised that they included the crevice and brush tool (it seemed from the ebay description that there would be "no other accessories" other than the two heads) but according to a letter enclosed, it comes w/ the "standard onboard tools which attach to the cord-free vacuum".

Went on a tear cleaning my hovel, and was again surprised at a) how quiet the thing is (my wife was like "that sounds weak"), and b) how long it lasted - it cleaned about 1800 sqft of mostly hardwood and tile (ie about 2 floors of my home). Suction was good, had to empty the cup prob 4 times, but didn't like the fact that both heads would cut out quite frequently (especially moving the head laterally).

Overall, fairly pleased. Op thanked!

ps. Weird issue - tried to register but it says my serial is invalid. Kinda don't want to call in (ensuring I only get 1 yr warrantee rather than the 2 most people seem to be getting), so I'll wait a bit and see if it updates... Anyone get a similar issue?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5043 posts
180 upvotes
Someone might have registered the same unit before you. I had a similar issue before, but turns out I registered the same unit under a different email address and I tried to register again.
Yzord wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 1:48 pm
Just received my V8H today (ordered morning/noon on the 18th). Pleasantly surprised that they included the crevice and brush tool (it seemed from the ebay description that there would be "no other accessories" other than the two heads) but according to a letter enclosed, it comes w/ the "standard onboard tools which attach to the cord-free vacuum".

Went on a tear cleaning my hovel, and was again surprised at a) how quiet the thing is (my wife was like "that sounds weak"), and b) how long it lasted - it cleaned about 1800 sqft of mostly hardwood and tile (ie about 2 floors of my home). Suction was good, had to empty the cup prob 4 times, but didn't like the fact that both heads would cut out quite frequently (especially moving the head laterally).

Overall, fairly pleased. Op thanked!

ps. Weird issue - tried to register but it says my serial is invalid. Kinda don't want to call in (ensuring I only get 1 yr warrantee rather than the 2 most people seem to be getting), so I'll wait a bit and see if it updates... Anyone get a similar issue?
Nov 3, 2013
3 posts
Brought the V6B from Dyson.ca same price as ebay. used Ebates.ca to save another 5%.
Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1002 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone know if this is regular pricing on the eBay store? Or is it limited time only?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5043 posts
180 upvotes
zyphere wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 9:16 pm
Does anyone know if this is regular pricing on the eBay store? Or is it limited time only?
The $75 off the V8B and V8H should be limited time only. But it doesn't mean it will not come on sale again few weeks/months in the future. I bought a V8B in this sale.
Jan 12, 2017
249 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
do they ever have air purifier or humidifier?
Feb 25, 2005
138 posts
10 upvotes
Dyson is not the Apple, they are the android...Dyson are the best vacuums..Apple has the best marketing, but they are not the best product.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2413 posts
554 upvotes
Montreal
Which one is the best for carpets?
Not buying something on sale is not a crime.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1524 posts
168 upvotes
bought the v8 absolute during the last eBay sale. the thing is amazing. the brush head handles carpets well and the hardwood head is perfect for my bare floors. I can generally do my house twice before having to recharge it. I use it on max to clean my car. I barely get done, depending on how dirty it is.
Mar 21, 2005
84 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP! Was looking to getting a new cordless upright to replace my Electrolux from Costco that no longer suctions as well (poor battery charge). Also bought the AM09 hot+cool fan for one of our bedrooms that's cold during the winter months.
Aug 29, 2017
10 posts
9 upvotes
Been waiting for a good deal on a Miele model with an electric powerhead for quite a few months...
This Dyson V8 deal is very tempting... the cordless factor will probably make it easier to clean more frequently... so might end up having a cleaner home with the Dyson due to that. Only hesitating due to "no returns" and possibly receiving a unit that more seems like a "used" model rather than "refurbished".

Anyways, thanks OP!