• Nov 20th, 2017 10:57 pm
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
176 posts
681 upvotes
AlexJosh wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 9:20 am
Which one is the best for carpets?
If you have a decent size house, I would go for an upright like DC66. If you are looking for a cordless go with V8H because of the 40 min battery time and the soft roller head for hardwood floors.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9498 posts
1315 upvotes
Curious, what do you like about your V6? I have a V6b, it is okay but only good for spot cleaning on carpet. Yes, definitely final sale as I couldn't return mine lol.
DYJ wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:42 am
Most people can't go back after using a Dyson (I certainly is one of them). I tested the V8 and it is truly impressive. But since I already have the V6 from earlier this year, I can't upgrade just yet haha.

Just a heads up, the ebay store is final sale so don't fat finger your order! :-D
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1652 posts
496 upvotes
Don't have carpets at all, no animals, would the DC35 be a good choice? Mostly for picking up human hair, food? Just looking for something convenient - wireless and mobile.

Also, do the refurb ones come with new batteries?
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
176 posts
681 upvotes
djredhat wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 3:48 pm
Don't have carpets at all, no animals, would the DC35 be a good choice? Mostly for picking up human hair, food? Just looking for something convenient - wireless and mobile.

Also, do the refurb ones come with new batteries?
DC35 is a good choice for the price but the run time is about 15 mins.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1504 posts
78 upvotes
82 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 2:54 pm
Curious, what do you like about your V6? I have a V6b, it is okay but only good for spot cleaning on carpet. Yes, definitely final sale as I couldn't return mine lol.
I primarily use mine around the kitchen and living room when the kids drop food all over the place. Also when they snack in the car, couch lol. Pretty much kids. I got my mom the V6B and she says it’s better than her old 12Amp stand ups lol.

Are you not liking yours?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8786 posts
2834 upvotes
Oil Country
Got mine in the mail today. Just opened it and notice the pipe is dinged up. There's a massive dent in one end and marks all over the place.

As per their auction listing:
What do we mean by refurbished?

This machine has had minimal prior use, either for demonstration or display purposes, or on the rare occasion when someone has changed their mind and returned their machine to us after slight use. The product is completely refurbished and thoroughly tested at the Dyson warehouse by qualified Dyson staff.
Note: We cannot guarantee a particular colour. All sales are final.
Based on that, my unit does not look like it was used a minimal amount prior to me receiving it. I'll be calling their customer support for an exchange.

The Dyson cannister vacuum I currently use was also a refurb, and that was near mint condition when I received it.
RFD mods keep changing my signature, and I'm not doing anything malicious. I guess we're not free to speak our minds or share whatever we want.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9498 posts
1315 upvotes
I got the V6B from ebay too, it's alright as a stick Vac for spot cleaning but I prefer a cordless sweeper for that purpose, would return if this wasn't a final sale.
DYJ wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 12:34 am
I primarily use mine around the kitchen and living room when the kids drop food all over the place. Also when they snack in the car, couch lol. Pretty much kids. I got my mom the V6B and she says it’s better than her old 12Amp stand ups lol.

Are you not liking yours?
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
176 posts
681 upvotes
Received the V8H today. Small dent on the machine and minor scratches on the floor head. Some dust was in the canister but overall I am happy with the purchase.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1504 posts
78 upvotes
82 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:52 am
I got the V6B from ebay too, it's alright as a stick Vac for spot cleaning but I prefer a cordless sweeper for that purpose, would return if this wasn't a final sale.
If you didn't register the machine you can probably sell it to one of the members here (They can register for the full 1 yr warranty). Dyson unfortunately do not transfer warranties so if you registered...and then sold, that warranty gets void.
Jan 8, 2006
709 posts
132 upvotes
82 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:52 am
Did you pay the $239 price or did you get in on the past deal for $199? I might be interested in buying it from you for the lower price if the refurb condition is decent enough.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2420 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jamex wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 2:31 pm
Did you pay the $239 price or did you get in on the past deal for $199? I might be interested in buying it from you for the lower price if the refurb condition is decent enough.
Can I travel back in time and get the 199 new past deal?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Jan 8, 2006
709 posts
132 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 2:49 pm
Can I travel back in time and get the 199 new past deal?
unsure what type of post you intended. no you cannot go back in time to get any deals. does that mean that the person with buyers remorse who can't return to the store wouldn't want to sell at his purchase price simply to get his\her investment back?
Nov 6, 2009
41 posts
28 upvotes
Received my V8H today in great condition. Pretty happy about that!

I noticed that there is no Mini motorized tool in the box. Also missing is the Mini soft dusting brush. They both come with the V8 absolute. Did any of you receive those tools? Do you think I may get them shipped to me if I contact the ebay seller?

Was looking forward to using the mini motorized tool for the stairs. I can attach the big carpet head but it's kind of bulky.

Thanks