Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

eBay List 5 items for $1!

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2019 9:29 pm
Apr 16, 2019
7 posts
45 upvotes

[eBay.ca] eBay List 5 items for $1!

This weekend April 27th - 28th you can list up to 5 items for only $1 final value fee. Terms below:

What is the Promotion?

Sellers ("Sellers") who activate the offer, and pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, list during the Promotion Period, will pay
(i) zero insertion fee
(ii) a final value fee capped at $1 per item;
(iii) a final value fee capped at $1 on shipping,
for the first 5 items created; and “(iii) a final value fee capped at $1 on shipping if shipping cost is charged (“Promotion”).

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to Canadian sellers who:
(i) activated the Promotion;
(ii) meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards.
Please sign in to My eBay and view your seller dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on April 27, 2019, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second),
and will end on April 28, 2019 at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca (the "Promotion Period").
75 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
amazing! thanks op
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC
Just saw this by receiving a sale email... and it was hiding under my offers.

Hey eBay... maybe you wanna advertise this in the future like you did for the last few times? :)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1164 posts
479 upvotes
Quebec
I was trying Last years to sell one first item on eBay with a promo like this and only bad experience.. I have Got a bad new buyer with all the wrong information , lose money, anyway.. Probably just a bad experiences but do not really want to try again in near future
Max
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9524 posts
12502 upvotes
Don't forget to send your existing items (if you have any) and then relist using "sell similar".

Also... If you have existing items that are set on "good till cancelled", do not activate this offer until your ready to list. If it just so happens you have items that are expiring soon, they will take up one of your 5 items if it happens to roll over during this promotional time period

Sold a $2800 item last time this happened about a month and half ago. Awesome
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC
If you haven't sold since March pay attention to the Listing Length for your Fixed Price listings when you create your listing. By default now, your listing will be set to Good Til Cancelled. This means that if after 30 days, your $1 Listing has NOT sold, it may rollover and take one of your free 50 monthly listings. Not a big deal if you don't use 50 listings in a month, but something to be aware of. While creating your listing, you can simply choose 30 days from the dropdown.

This change to GTC was mentioned in the Spring Seller Update here: https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/new ... index.html

Also if you want to read the RFD eBay Selling weekend March thread, here it is:
sell-1-weekend-march-9-10-2269221
Last edited by chaingunsofdoom on Apr 27th, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
Listed a couple bigger items last time this promo was around, one sold and paid the $1 + other fees.

The others went to my unsold listings.

Question is, canI repost the ones that went dormant and get this promo? (*activated it now prior to listing)

Or will it be excluded because of this term/condition:

“The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Period.”

Don’t want to create a whole new listing if I don’t have to... TIA
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Finally, was getting tired of bumping my Oculus Go post.
Thanks for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC
canuckcolehead wrote: Question is, can I repost the ones that went dormant and get this promo? (*activated it now prior to listing)
As mentioned by Wizard1, go under your unsold item and then choose "sell similar". All of your old info and images will carry-over into a new listing. Then just double-check that everything looks OK before actually listing it. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
canuckcolehead wrote: Listed a couple bigger items last time this promo was around, one sold and paid the $1 + other fees.

The others went to my unsold listings.

Question is, canI repost the ones that went dormant and get this promo? (*activated it now prior to listing)

Or will it be excluded because of this term/condition:

“The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Period.”

Don’t want to create a whole new listing if I don’t have to... TIA
last time i have relisted an unsold item ( cause i had no time to make a new listing ) got charged final fees, chat with ebay , they give me final fees back,
ebay trying to draw a new positive image , they wont charge you.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Oct 16, 2017
397 posts
1218 upvotes
Bessem wrote: last time i have relisted an unsold item ( cause i had no time to make a new listing ) got charged final fees, chat with ebay , they give me final fees back,
ebay trying to draw a new positive image , they wont charge you.
how did you chat?
online or phone?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1148 posts
232 upvotes
PACIFIC
Guess many RFDers still use eBay as a seller. With the high fees (~13% eBay + PayPal fees, IIRC) + shipping cost, is it still worth it?
Last time I sold a ~ $650 (if it's brand new) lens on eBay, after fees + shipping, I ended up with about $200 lol. I used it for less than a year, and it's in a like new condition too; it's a Tamron.

Remembering trying to sell a Mac which had an avg selling price of 900 on eBay (less after fees + shipping cost); was able to sell it locally for a grand. Guess it depends on what you sell, and if you're willing/have time to wait for the right buyers to come along locally.
Mar 7, 2011
743 posts
411 upvotes
Vernon
i nerver sell on ebay (fees) but i love this promo, last time i sold everything and got around $800.
hopefully this time around will be just as good.
thanks op!
RFD Aquarium forum come join us =)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2748 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Never sold on EBay before but interested in trying it out to move some items, can someone provide previous experience with this promotion regarding shipping and fees? (maybe how much higher to price the items to offset the extra costs)

Anyone had any bad experience where buyers claim stuff is broken, fake etc? (I've been told that PP sides with buyers 99.9%).

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Love these. I don't sell too much, so it's perfect... and I can lower my prices and take off the OBO... And get rid of all those goddamn lowballers for a little while.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
OutsideYourWorld wrote: Love these. I don't sell too much, so it's perfect... and I can lower my prices and take off the OBO... And get rid of all those goddamn lowballers for a little while.
Even without the OBO, always some desperate folks who message lowballs anyway. Like c'mon, if I wanted that I'd sell on kijiji.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Angultra wrote: Even without the OBO, always some desperate folks who message lowballs anyway. Like c'mon, if I wanted that I'd sell on kijiji.
Haha, no way. I also like eBay because you can ussssually avoid people for the most part. Get money, send package. The local buy and sell has really lessened my faith in humanity. Amazing how many people out there are just... Kinda shitty.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Aug 18, 2018
119 posts
71 upvotes
Some stuff is better to sell on eBay but I use chit chat to ship as it's super cheap to the us and the us dollar is so good it's worth it
But I use eBay.com
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Ebay + paypal fees = 10-20%

Paypal sometimes freezes your account for 180 days for nothing. If you sell long enough you will get scammed by a buyer and ebay will side with them. AND MORE !

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
GroundBus wrote: how did you chat?
online or phone?
Phone

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)