Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] eBay: MacBook Pro 15" (June 2017, 256GB/512GB) - $2599/$2999

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 11:52 pm
May 27, 2011
486 posts
279 upvotes
Yea i just got it. Its brand new, sealed. I ran the serial and it asked me to verify purchase date etc.. It looks like the warranty is good till sept 5 next year. Im gonna buy applecare for it tommorow. Here are some pics.

Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations! The specs look good. Do you have a pic of the laptop or box you received?
May 27, 2011
486 posts
279 upvotes
llchxjtu wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:55 pm
Congratulations! The specs look good. Do you have a pic of the laptop or box you received?
Yea heres some more pics.

Works perfectly. Thanks again OP.
Nov 23, 2014
11 posts
Edmonton, AB
Nice!! Will buy the 512 GB one. Enjoy your new machineSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 19, 2008
8 posts
Montreal
Alright. Just made the purchase. Thanks for convincing me to pull the trigger!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1968 posts
432 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SuperStarDynex wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 8:44 am
Also the big thing tou guys dont understand is that all apple products have incredible resale value. They already are a fantastic product in terms of design and build quality but the resale value is the icing on the cake. For these reasons alone i dont mind dropping 3k on an apple laptop
This will not last forever. I bought a MBP buying into the hype but it's so incredibly user unfriendly if you know what you're doing with a computer. It's literally made for the computer illiterate and it's bothered me for two years now. Luckily, there plenty more sheep to buy this because as you say, the resale value is quite good. Can't wait to get rid of this!
Nov 3, 2006
178 posts
15 upvotes
SuperStarDynex wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:37 pm
Yea i just got it. Its brand new, sealed. I ran the serial and it asked me to verify purchase date etc.. It looks like the warranty is good till sept 5 next year. Im gonna buy applecare for it tommorow. Here are some pics.
You picked September 5th (6th?) as your purchase date, right? Why not choose the day you start using the computer, for a full one year warranty (not that a month makes a big difference)
Aug 29, 2009
433 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
iamthat wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 4:32 pm
I bought a brand new sealed (which I opened and tested before buying) 2017 Macbook Pro 15 - MPTT2LL for $3000 on kijiji - I don't know how they procure these.
Same, I got a 2017 TB MBP 13" 512gb for $2275 on kijiji. Specs checked out and the serial number was good.
May 27, 2011
486 posts
279 upvotes
dinostars wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:57 pm
You picked September 5th (6th?) as your purchase date, right? Why not choose the day you start using the computer, for a full one year warranty (not that a month makes a big difference)
Nah man I picked october 1st. But it defaulted the warranty start date to September 5th.
May 27, 2011
486 posts
279 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:47 pm
This will not last forever. I bought a MBP buying into the hype but it's so incredibly user unfriendly if you know what you're doing with a computer. It's literally made for the computer illiterate and it's bothered me for two years now. Luckily, there plenty more sheep to buy this because as you say, the resale value is quite good. Can't wait to get rid of this!
I dont know what you're talking about. I do alot of programming and i love it. I run all my windows/ linux apps through vms and I use OSX all the time. I absolutely love the integration with my IOS devices as well. The imessage app, Handoff (use an application on any ios device and resume operation on the macbook), I can make calls on my macbook through my iphone. I also love icloud as well. It syncs all my files with my devices and makes navigating them very simple. Theres so much more that i havent mentioned.

Honestly 5 years ago i would have never seen myself using IOS/OSX but god damn, apple has really won me over with their products. Everything else just pales in comparison.
Sep 9, 2005
926 posts
53 upvotes
GTA
Did anyone buying the macbook from this ebay seller (maccashking) get the receipt from the seller? Black Question Mark Ornament
I did Not get one and I know one other person didn't get either. Neutral Face

FYI, I have contacted the seller to get my receipt. Let's see. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1968 posts
432 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SuperStarDynex wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:35 am
I dont know what you're talking about. I do alot of programming and i love it. I run all my windows/ linux apps through vms and I use OSX all the time. I absolutely love the integration with my IOS devices as well. The imessage app, Handoff (use an application on any ios device and resume operation on the macbook), I can make calls on my macbook through my iphone. I also love icloud as well. It syncs all my files with my devices and makes navigating them very simple. Theres so much more that i havent mentioned.

Honestly 5 years ago i would have never seen myself using IOS/OSX but god damn, apple has really won me over with their products. Everything else just pales in comparison.
You program and you like macs?! That's so weird. You're an anomaly.

Macs are overpriced for what you get, especially hardware. Software is decent but there's much better products on the market in every category (word processing, photo editing, video editing, DJing, music prodution, etc.)

I hate the integration with IOS devices. So much easier to just drag and drop exactly what you want rather than sync. Have you ever tried sharing music with someone else's computer? It's a nightmare. I've also heard of people losing entire libraries through unwanted syncs.

You can also use your Android phone from any computer (calls, texts, apps, etc.) except you have the option of using many different apps for this rather than Apple's one.

Navigating with Apple is a pain compared to Windows. I'm basically relegated to using the (shitty) search function in OSx.

I hate icloud and never signed up for it yet every time I boot up, it asks me to manage my space and I can't turn it off.

I've had mine for 3 years and am going to sell it once I have enough money saved to buy a PC. And I'm never going to look back.