[eBay.ca] Kobo Arc 7HD - 29.99 Kobo 10HD 59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 12:25 am
Jul 5, 2005
149 posts
175 upvotes
baumann93 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:24 pm
I installed netflix on unmodified 10HD with no issues.
i modded the 10hd and can't install netflix either. The app icon shows up in the play store, but after i install it, it turned out to be a different app...guide for nextflix or something like that.

any help?
May 6, 2015
269 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
pinkyring wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 2:50 pm
i modded the 10hd and can't install netflix either. The app icon shows up in the play store, but after i install it, it turned out to be a different app...guide for nextflix or something like that.

any help?
Here's everything you need to know about modding it (including the netflix fix - step 7 under Get the right files):

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay-can ... #p28228168
Jul 5, 2005
149 posts
175 upvotes
azdinflash wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 10:22 pm
Here's everything you need to know about modding it (including the netflix fix - step 7 under Get the right files):

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay-can ... #p28228168
Yeah I did step 7 and added the drm zip file too when I modded the kobo. Netflix works but I had to sideload the apk. I'm just not sure why the app doesn't show directly in the play store and if others here have the same problem.
May 6, 2015
269 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
pinkyring wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 8:47 am
Yeah I did step 7 and added the drm zip file too when I modded the kobo. Netflix works but I had to sideload the apk. I'm just not sure why the app doesn't show directly in the play store and if others here have the same problem.
I believe because it's Jellybean, and so not compatible.

Someone made a build.prop hack that you can use to remove the restrictions in the playstore, but I do have a question for you...

How's your volume? If I am holding it, it's much quieter than my Samsung Tab 7, as the speakers are on the back. Is mine just defective or do you have the same issue?
Jul 5, 2005
149 posts
175 upvotes
I added the new build.prop to the rom too, and it really did solve a lot of the incompatibility issues with the play store, but it's just something about Netflix. It did also check the settings in the play store, and it shows the kobo as unverified...maybe that's the problem. Too bad the new build.prop didn't fix that. Other than that, the 5.1.1 rom works great.

Volume seems to be a bit better than stock rom, but still lower than other tablets. One thing to try is to go into settings>profiles>sound and boost the volume from 11/15 to 15/15. I don't know if it helps or not, but I did it anyways.
Sep 2, 2009
27 posts
6 upvotes
Duncan
I bought 2 Arc 7 HD in the hope that I could use them as tablets, but it's becoming exceedingly difficult to so. The Play Store will not run anymore on both devices, I guess after some automatic update of sorts, and the instructions to upgrade to a higher Android version require more knowledge of Windows and Android tweaking than I am prepared to learn about. Physically they work fine and seem flawless, batteries hold their charge for a couple of days when in standby, but practically the use is now very limited. If anyone knows how to get the play store to work again, I'd be much obliged. Otherwise they'll be sold.