[eBay.ca] Lenovo Smart Tab M10, 10.1” FHD, 450, 3.0GB, 32GB - $189.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 4:52 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2016
219 posts
817 upvotes

[eBay.ca] Lenovo Smart Tab M10, 10.1” FHD, 450, 3.0GB, 32GB - $189.99

Not a bad price for a M10. Being sold by Lenovo on EBAY.

Description: Stream music from Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, or iHeartRadio. Ask for your favourite movies and TV shows. All quickly, easily, and hands‑free. Whatever you ask Alexa to play, you’ll enjoy a room full of clear, clean sound from your Smart Dock. Tuned by Dolby® for clarity and power, the Lenovo Smart Dock's pair of powerful speakers deliver rich, pure sound, front and back. With room‑filling audio that will engulf any space in your home, you can enjoy your favourite beats and videos—even from afar. With compatible smart home devices like Ecobee, Philips Hue, Lenovo Link, and WeMo, see who’s at the front door, turn off the lights, adjust the room temperature, and more—without leaving your chair. All you need to do is ask Alexa. Make hands-free video and audio calls with your friends and family to the Alexa app and other Echo devices. Make a quick announcement throughout your home with connected Alexa devices. With Alexa built in, it’s easy to check the weather, see the news, set a timer, or get an answer to a burning question. Three far‑field microphones pick up your voice, enabling you to enjoy hands‑free help, anytime. Undock your tablet and take it everywhere you go. Primed for entertainment, it boasts a 10" FHD display and booming Dolby Atmos® sound. No thicker nor heavier than a glossy magazine, this stylish device is the perfect travel companion. Share your tablet with the family. With dedicated user profiles, everything’s saved and managed separately. So everyone can enjoy their own apps, wallpapers, settings, and files. Plus, with the built‑in Kids Mode supported by KIDOZ, your young ones can watch safe, curated, preloaded content—and you enjoy peace of mind.

Link: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-Smart-Ta ... 3408264316
Price: 189.99 + Tax, Free Shipping

Review:

Specs:

Processor - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 450 Processor (1.80GHz)
Operating System - Android Oreo
Display Type - 10.1” FHD (1920 x 1200) LCD IPS
Memory - 3.0 GB
Hard Drive - 32 GB
Warranty - One year
54 replies
Dec 17, 2017
808 posts
849 upvotes
damn $189 for a FHD tablet PLUS a Dolby Atmos sound dock? Sign me up for 1 (for my mom). Replacing her 1 million year old Nexus 7 tablet. Thx OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3328 posts
755 upvotes
How does this compare to the 2019 Fire tablet 10?
Jul 14, 2008
827 posts
942 upvotes
Montreal
This device truly boggles my mind. How is it that when its in tablet mode you are on android and will have full use of the Google Assistant and when you dock it, it becomes ALEXA? Why can't we just have Google Assistant, or at least have the choice of our digital assistant?

My guess is that Amazon subsidizes these devices by getting Alexa installed on it...
Nov 8, 2008
406 posts
435 upvotes
Thought about it for the kitchen - it's a nice screen and the speaker dock is a nice bonus at this price point.

However, it seems the tablet and dock are paired via Bluetooth, and that the connection can be pretty inconsistent/buggy. If it had Google Assistant when docked I might've jumped but the decision for me is a no.
Jun 5, 2012
165 posts
176 upvotes
NEPEAN
HailHydra wrote: damn $189 for a FHD tablet PLUS a Dolby Atmos sound dock? Sign me up for 1 (for my mom). Replacing her 1 million year old Nexus 7 tablet. Thx OP!
Had to respond to this. I STILL use my Nexus 7 tablet..and I still wish they continued making them as they were awesome, but alas its too slow now and it does need replacing. Just wish I could find another 7 " with a good price range (yes, no iPad mini) and almost stock android. Might have to bite the bullet for this.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2992 posts
4882 upvotes
Laval
Upon checking on Lenovo's Android Upgrade Matrix, Lenovo Tab M10 tablet already completed its last/final Android OS upgrade, which is Android 9.0 or Android Pie that was released last August, 2019.

With this, it means that the device itself will no longer receive or get any OS upgrade(s) like Android 10 in the future and might only get OS security updates instead.

You may also click on this link to see the steps/methods on how you can update your device.

Hope this helps you out and answers all of your concern.

Thanks again!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-And ... rue#M44337
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes
How fast/slow is it ?
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
Feb 10, 2014
955 posts
929 upvotes
Toronto
The only thing that makes this interesting to me, compared to the Fire 10 HD mainly, is the dock.
Dec 17, 2017
808 posts
849 upvotes
Velvetsmack wrote: Had to respond to this. I STILL use my Nexus 7 tablet..and I still wish they continued making them as they were awesome, but alas its too slow now and it does need replacing. Just wish I could find another 7 " with a good price range (yes, no iPad mini) and almost stock android. Might have to bite the bullet for this.
As do my mom. She still uses it but it really is too slow... sadly. Everything else works. I even tried a more lightweight ROM on it but to no avail.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3270 posts
3674 upvotes
Apparently there are 2GB, 3GB and 4GB versions (RAM).

the price tag associated with 4GB is $294 (see link below), so i would say the $190 here is warm at best as it is the 3GB version.

hot if $150

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/android-tablets/lenovo-tab-series/Tab-P10/p/ZA440189CA
Bitcoin will crash hard.