Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] [Newegg] Avera 49EQX10 49-Inch 2160p 4K LED Television $300

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2017 10:33 pm
Jan 21, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Nanaimo
If you're thinking of buying this you're going to want to make sure it's compliant with h d c p 2.2. If it's not it will display images from things like the PS4 pro in 1080P.
Nov 16, 2015
351 posts
279 upvotes
t.drizl
aasoror wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 10:35 pm
Nope its not. The 55" was falsely advertised to be one and when people started wondering they were told that HDR is going to be enabled via a "future" firmware update, they have taken down that part of the advertisement since then and that promised firmware update never came out.
Could you please post links, I wasn't there for any of that and would greatly appreciate it!
OP in the other thread said it show hdr on box... Might be enabled via secret menu? If confirm hdr I'd buy this
It was conjectured that going to Menu > Setup > Other Settings > HDMI 4K and changing the value to 'Enhanced' enabled HDR. I did it, I have no idea if it's true, I have no idea how to test. Is this something that would come up in xrandr output? Tell me how and I will gladly test.
How well does this TV adapt to being used as a computer monitor? Considering picking this up to be used as one...
I'm extremely happy with the 49s after calibrating, I won't have the 55s until tomorrow or the day after and will let you know then. But I was pretty happy with 39" seikis that were much crappier for years and I am not a gamer so probably the worst person to get an opinion on that kind of thing from.

I'm attaching photos from the boxes, boxes can lie. Manual is terse.
Please excuse my son, he's artistic.
Dec 27, 2007
12504 posts
4499 upvotes
Kitchener
pwntiac wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:20 am
Could you please post links, I wasn't there for any of that and would greatly appreciate it!
First review on newegg mentions the claimed update : https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6889651007
another reviewer reported failur with ps4pro and one on slick deals reported failur on xbone (fact is even the couple of reviews that mentions the 4K enhancement switch doesn't verify that actually allow the TV to process HDR input).
It was conjectured that going to Menu > Setup > Other Settings > HDMI 4K and changing the value to 'Enhanced' enabled HDR. I did it, I have no idea if it's true, I have no idea how to test. Is this something that would come up in xrandr output? Tell me how and I will gladly test.
If you have an HDR capable output device (xbone, ps4pro, mibox, shield, roku ..) it will indicate if HDR capable display is attached and will stream HDR content if available.
I'm attaching photos from the boxes, boxes can lie. Manual is terse.
Can you go to system info option in service menu and check the panel type ? this will tell you whether HDR input (assuming it can be accepted) can actually be displayed or not.
Jan 12, 2017
561 posts
71 upvotes
Kevyd268 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:55 pm
If you're thinking of buying this you're going to want to make sure it's compliant with h d c p 2.2. If it's not it will display images from things like the PS4 pro in 1080P.
Nice can someone plz verify this or not... I only getting a cheap 4k hdr tv mainly for Ps4 pro... Thx
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Dec 27, 2012
823 posts
260 upvotes
Burnaby
Remember HDR "processing" just means it will display an HDR enabled video... it won't actually come close to displaying an improved picture so its essentially a moot point whether it has HDR or not. If it did in fact have anything remotely resembling a wider than normal colour gamut and a higher than average brightness you hit the jackpot at this price, plain and simple. Samsung markets HDR Pro on there 6 an 7 series tripling this price but it doesn't actually improve anything over SDR, same goes for the Vizio M series and LG 7 series.
Nov 16, 2015
351 posts
279 upvotes
t.drizl
aasoror wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:52 am
First review on newegg mentions the claimed update : https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6889651007
another reviewer reported failur with ps4pro and one on slick deals reported failur on xbone (fact is even the couple of reviews that mentions the 4K enhancement switch doesn't verify that actually allow the TV to process HDR input).
I see said the blind man! TYVM!
If you have an HDR capable output device (xbone, ps4pro, mibox, shield, roku ..) it will indicate if HDR capable display is attached and will stream HDR content if available.
No idea. I've got an RX 480 sitting on the bench... it looks like chromecast 2nd gen 1080 isn't good enough need 4k version? Anything else is going through an active DP adapter anyway...
Can you go to system info option in service menu and check the panel type ? this will tell you whether HDR input (assuming it can be accepted) can actually be displayed or not.
PFA!
http://www.panelook.com/LSC490FJ01-W_Sa ... 27498.html

Going to go out on a limb here and say the 99% sRGB gamut and 8 bit colour mean no HDR?

But hey - Samsung panel! Howbout dat :D

OK so after a little more research it looks like it is native 8 bit but does dithering to emulate 10 bit which is of course not true hdr but is a little better than straight 8. Amirite??

Aye, 'tis not skookum as frig but 'tis better than a punch in the mouth, 'wha!
Jan 12, 2017
561 posts
71 upvotes
if this tv is infact h d c p 2.2 compliant...im gonna buy this! should be able to stream youtube 4k videos fine right? i'll use it as a 2ndary monitor...it might even make games a bit better looking on the regular ps4 as well right? 25x airmiles on ebay means we get how many AMs?
3x the base x25? whos good at math lol

532 AMs?
95 AMs = $10

im buying now cuz its gonna be OOS soon!
169 sold
Free shipping and returns
More than 92% sold
$383
that should be alot of AMs with that 25x promo right?

Thanks!
Your order was placed.
Estimated delivery: Wed, Mar 22–Tue, Apr 04
We'll send you an email confirmation soon.
View order details.

from amazon review...its NOT HDR...
Update - this TV advertises as HDR. Technically it is, but isn't. HDR10 is a precise HDR standard achieved and it doesn't seem to have an output of that level of 4k quality. If you're using devices that make use of true HDR content, this TV will not make use of that feature. Given its price, you can't be too surpised by this either...
can someone please measure how wide across the actual tv is from side to side..i wanna know if its gonna fit on my beds headrest..i think this 49inch tv is too dam big(wide) , i don't wanna wall vesa mount it...thx

looks like its too wide :( my bed headrest is only 42 inches across! god damnit!

also do i need to buy hdmi 2.0 cables?
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Dec 27, 2007
12504 posts
4499 upvotes
Kitchener
pwntiac wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:15 am
http://www.panelook.com/LSC490FJ01-W_Sa ... 27498.html

Going to go out on a limb here and say the 99% sRGB gamut and 8 bit colour mean no HDR?

But hey - Samsung panel! Howbout dat :D

OK so after a little more research it looks like it is native 8 bit but does dithering to emulate 10 bit which is of course not true hdr but is a little better than straight 8. Amirite??
Its the same panel from the 49" RCA :)
As for HDR, panel (with simulated 10 bits) "should" be able to display HDR-Color, a good indicator is whether or not the TV exposes 10-bits to a PC. Assuming it does work, this is as good as it gets, there is not enough contrast on this panel for HDR-Contrast. In resolution analogy, anything higher than 480p but less than 720p will give a better picture than 480p with HD feed but is not really HD (though it's technically HD, being higher than SD).
Dec 27, 2007
12504 posts
4499 upvotes
Kitchener
jbone14 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:53 am
If it did in fact have anything remotely resembling a wider than normal colour gamut and a higher than average brightness you hit the jackpot at this price, plain and simple.
Going by the specs posted in the manual, they seem to have circumvented the panel capabilities killing HDR-Color.

Code: Select all

Brightness (cd/m2): 200
DCR: 5500:1
Maximum colors (millions): 16.7
Nov 16, 2015
351 posts
279 upvotes
t.drizl
aasoror wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:14 am
Going by the specs posted in the manual, they seem to have circumvented the panel capabilities killing HDR-Color.
Damn those dirty apes! I guess the "enhanced" button just activates warm fuzzies mode in end user. Anyhow these are going to end up forgotten in guest bedrooms once the 55s get here. Time to tear those apart! :D

Thanks very much for sharing your wisdom on these!
Banned
Jan 8, 2017
116 posts
14 upvotes
One thing I don't like is that the legs to the tv are very cheap and they are plastic , Also the speakers suck on the tv but most people use a sound bar, so for the price it is very worth it.
Dec 27, 2007
12504 posts
4499 upvotes
Kitchener
x5yexret wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:18 am
One thing I don't like is that the legs to the tv are very cheap and they are plastic
Check: https://www.amazon.ca/DURAMEX-PLASMA-PA ... 0094ZV1R8/
or: https://www.amazon.ca/DURAMEX-PLASMA-PA ... 01LWPO9D6/
or: https://www.amazon.ca/DURAMEX-PLASMA-Br ... 0117ZPM5Y/
Dec 27, 2012
823 posts
260 upvotes
Burnaby
pwntiac wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:54 am
Damn those dirty apes! I guess the "enhanced" button just activates warm fuzzies mode in end user. Anyhow these are going to end up forgotten in guest bedrooms once the 55s get here. Time to tear those apart! :D

Thanks very much for sharing your wisdom on these!
Exactly... its really too bad that there is no hard standard in place so that companies cannot "manipulate" the average consumer looking for HDR.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel