[eBay.ca] [ONGOING SEPT 11th]Kobo Arc 7/10HD 30$/60$+7$ shipping!! [REFURB]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 5:05 am
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1284 posts
510 upvotes
Vancouver
I just sent out a PM, anyone else need the build.prop just give me a message.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
144 posts
109 upvotes
Markham
cats_on_burners wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:38 pm
Im willing to help get the build.prop. for 4.2.2 on the arc 10hd
Im not too sure how to proceed tho. Im reading on it rn.

root gives you all the privilege to modify the tablet. Like uninstall bloats apps from the tablets.
oh can i root a 7 inch too?
Dec 30, 2008
615 posts
211 upvotes
Yes, you can root the 7hd too.
Can someone please reply in this thread if they were successfully able to replace the build.prop on cm12.1.1
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
144 posts
109 upvotes
Markham
cats_on_burners wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:57 pm
Yes, you can root the 7hd too.
Can someone please reply in this thread if they were successfully able to replace the build.prop on cm12.1.1
:-) I'm currtly posting with my 7 inch doing fine! but the charge doesnt go to 100% :(

and how do I root this? just go to towelroot?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2518 posts
371 upvotes
If anyone is interested in a 7" Kobo, let me know. Decided it's not my thing. It is in brand new condition with no scratches or dents. Looks new.

PM Me. Willing to meet downtown and Richmond Hill.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3929 posts
462 upvotes
MX player is having trouble playing a 1080p torrent of Death Note. Any tips?
Nov 7, 2013
916 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
hssironman wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 8:38 am
I think I'm going to cave in and pick one up. In addition to Netflix I also hope it can run Show Box and Terrarium and Chromecast and Bell FibeTV app. If so, this will be the perfect TV/couch companion for watching and casting.

Also hoping it can run Spotify and Google Music.
Ordered on the 10HD on the 9th. Got shipping notification email on the way home from work this afternoon. Still said expected delivery of the 18-24. Happily the tablet was there when I got home.

Box was in a bubble envelope. Retail box with refurbished sticker on it. Reapplied clear sticker seals on two edges. Inside was the tablet in a plastic sleeve and a charge and a cable.

Tablet is in excellent a physical condition. And it has some heft to it. Tried to power on the tablet, but no go. Plugged it in at around 6:30pm and left it. Got back to it around 11:00pm. Powered on and fully charged.

Went through the setup. Updated some apps. Installed all the apps I wanted to (see above) and everything works works flawlessly. YouTube videos play well at 1080p. Some stuttering at 1440p. Casting and video streaming playback all work great EXCEPT Netflix does not have the download feature. Probably because it is an older version of the app; 3.xx vs current 5.5. Oh well. I also tested out playing a MKV video over OTG off a micro USB stick using VLC and it worked!

Wasn't planning on using it for web browsing or light gaming, but it can handle it to using Chrome and simple games (Candy Crush, etc).

Overall very satisfied with the 10HD. The screen is glorious. I'm not planning to root or anything. Just sticking with stock OS.

I think I'm gonna pick up a few more for the family.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
144 posts
109 upvotes
Markham
just played 1440p youtube on the 10 inch like 0 lag and super clear highly recommend!!
Jul 4, 2017
4 posts
How does the 10HD compare to a LG gpad III 8.0. I am able to pick up an used LG for $100. Can't decide which.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2004
1032 posts
22 upvotes
Anyone know if the performance of this thing would be an improvement over a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 (2011) ?

Main use would be for cbr and cbz comics.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

thewolverine