Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] [ONGOING SEPT 11th]Kobo Arc 7/10HD 30$/60$+7$ shipping!! [REFURB]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 11:11 pm
Sep 7, 2011
75 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
just received arc 10. it came with 0% battery but condition is like new. after charging for about one hour, it did some update and it's running very well. very pleased with the screen. well worth $75 (60 + 7 + tax).. great to play bloons td5 and clash royal! i am having a bit of issue on scrolling. it keeps clicking.. overall it's great for what i paid! thanks op.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10476 posts
3793 upvotes
I contacted the seller yesterday but I still have not heard back. One of my tablets is defective. Hopefully they are good about it. I'm hoping they will send me a replacement.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
1814 posts
232 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:30 am
I contacted the seller yesterday but I still have not heard back. One of my tablets is defective. Hopefully they are good about it. I'm hoping they will send me a replacement.
Ditto, I contacted the seller. I also called the toll free number in the packing slip, but it was really hard to understand the customer service rep's accent. I think they are going to contact me, they took down my info that's it.
Mar 2, 2014
12 posts
8 upvotes
Lots of people seem to have problems with their Kobo Arc 7HD, won't pull the trigger.
39.99$ for the Kobo Glo from the same seller.. At this price, is it worth it for an ereader ?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3202 posts
1143 upvotes
Ajax
ihatedeals wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:25 pm
I'm not sure I understand what is preventing you from opening up a return case with eBay for a defective item, if they don't respond with x number of days, eBay will step in and ensure you at least get your money back. I believe worst case scenario, eBay will send you prepaid postage to ship back the item at the expense of the buyer and then refund you. Obviously, if you're like me and just want the working Kobo you paid for....this sucks but it would be better than wasting 42 dollars on a paper weight.

If you're unfamiliar with the process, just go to your purchase history and click "return item", then choose reason as defective, from there you can type in a message stating your case while also letting the seller+eBay know what your ideal resolution would be. Theoretically, the seller is supposed to respond and work with you, and if the two sides cannot come to a resolution, eBay mediates.

If Kobo simply ignores you, ebay steps in.
I know the process, I am not out for blood though. Instead of handling it in a civilized manner on their end, they continuously try to get me to deal with them on their terms. I did wind up opening a case, and now have finally gotten their attention. sadly, their defence is that it is more expedient for them to go through their own system blah blah blah. Either way, the process is started.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Aug 9, 2017
14 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Order the 10 inch on saturday, got it yesterday. Seems brand new. My only problem with it is that it has a power switch instead of a power button, and that it got noticeable hot when playing pokemon trading card game online. Other than that, the screen looks fantastic and it runs extremely fast. Overall a great purchase for $75.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2939 posts
2106 upvotes
Burnaby
Sepharite wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:55 am
Is the 10 sold out?
Yup. Temporarily, I think. Just keep checking the seller's eBay store.

Rakuten/Kobo seems to be listing these tablets and ereaders in batches of 100/200/300 (round numbers) per listing. It has been relisted ("restocked") two or three times already since the first RFD thread about this eBay deal (moved to expired hot deals).
yare yare daze...

[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Probably a good idea as they can fulfill/ship the orders in a reasonable time frame with the resources they have.
Sep 10, 2017
12 posts
19 upvotes
Kherani wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:49 pm
MX player is having trouble playing a 1080p torrent of Death Note. Any tips?
7HD or 10HD?

10HD shouldn't have trouble, maybe try using VLC instead. Unsure about the 7HD.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3947 posts
478 upvotes
ihatedeals wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:11 am
7HD or 10HD?

10HD shouldn't have trouble, maybe try using VLC instead. Unsure about the 7HD.
10HD, I was streaming it off my NAS but after copying it locally, it worked fine.
Aug 4, 2006
117 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
Got lucky. I was on the fence. I ended up getting two and planning to put cm in them.

Can you game clash of clans after putting in cm?
Jul 19, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
I picked up the Glo for $39. Came out closer to $50 with shipping, but this is still much cheaper than I've been seeing Kobo readers on the classified sites. Arrived in great condition, no issues in the first 48 hours.