Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] [ONGOING SEPT 11th]Kobo Arc 7/10HD 30$/60$+7$ shipping!! [REFURB]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 5:05 am
Dec 10, 2005
717 posts
286 upvotes
got mine in like new condition. no scratches. works fine for youtube and super mario run. It is a bit slow for browsing but for $70 it is a great value.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2315 posts
532 upvotes
West
apvm wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:33 pm
For those who are interested.
It is tempting but the 10" just seems way too bulky and heavy for this day and age when everything is going much thinner and lighter. I did pull the trigger on the 7" tho for watching movies when traveling; I just hope the screen isn't too tiny for that.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
144 posts
109 upvotes
Markham
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:46 pm
It is tempting but the 10" just seems way too bulky and heavy for this day and age when everything is going much thinner and lighter. I did pull the trigger on the 7" tho for watching movies when traveling; I just hope the screen isn't too tiny for that.
but the quality of the screen is amazing!
Oct 26, 2016
63 posts
23 upvotes
I have a Nook HD Plus.

Will Arc 10 be considered an upgrade?
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11669 posts
865 upvotes
d0m056 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:30 pm
I have a Nook HD Plus.

Will Arc 10 be considered an upgrade?
They both came out around the same. Experience should be the same.
Aug 23, 2010
151 posts
166 upvotes
GTA
Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the 7hd. Anyone think it's worth it to buy? Thinking of getting it just to read comics during my commute and maybe some light streaming on YouTube.

Not really interested in the 10hd because of its weight.
Oct 26, 2016
63 posts
23 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:47 pm
They both came out around the same. Experience should be the same.
That's what I was thinking as well, although Arc 10 does have 2GB RAM and slightly better screen.

On the other hand my Nook HD plus is 32gb Internal memory with external sd support.

I guess i'll stick with the Nook for now.
Sep 10, 2017
12 posts
19 upvotes
j831 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:53 pm
Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the 7hd. Anyone think it's worth it to buy? Thinking of getting it just to read comics during my commute and maybe some light streaming on YouTube.

Not really interested in the 10hd because of its weight.
"Worth it" in what way? You're not going to get a 1080p IPS tablet for 42 bucks all in anywhere else in Canada. I didn't get the chance to try Youtube on the Arc7HD, but if you mainly want a portable tablet for reading comics+ebooks, it should be fine. The two main reasons not to get these tablets are that a lot of mainstream Android Apps no longer support Android 4.22, and a lot of apps that do might run sluggishly.

My main concern would be how well these are going to hold up. They have a 1 year warranty, but who knows how much support there'll be for the units. Will Kobo still have replacement parts or replacement units a few months down the road? Not to mention just the overall hassle of having to exchange a device under warranty. Maybe I just got a bad unit, but my Arc7HD lasted all of 45 minutes before it stopped working. Now I'm crazy enough to try and exchange it rather than seeking a refund, but it's definitely in the back of my mind that it'll be a huge hassle if the next unit is also defective. The fact that Kobo seemingly has hundreds or maybe thousands of defective units when these tablets probably didn't sell all that well in the first place has to be a big concern.

Not entirely related to your post, but I think at 67+ tax, the Arc10HD is a steal if you want it for the right reasons. The best reason to get it is as a personal video player because anything else with a comparable screen is going to be significantly more expensive. It's only "portable" if you are the type of person who carries a backpack everywhere. If you carry a backpack on your commute, even with the size and heft of the Arc10HD I'd consider getting it over the Arc7HD for comics. I've had an Arc10HD unrelated to this specific deal for a few years, and although there were other issues with it being defective or not working a certain way that I went into in a previous post, I've been very happy with the actual performance of the device as a main tablet that I've used almost in conjunction with my computer as my main device.
Aug 17, 2010
195 posts
68 upvotes
I got my tablet today.. Its VERY SLOW and has a giant line down the middle of the screen... not really happy.
Jun 13, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
codejerry wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:36 pm
I got my tablet today.. Its VERY SLOW and has a giant line down the middle of the screen... not really happy.
Is the tablet an Arc 7 or Arc 10?
Nov 7, 2013
916 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
codejerry wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:36 pm
7HD or 10HD?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

thewolverine