• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 2:13 am
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3695 posts
669 upvotes
forevergone wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:50 pm
But it's dynamic. Lets say a 16x16x12 parcel thats 30lbs will cost $70 to ship to California vs. $30 to ship within New York.
Ahhh, you use the calculator
there is still a calculator option on ebay.ca, but it would likely be expensive. I get your concern now. Sorry I can't provide much help because I typically charge one flat rate
Ebay - 195 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 31 - 0 - 0

I sell clothes for cheap
Jan 24, 2016
43 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does this deal include re-listing or only brand new listings?
Nov 13, 2013
180 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone recommend where to buy cheap shipping supplies? Specifically I am looking for small boxes that would fit N64 games + box.
Dec 20, 2010
235 posts
116 upvotes
Yurickz wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:42 am
Can anyone recommend where to buy cheap shipping supplies? Specifically I am looking for small boxes that would fit N64 games + box.
My strategy is just to keep an eye out for free ones that will otherwise be thrown out, like small boxes from your workplace's orders your own amazon orders etc, never had to buy a box but at the time worked at a restaurant where boxes of all sizes were easy to acquire
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1417 posts
264 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Yurickz wrote:
Try going to ChitChats and getting some supplies from them

https://chitchats.com/shipping-supplies

They also sell boxes from USPS (they are about 10 cents each) and you can just cover them with paper. If you are actually in Toronto they should have locations around you.

I am looking forward to selling a few things, specifically my F1 diecast cars as the market in BC is not as strong as Quebec or Ontario for these models.
Oct 25, 2010
110 posts
52 upvotes
Wow! You guys are scared of the digital marketplace. So much fear mongering and hate. I’ve been selling online 1 transaction per week for the past 3 years and have never had a chargeback. Only 2 problem buyers who wanted returns and threatened PayPal disputes.

Imho, online is easier than sketchy CL or FB meet ups. No face to face haggling or thieves. Money is via PayPal in USD which is good if you need it. Canada Post can be expensive for heavier or larger items but that’s where ChitChats saves the day. Their shipping rates for anywhere (Canada, USA, international) are the best. Using their service I offer a flat rate to all CAN/USA buyers or just do free shipping and bundle it into the item price.
Last edited by bbcspaceman on Jan 11th, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 24, 2016
43 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am dealing with a case now where the buyer said that the package i sent was empty. I still have the receipt and tracking from shipping the item that says its weight, and the product was in perfect sealed condition. This isn't as rare as some of you make it out to be , but has anyone successfully beat a false buyer "product not described" claim?
Aug 24, 2007
450 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
T_Ruff wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:57 pm
That means its free to list up to 50 items (and all casual sellers can deal with this 50 per month limit, beyond that it does cost you to actually list it, even if it doesn't sell). You'll still pay the regular Final Value fees on shipping cost and item cost, plus the PayPal fee. When this specific promotion is active you'll the this promotion listed in that section though if you have activated it on your account.
How can i activate it ?
Do I have to wait for tomorrow to see it ?
Dec 20, 2010
235 posts
116 upvotes
grumpy2906 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 5:19 pm
How can i activate it ?
Do I have to wait for tomorrow to see it ?
That's what I understand from the email
Oct 25, 2010
110 posts
52 upvotes
Rare for me, hundreds of transactions later. But the fears on this thread are not limited to eBay. Running your own business, selling through your own website you can get hit with shady buyers and chargebacks.

For product not described id offer a refund once they send the item back. If the buyer is claiming empty box or swaps the item with something else then I’m not sure. Best to call PayPal.
May 21, 2015
120 posts
28 upvotes
Yurickz wrote:
I just got some from Staples recently. They also shipped them to me fairly quickly. Uline good selection, pricey. Whitebird custom and premium options, more cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1164 posts
354 upvotes
Montreal
cosigned wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:00 pm
I am dealing with a case now where the buyer said that the package i sent was empty. I still have the receipt and tracking from shipping the item that says its weight, and the product was in perfect sealed condition. This isn't as rare as some of you make it out to be , but has anyone successfully beat a false buyer "product not described" claim?
I have.
My buyer claimed his $800 order was an empty box. I uploaded a copy of my shipping label showing the weight and argued that it was unlikely the post office and his delivery guy would've handled an empty box without noticing something was wrong. If the box was damaged and everything fell out during transit, they would have taped it back up and put a sticker on it explaining the damage.

I waited for ebay to make their decision. They decided in favor of the buyer and took $800 out of my account. I called and asked to speak to the high value claims department - the people who made the decision. They looked over the case and reversed the decision, giving me my money back.

The belief that ebay always sides with the buyer is not true. They want to protect buyers, not criminals. I think the problem is they process claims fast without reading the details, but if you call to appeal, they will listen to your reasoning.

Certainly not risk free though and YMMV; expensive electronics is a high fraud category. Less likely to deal with scammers if you’re selling clothing.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Jan 24, 2016
43 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Noobzilla wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:22 pm
I have.
My buyer claimed his $800 order was an empty box. I uploaded a copy of my shipping label showing the weight and argued that it was unlikely the post office and his delivery guy would've handled an empty box without noticing something was wrong. If the box was damaged and everything fell out during transit, they would have taped it back up and put a sticker on it explaining the damage.

I waited for ebay to make their decision. They decided in favor of the buyer and took $800 out of my account. I called and asked to speak to the high value claims department - the people who made the decision. They looked over the case and reversed the decision, giving me my money back.

The belief that ebay always sides with the buyer is not true. They want to protect buyers, not criminals. I think the problem is they process claims fast without reading the details, but if you call to appeal, they will listen to your reasoning.

Certainly not risk free though and YMMV; expensive electronics is a high fraud category. Less likely to deal with scammers if you’re selling clothing.
thank you for sharing the story and I'm glad to hear it worked out. It's a bit reassuring to hear that there's still an element of human judgement there and they don't just defer to the buyer each time.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
5962 posts
1759 upvotes
Toronto
AskJWolfe wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:48 am
The eBay deal is great, however the new CP rates not soo much...

https://esellercafe.com/canada-post-ann ... ases-2019/
I've been using the built-in CP shipping calculator for a while now, makes things a lot easier not worrying about what to charge and tracking handled through eBay; before that got burned with crazy US shipping fees. Only exception is lettermail if selling a game or DVD that fits in a bubble mailer.