• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2018 5:18 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
184 posts
189 upvotes
Canada

[eBay.ca] Sell for $1 Offer Returns June 23-24

It looks like this is becoming a monthly thing for eBay sellers! I was able to take advantage last month so glad it's back this weekend.

Selling Weekend is Returning! Our Sell for $1 offer returns this weekend (June 23-24), so prepare to list and save!

Please note: Sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate Offer" from within the invitation email, the Promotion landing page, or from within the Promotional Offers module within My eBay. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion, or after the Promotion Period (including ‘Good til Cancelled’ auto-relists) will not be eligible for the Promotion.

What is the Promotion?

Sellers ("Sellers") who activate the offer, and pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, list during the Promotion Period, will pay zero insertion fee and a final value fee of $1 per item for the first 5 listings created.("Promotion").

Eligible listings for the Promotion include auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price formats.

Final value fees will still be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping).

Please note: All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply. Listing fees may apply, depending on how many listings you have already created; learn more about seller fees, including the number of free listings per month, by viewing our everyday rate plan.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to Canadian sellers who: (i) activated the Promotion; and (ii) meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your seller dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on June 23, 2018, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on June 24, 2018 at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca (the "Promotion Period").
57 replies
Apr 9, 2011
17 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga
Anyone have any experience with this offer?

Could I cancel existing listings that do not have any bids and relist them on the weekend?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4742 posts
57 upvotes
Local
I signed up and sold one item just before the 30 days ended. It was hard to find the fee in the ebay menus but I'm pretty sure I'm only charged $1 final value fee....

It's much better to give us advanced warning like this. Takes time to get around to prepare the listing and item. Gonna post some items. If it sells great. If it doesn't keep it for the time being.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3119 posts
908 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks OP! Missed this the last time as I was having difficulties with the listing/site. Will give it another try this time around.
Feb 17, 2013
32 posts
11 upvotes
dbarretto wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 6:34 pm
Anyone have any experience with this offer?

Could I cancel existing listings that do not have any bids and relist them on the weekend?
Yes it works, they only charged me 1.05 for a 400.00 sale.

Cancel your listings now. Then on June 23rd go back to ebay and click "activate offer". Then go to your cancelled listings and click "sell similar" to relist. Read the terms and conditions because some categories such as heavy equipment and real estate are not eligible for this 1.00 promotion.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1162 posts
1051 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks for the heads up, OP.

This is refreshing - generally eBay doesn't give advance notice and just springs the offer with 24-72 hours to act - and often, during the weekend when a lot of people are too busy to be bothered.

Good time to avoid final value fees and unload 5 big-ticket items. (If going the auction route instead of Buy It Now / Best Offer, do NOT set a reserve price with your auction or there will be fees owing whether the item sells or not.)
john widow wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 6:56 pm
It's much better to give us advanced warning like this. Takes time to get around to prepare the listing and item.
IKR ... it's usually executed in a less than ideal manner. I wish special offers for sellers could be saved in an e-wallet or digital coupon book for use at a later date (with a reasonable expiry period) , convenient for the seller. In a world with so much competition (i.e. Amazon, for starters) , I'm pretty sure eBay needs small-time sellers more than sellers need eBay.
Oct 7, 2008
969 posts
166 upvotes
No limit to the number of items you can list/sell? If so better then last time which had a small limit, I think 2.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2016 posts
733 upvotes
I RFD wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 7:21 pm
No limit to the number of items you can list/sell? If so better then last time which had a small limit, I think 2.
Can’t read? :p

...will pay zero insertion fee and a final value fee of $1 per item for the first 5 listings created.("Promotion")...
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2725 posts
148 upvotes
Ottawa
Do items listed on eBay.ca get pushed to eBay.com?
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
No Xbox X win.... not a good way to start 2018 :(
Dec 30, 2015
43 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I want to take advantage of this promotion to sell a few things I own on e-Bay. However, I actually never used it as a platform to sell goods before.

Any advice for a first timer? I'm worried about the rampant scams and such I read about online and the items I want to sell are valued at around $100~$300.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
3890 posts
8991 upvotes
Quebec
THX OP
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000
Aug 8, 2008
77 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
HarryLe wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 8:31 pm

Any advice for a first timer? I'm worried about the rampant scams and such I read about online and the items I want to sell are valued at around $100~$300.
Its pretty safe. I sell quite a bit and never had a problem. Only mail to the address in the paypal invoice, use a postal service level that has delivery confirmation, and be prepared to pay out the ass for shipping anything via Canada Post.

I believe this promotion requires you to offer returns which I don't usually do because people are people. So make sure you insure your packages for the value of the item.
Aug 8, 2008
77 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
freakx2001 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 8:01 pm
Do items listed on eBay.ca get pushed to eBay.com?
If you offer to ship there then they do automatically.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5333 posts
1839 upvotes
Canada
jeffersonalan wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 9:24 pm

I believe this promotion requires you to offer returns which I don't usually do because people are people. So make sure you insure your packages for the value of the item.
Where do you see this?
Koodo customer
Tangerine customer