Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Sell for $1 Offer Returns June 23-24

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 1:01 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
jeffersonalan wrote: Ya thats not how it works at all......

Now I know this is the internet so you're gonna wanna argue so you can go read all you need to know right here: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/return ... 41#refunds
I think he's right. It says right in the link you posted, "You can return it even if the seller's returns policy says they don't accept returns."

You also risk receiving a negative feedback from buyer if you don't resolve the issue (sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, only buyers can).
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Dec 27, 2012
164 posts
91 upvotes
Bowmanville
I'm pretty sure I activated it and got my posting up on time. Is there any way to verify for sure?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
You can check on desktop website on the selling page, under your listings, there are seller offers. It will show how many listings were activated using this promo.
Oct 14, 2009
470 posts
83 upvotes
I activated the offer and planning to sell my Polk LSiM 703 speakers which are about 1k a pair.

The 2nd requirement says "meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your seller dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards."

I am a first time seller have not sold anything but bought a lot for 5 years now and don't see anything in my seller dashboard.

Do you guys think I am qualified for this promo?
Nov 26, 2015
599 posts
1262 upvotes
Winnipeg
I sold my RAM on eBay for $200 to someone in the states and and two days later the guy opened a PayPal request saying item not received.

I contacted him about it and he said he can't wait any longer than 2 days because he needs the RAM ASAP and also he said its cheaper at fry electronics so is going to buy it from Frys. I said why didn't he contact me about priority shipping instead of shipping with expedited if he needed it so quick. He never responded. Once the item was delivered to his mailbox and signature recorded I uploaded the tracking number on PayPal and he immediately he changed the return request saying he received the package but it was an empty box. PayPal immediately pulled all the money out of my account and limited my PayPal account. The guy also left me negative feedback saying I was a fraudster which put a penalty on my eBay account.
May 14, 2007
430 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
Mok122cobra wrote: I sold my RAM on eBay for $200 to someone in the states and and two days later the guy opened a PayPal request saying item not received.

I contacted him about it and he said he can't wait any longer than 2 days because he needs the RAM ASAP and also he said its cheaper at fry electronics so is going to buy it from Frys. I said why didn't he contact me about priority shipping instead of shipping with expedited if he needed it so quick. He never responded. Once the item was delivered to his mailbox and signature recorded I uploaded the tracking number on PayPal and he immediately he changed the return request saying he received the package but it was an empty box. PayPal immediately pulled all the money out of my account and limited my PayPal account. The guy also left me negative feedback saying I was a fraudster which put a penalty on my eBay account.
That's a classic scammer right there. Paypal Nightmare. Don't worry, after all the hassle you will probably get your money unfrozen.
Source: experienced through the same thing, all too many times.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
Mok122cobra wrote: I sold my RAM on eBay for $200 to someone in the states and and two days later the guy opened a PayPal request saying item not received.

Those people are scum of the earth, definitely try to follow up with PayPal.
Aug 8, 2008
105 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
yoshim wrote: I think he's right. It says right in the link you posted, "You can return it even if the seller's returns policy says they don't accept returns."

You also risk receiving a negative feedback from buyer if you don't resolve the issue (sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, only buyers can).
Did you read the first two sentences?

"If your item arrives damaged or faulty, you can return it for a refund. If you've changed your mind and want to send it back, you can ask the seller if they'll accept a return."

This isn't costco you don't just have to accept returns. As for a negative feedback sure when you first start out it might matter but once you've got thousands of positives it doesnt really matter.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
shoot missed out

please post when comes back again!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
yoshim wrote: I think he's right. It says right in the link you posted, "You can return it even if the seller's returns policy says they don't accept returns."
Thanks for handling Loudmouth Einstein here with his "I know this is the internet so you're gonna wanna argue so you can go read all you need to know right here" BS. Has he even sold on eBay before?

eBay has a 100% satisfaction guaranteed, money-back return policy on every item sold on their site, so if you sell there, you are REQUIRED to offer returns, even if you select the (meaningless) "no returns" option in the listing.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
jeffersonalan wrote: Did you read the first two sentences?

"If your item arrives damaged or faulty, you can return it for a refund. If you've changed your mind and want to send it back, you can ask the seller if they'll accept a return."
LOL, and what do you think happens if someone wants to return an item? They select the "Damaged or Faulty" option in the drop-down menu and get a guaranteed return. It is in all the eBay scam guides online - seriously, did you just fall off the turnip truck or something?
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
listed 5 items and so far only sold my intel 3225 cpu for 45 bucks. shipped it to usa today cost 7.6 bucks. money received is 43, 2 bucks for paypal fee. so I guess later will be another 1 buck for ebay fee. so net is about 35 bucks. last week I bought a 2500k with box and cooler for 75 bucks on ebay from Canadian seller, value on these stays so high for some reason. high demand I guess. you can get a 3930k for around 120 bucks these days. looking for a 1155 motherboard which can overclock and everyone selling those for the same price new, crazy market.
Dec 27, 2012
164 posts
91 upvotes
Bowmanville
RFDQ1016 wrote: You can check on desktop website on the selling page, under your listings, there are seller offers. It will show how many listings were activated using this promo.
I tried doing this but I couldn't find the "seller offers" link.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Even though I went through the link it somehow wasn't "activated". What a load of crap.
Aug 8, 2008
105 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: LOL, and what do you think happens if someone wants to return an item? They select the "Damaged or Faulty" option in the drop-down menu and get a guaranteed return. It is in all the eBay scam guides online - seriously, did you just fall off the turnip truck or something?
Oh so you mean anyone can scam you not you have to take returns. Different things buddy totally different things. Thats like saying you have to give 5$ to anyone who asks and if you don't they can just steal it from you. IS that the same? Wait let me guess you've got some brilliant reason why it is. Can't wait to read it. Internet expert....
Aug 8, 2008
105 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:

eBay has a 100% satisfaction guaranteed, money-back return policy on every item sold on their site, so if you sell there, you are REQUIRED to offer returns, even if you select the (meaningless) "no returns" option in the listing.
Please point me in the direction of this guarunteed, money back return policy I'd love to read it.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
jeffersonalan wrote: Oh so you mean anyone can scam you not you have to take returns.
Did you just fall off the turnip truck?

eBay is ONE MASSIVE SCAM for sellers - that's the real world, get it? You contend that you can 100% limit returns, and I say you cannot. You live in a fantasy land populated with dwarves, elves and unicorns, while I live in the real world. If someone wants to return a perfectly good item due to buyer's remorse, eBay fully allows them to do so, regardless of your "return settings". That's real world buddy, and it's only getting worse:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/b ... 41145.html

eBay announced today it would begin automating returns in July. "Enhanced automation for a faster returns experience: Starting July 2018, we will automate two steps in the returns process for buyers and sellers. The changes will save up to a week of processing time for you and your buyer."
Aug 8, 2008
105 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:

eBay announced today it would begin automating returns in July. "Enhanced automation for a faster returns experience: Starting July 2018, we will automate two steps in the returns process for buyers and sellers. The changes will save up to a week of processing time for you and your buyer."
Damn its July already I must have really slept in!

Bud I've sold thousands of items on ebay never once had a problem. Add to that you're talking about SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!!! not the TOS Do you believe everything you think? Did you even read the article you linked to "if sellers want the benefits of Top Seller Plus". Additionally no returns final sale still exists you can read all about it right here https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/se ... turns.html or you can continue being an expert about something you have no idea about.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3695 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
Do these types of promos happen often? Awesome time to unload high-ticket items. Sold a few items during this promo.
Got charged $1 final value fee + $1 shipping fee + taxes /per item. Really happy :)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
Ebay charged me the 10% even though the product was listed as being sold under the promotion in my ebay account. Had to call to get the credit. Double check your accounts to make sure they didn't charge you.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)