[eBay.ca] (Spotify) Buy a $60 Spotify eGift for $47.50 - Email Delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2018 8:37 pm
[OP]
Oct 9, 2018
131 posts
712 upvotes

[eBay.ca] (Spotify) Buy a $60 Spotify eGift for $47.50 - Email Delivery

Hey looks like eBay is running two gift cards today. Spotify is live on the deals site, 21% off of a $60 card. Seems like you can add only 1 to your cart though. Not a bad gift for secret santa, etc...
45 replies
Dec 19, 2006
275 posts
54 upvotes
Damn, doesn't look like it can be applied to a family subscription.
Oct 12, 2014
620 posts
182 upvotes
London, ON
If I am currently the owner of a Family Plan, charged $15 per month - Can I apply this gift card as credit to my account, and have this gift card balance used first?
[OP]
Oct 9, 2018
131 posts
712 upvotes
MrBanks321 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:15 am
If I am currently the owner of a Family Plan, charged $15 per month - Can I apply this gift card as credit to my account, and have this gift card balance used first?
The listing states:

Single-use; the full face-value for an individual account is deducted at redemption and no incremental redemption is permitted.

So it might not work for family plans.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4555 posts
1686 upvotes
Markham
Been waiting for this to give to someone.
Oct 17, 2012
457 posts
306 upvotes
Vancouver
Can this be applied as credit on a student subscription?

I'm leaning towards no because it says
Redeemable only for full price standalone Premium subscription months via spotify.com and cannot be redeemed for discounted or group subscriptions.

Don't want to risk being stuck with useless credit
Oct 12, 2014
620 posts
182 upvotes
London, ON
tk1797 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:24 am
The listing states:

Single-use; the full face-value for an individual account is deducted at redemption and no incremental redemption is permitted.

So it might not work for family plans.
I chatted online with a rep, they said they can change my premium family plan to free. Than apply the credit, and I can switch back to premium. I will lose some time though.
Dec 25, 2006
214 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
RedRon wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:13 am
Damn, doesn't look like it can be applied to a family subscription.
I wish I would have seen your comment before I bought it! I have a family account, trying to cancel now.
Any idea on how easy it is to cancel the order with ebay? :)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4555 posts
1686 upvotes
Markham
MrBanks321 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:27 pm
I chatted online with a rep, they said they can change my premium family plan to free. Than apply the credit, and I can switch back to premium. I will lose some time though.
uh if I don't have any account, do you open free family account and chat to apply to premium family?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5024 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto
dojon wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:47 pm
I wish I would have seen your comment before I bought it! I have a family account, trying to cancel now.
Any idea on how easy it is to cancel the order with ebay? :)
That's horses%^$!. Needed to be in bold print in the ad description. I am doing the same thing. Hopefully, they let me. Can someone clarify it the workaround works, and what you need to do in terms of adding members back?

EDIT: So, no cancelling as the credit was already delivered. So, as far as I can see, sign out on the day before your Spotify account is charged, and then apply the credit and change back to a family plan with the same people and addresses.
Last edited by milhaus on Nov 24th, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2015
58 posts
37 upvotes
Markham, ON
...or you could just download TweakBox if you have iPhone.
Fido 3GB/$0 + TextNow App = Free Unlimited Global Texting/NA Calling
FreePhoneLine + Obi200 = Free Unlimited Canada-Wide Home Phone
Dec 25, 2006
214 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 8:36 pm
That's horses%^$!. Needed to be in bold print in the ad description. I am doing the same thing. Hopefully, they let me. Can someone clarify it the workaround works, and what you need to do in terms of adding members back?

EDIT: So, no cancelling as the credit was already delivered. So, as far as I can see, sign out on the day before your Spotify account is charged, and then apply the credit and change back to a family plan with the same people and addresses.
I opened a PayPal dispute.

I requested cancellation before delivery, and I even called them but they hung up on me after 30 minutes on hold.

It's uncertain what will happen to your account members if you dissolve the family plan.
Dec 25, 2006
214 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 8:40 pm
If you cancel your subscription, do you keep the credits on your account and can you resume using them later?

I tend to use Spotify for two months, then lose interest, then try again and so on and so forth.
Pretty sure you lose them.