Anyone want to buy mine off me? I will not use...$45 its yours
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5024 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
MrBanks321 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:27 pm
I chatted online with a rep, they said they can change my premium family plan to free. Than apply the credit, and I can switch back to premium. I will lose some time though.
Can you confirm how you “chatted” with Spotify since they don’t have a chat function? Twitter?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15407 posts
2221 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone stuck with the card, I'm sure you can sell it on one of the online services that buys cards or on Kijiji. Lots of people who will miss this deal and appreciate the savings.
RedFlagDeals addict
Aug 24, 2005
458 posts
53 upvotes
To everyone who has a Premium Family subscription and bought this without reading the fine print (me included), I've confirmed a workaround to use it:

1. First cancel your subscription - you'll still retain the remaining days left in your current month of premium.
2. Redeem your gift card. It should say something along the lines of "This is valid for 6 months of Individual Premium." Accept.
3. Immediately afterwards, upgrade your account to Premium for Family. The gift card value will automatically be converted for your "new" Premium for Family plan which should be the equivalent of 4 months.

Success, you now have service through April 2019. Also worth noting, you won't lose any family details in the process.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1466 posts
524 upvotes
TBD
afx wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 11:58 pm
To everyone who has a Premium Family subscription and bought this without reading the fine print (me included), I've confirmed a workaround to use it:

1. First cancel your subscription - you'll still retain the remaining days left in your current month of premium.
2. Redeem your gift card. It should say something along the lines of "This is valid for 6 months of Individual Premium." Accept.
3. Immediately afterwards, upgrade your account to Premium for Family. The gift card value will automatically be converted for your "new" Premium for Family plan which should be the equivalent of 4 months.

Success, you now have service through April 2019. Also worth noting, you won't lose any family details in the process.
Something odd happened for me. I cancelled my premium family, redeemed the GC, now it says i have premium family till June 6 2019. Only difference is that I did not do step 3.
Mar 26, 2017
247 posts
127 upvotes
Bought some 'premium family' from someone online on a different forum (you can find it if you google it) I paid $8 for it and it has lasted about 2 years now and still is going LuL
Oct 30, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
I can’t purchase it cause my payment isn’t going through again just like last time when the GAP gift card was on sale.
Expressionless Face I wish PayPal wasn’t the only option.
Oct 15, 2012
32 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
So Spotify is not doing $99 for a full year deal like they did around this time last year? I much prefer Spotify over Apple Music and hopefully they’ll last for another year.
Dec 26, 2017
247 posts
155 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 3:12 am
Bought some 'premium family' from someone online on a different forum (you can find it if you google it) I paid $8 for it and it has lasted about 2 years now and still is going LuL
i wanna do something like that heard 8-10$ a year!
Aug 21, 2005
517 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
kevdanga wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:47 am
Something odd happened for me. I cancelled my premium family, redeemed the GC, now it says i have premium family till June 6 2019. Only difference is that I did not do step 3.
Same thing happened to me. Can confirm that this method works.
Dec 5, 2012
35 posts
6 upvotes
Bridgewater
Does anyone know why when I try to do these eBay gift cards it will never let me, when i go to the cart it says "Something went wrong. Please try to check out again" it is so frustrating as I have tried for several of these deals with the same error message and yes have tried different browser option. Thanks for any help!
"
Jan 1, 2013
30 posts
3 upvotes
Brant
tdaniels wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 7:11 am
Does anyone know why when I try to do these eBay gift cards it will never let me, when i go to the cart it says "Something went wrong. Please try to check out again" it is so frustrating as I have tried for several of these deals with the same error message and yes have tried different browser option. Thanks for any help!
"
Is this issue on a mobile device? If so, try a desktop browser. Had a similar issue recently on ebay mobile app - iOS if that make a difference (although it was for a product not e-giftcard) but it worked on desktop.
Nov 25, 2017
7 posts
6 upvotes
So can you buy two of these and use them for a single one year subscription?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3385 posts
94 upvotes
Richmond
JimmyJoners wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 3:46 pm
So can you buy two of these and use them for a single one year subscription?
Theoretically yes, but eBay will only allow one purchase per customer. It remembers your purchase and won't allow you to check out a second time.

These giftcard deals are a little strange, they don't show up in search, nor does it show up in the seller's listing. You can only purchase from the direct link, it remembers you, and it doesn't allow direct credit card payments, only PayPal.