"Returns Accepted and your satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed"

Limited quantity available / 56 sold at time of post

35 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3723 posts
872 upvotes
One word: bootloop.

It's especially a bad idea to buy this phone used, even though it's a bad idea to buy it to begin with. When, not if, it bootloops, if you buy it used, LG will tell you to pound sand. There's even a class action lawsuit for those who bought the G4 and V10!

The G5 is just a little more expensive, doesn't have bootloop issues (or at least to a miniscule rate), is sturdier and has a much faster processor. It's a much better choice in every respect.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Dec 30, 2008
577 posts
194 upvotes
Do not buy this.
This phone is great on paper, I love it when it's working.
Although, I had to get it repaired twice in a year.
I'm not sure if you can get it repaired for free when its bought used. It's about 150$ to get fix out of warranty.
Thanks OP for the deal though.
Jul 28, 2013
50 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Lg Canada will fix your bootloop Lg g4 phone for free. It will take about 7 to 10 days. So, you can go to lg site to request for a repairment.

SolutionisT wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:38 pm
Don't waste your money, it has a bootloop problem (mine dead last week).

Also there is a class-action lawsuit in California on this product https://arstechnica.com/wp-content/uplo ... lgsuit.pdf
Jul 28, 2013
50 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
I am not sure but lg never asked me for any receipt. The worst thing for me was that i cracked the phone screen after repairment.

If the motherboard was made in 2015, avoid it even though Lg claimed that affected mothetboard was made before Sep 2015.

If made in 2016, you can try it.

cats_on_burners wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:45 pm
Do not buy this.
This phone is great on paper, I love it when it's working.
Although, I had to get it repaired twice in a year.
I'm not sure if you can get it repaired for free when its bought used. It's about 150$ to get fix out of warranty.
Thanks OP for the deal though.
Sep 14, 2013
509 posts
203 upvotes
LG also fixed two of our phones with the bootloop issue outside of warranty.

So, a gamble but you're not completely hosed maybe. This was in February. Turn around in GTA area and surrounding was 3-4 days from shipment.
Dec 30, 2008
577 posts
194 upvotes
I dont think LG Canada will fix the H810 (AT&T US) version of the phone for free in Canada.
They might cover a H812(canada), but I heard lots of people complaining that LG wont fix phone outside of their original region of purchase.
LG Canada wont fix a LG USA phone for free from the information I got from the reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/ ... info_here/
Mar 14, 2017
37 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria, BC
LG fixed my G4 earlier this month out of warranty. Free shipping, free repair. They replaced the main board. Never asked for a receipt, just serial and IMEI. 9 day turnaround from Victoria, BC.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3816 posts
532 upvotes
Kingston
Be careful buying a G4. Great phone, but it will eventually bootloop! My G4 bootlooped too. Got it fixed through wind tho. Such a pain in the ass, lost everything on the phone of course, and at first they sent me the wrong phone back. Mine was mint condition, they sent me one banged up to hell.

My friend bought one second hand and it bootlooped now too. He said he called lg but just kept transfering him around in circles. They didn't say no, but didn't say yes either.

What's the best way to contact them?
Jul 28, 2013
50 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
I did it through online live chat. It took me about 12 minutes including the waiting time. They paid for shipping and delivery charge. I used the following link last time.
http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/contact/chat-email

Tha DraGun wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:13 pm
Be careful buying a G4. Great phone, but it will eventually bootloop! My G4 bootlooped too. Got it fixed through wind tho. Such a pain in the ass, lost everything on the phone of course, and at first they sent me the wrong phone back. Mine was mint condition, they sent me one banged up to hell.

My friend bought one second hand and it bootlooped now too. He said he called lg but just kept transfering him around in circles. They didn't say no, but didn't say yes either.

What's the best way to contact them?
Mar 14, 2017
37 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I contacted them first through their Facebook page, then was given a phone number to call in for repair. Just went back and found it... 1-800-553-9169 good luck.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2003
173 posts
42 upvotes
SolutionisT wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:38 pm
Don't waste your money, it has a bootloop problem (mine dead last week).

Also there is a class-action lawsuit in California on this product https://arstechnica.com/wp-content/uplo ... lgsuit.pdf
Contact LG Canada, they fixed my wife's G4 even though it was after warranty because all boot loop issues are well known and covered by LG
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1575 posts
667 upvotes
Saint John
I guess I've been lucky so far. I got a Fido G4 in November 2015 and haven't had any issues with it.

The thing I like most about the phone is the "leather" back and volume buttons. Much less slippy and more durable than glass or metal, and I can adjust the volume while the phone is in my pocket.

The thing I like least about it is the software - namely the LG bloat and locked bootloader.
Jan 4, 2010
184 posts
63 upvotes
Mississauga
birthdaymonkey wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 9:52 am
... and I can adjust the volume while the phone is in my pocket.
I love that too!

Problems I have with the phone:
- Can't root
- Will eventually bootloop
- Bluetooth stuttering issue that makes me go nuts

Other than that it is a very good phone. Specs are top of the line and camera is amazing