Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

unlocked new LG V20 $460 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2017 8:46 pm
Aug 12, 2015
267 posts
269 upvotes
Concord, ON

[eBay.ca] unlocked new LG V20 $460 USD

This is the T-Mobile model, so it should work with Wind.
I paid 542.64 USD including shipping and import taxes, which is about 725 CAD. Knowing the paypal conversion rate, you'll proabably pay a little more, but still a decent deal IMO.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
In my 2cents, s7 is much better and cheaper than LG V20, it just sales at 440 cad in eBay.
Simple is the best.
Mar 8, 2017
16 posts
10 upvotes
my 2cents; got the pink LG V20 from ebay/NeverMSRP store and paid about $200 more 3 months ago... totally worth it... no issues.. works on FreedomMobile (Wind)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
blackart wrote: In my 2cents, s7 is much better and cheaper than LG V20, it just sales at 440 cad in eBay.
while that maybe, the V20 has one of the better (if not the best) audio record & playback sound quality featuring a true 32bit quad DAC + a dedicated headphone amp with a 2Vrms output! it also has mSD expandibility + replaceable battery.

bottomline, it depends on whats important to the user. I'd certainly take this over a sammy or pixel.
Jun 26, 2010
914 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
LG prices drop fast. As an indication, I bought an unlocked (T-Mobile version) of the LG V10 for USD $280 last December, and now the LG G5 can be had new unlocked in the $280-$350 range.
I've had the LG G3 and now the V10. Great phones to begin but lag sets months later and battery life is never great.
Sep 3, 2012
99 posts
40 upvotes
Kitchener
victor158128 wrote: This is the T-Mobile model, so it should work with Wind.
I paid 542.64 USD including shipping and import taxes, which is about 725 CAD. Knowing the paypal conversion rate, you'll proabably pay a little more, but still a decent deal IMO.
Just a heads up but ncix was selling this phone for 799.00 cad and had a warranty....not sure if still up for sale but definitely was.....I think this phone rocks....again screen size is important to me cause I am old.....lol

just checked still at the price...http://www.ncix.com/detail/lg-v20-h990- ... 137676.htm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
velvethammer wrote: Just a heads up but ncix was selling this phone for 799.00 cad and had a warranty....not sure if still up for sale but definitely was.....I think this phone rocks....again screen size is important to me cause I am old.....lol

just checked still at the price...http://www.ncix.com/detail/lg-v20-h990- ... 137676.htm
I was going to get it from NCIX...but H990N / H990DS don't have unlocked bootloaders like the US variants.
Jul 26, 2016
60 posts
27 upvotes
lol, where to get the new unlocked g5 for $280-$350... seems a good deal to me. Koodo?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
My G5 is rock solid, fast as anyone needs and regularly get 2 days battery life out of it. The LG Nougat update is nice looking as well. V20 builds on this and makes it a premium device. Outclassing the S7 for sure. The other option is the new G6, it got the high end DAC and snapdragon 821. Yeah values drop quickly, id never pay MSRP for a phone ever, always wait a few months for them to hit a comfortable price and then buy.
Sep 3, 2012
99 posts
40 upvotes
Kitchener
If that is the deal breaker for you than a us version with no warranty is all you got...as far as I know the international ones are also bootlocked too....but for me rooting the phone was not what I bought it for...
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
Psyclist wrote: The other option is the new G6, it got the high end DAC
Are you sure it has the "high end DAC?" I've heard that the North American version isn't as good as the V20
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
shabbydog wrote: LG prices drop fast. As an indication, I bought an unlocked (T-Mobile version) of the LG V10 for USD $280 last December, and now the LG G5 can be had new unlocked in the $280-$350 range.
I've had the LG G3 and now the V10. Great phones to begin but lag sets months later and battery life is never great.
that's funny, there's a bunch of RFDers (in another thread) who think a brand-new G4 for $250 is a "good deal" ... lol
Jun 26, 2010
914 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
konfusion666 wrote: that's funny, there's a bunch of RFDers (in another thread) who think a brand-new G4 for $250 is a "good deal" ... lol
You mean in the thread that has -11 downvotes? ;)
In all seriousness, I just checked eBay and the lowest unlocked new G4 (shipping within NA) is USD $180 so $250 CAD is not too far off. The question is... WHY you would go for the G4 when the G5/V10 are a bit more and less likely to have LG's patented bootloops (maybe??).
Do LG's price drops reflect an inferior product? Why are last year's Sammy's and Mate 8's still in the $400+ range?
Sep 8, 2007
559 posts
641 upvotes
Big Shooter wrote: Are you sure it has the "high end DAC?" I've heard that the North American version isn't as good as the V20
Only certain asian versions of the G6 have the quad dac. Korea and Hong Kong versions are confirmed so far I believe
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
shabbydog wrote: You mean in the thread that has -11 downvotes? ;)
In all seriousness, I just checked eBay and the lowest unlocked new G4 (shipping within NA) is USD $180 so $250 CAD is not too far off. The question is... WHY you would go for the G4 when the G5/V10 are a bit more and less likely to have LG's patented bootloops (maybe??).
Do LG's price drops reflect an inferior product? Why are last year's Sammy's and Mate 8's still in the $400+ range?
It's highly unlikely that the G5 has the same "bootloop issue" as the G4. Simply because the root cause of that issue is the quick-to-overheat Snapdragon 808, which isn't used in the G5. The Snapdragon 808 is a POS mobile cpu, and it should be avoided at all costs. Hell, even some Nexus 5X's have bootloop issues, even though they (presumably) have a better heat management design than the G4!

The G5 uses the Snapdragon 820 which is an excellent mobile cpu (runs very cool, barely throttles); Qualcomm's best since the 801!
Jun 26, 2010
914 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
konfusion666 wrote: It's highly unlikely that the G5 has the same "bootloop issue" as the G4. Simply because the root cause of that issue is the quick-to-overheat Snapdragon 808, which isn't used in the G5. The Snapdragon 808 is a POS mobile cpu, and it should be avoided at all costs. Hell, even some Nexus 5X's have bootloop issues, even though they (presumably) have a better heat management design than the G4!

The G5 uses the Snapdragon 820 which is an excellent mobile cpu (runs very cool, barely throttles); Qualcomm's best since the 801!
If I needed an unlocked phone with decent specs for $280, I would definitely consider the G5, boot loop or not. It's like roulette and I agree, the G5 wasn't as affected as the G4 or V10.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
The V20 is an excellent device. Checks all the boxes but low-light camera performance is mediocre. Software updates every 5-6 weeks is reasonable. Quantum dot display is much more balanced than AMOLED. Unlocked bootloader would be nice but I doubt custom roms will feature access to the wide angle lens or quad DAC.

Definitely worth ~$450 USD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)