Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

Unlocked Samsung S5 and Note 4 (USED in great condition)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 10:04 am
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops

[eBay.ca] Unlocked Samsung S5 and Note 4 (USED in great condition)

note 4 - 170 (I think have some tax)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-N ... 9nVfFqEHRA

s5 - 115 ( tax probably)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S ... wpAGFcxCXQ

sorry if someone posted this already, I did not find so I just post this.

I am sure most of you RFDer saw these already. I bought something from this seller before and I have very positive things to say. got a note 5 for wife for 300 a few months ago which is still that price so I didn't post.

these are pretty good deals, don't buy from retards on craigslist trying to sell these for more.

I don't know about the dac in these I think may have the higher quality wolfson ones so music will sound a little better.

these 2 phones are the last Samsung which you can put extended battery pack on it. I ran 10000mah phones for years now and served me well. note 5 actually they make one from zerolemon and works quite well but very heavy. so if you can still find extended battery for these it will beat any of the new phones that comes out.

also seriously I do not notice much technology change on new phones. the screen technology is about the same and resolution is all 2560x1440 pixel size. note 5 is a little lower 1080p but not bad. cpu speed on these things are good enough for at least 5 more years. if you know how to install custom rom and get the ones that is cleaned up with bare minimum stuff. damn save battery life like mad and with new extended zerolemon (again if you can find some) battery these phones last 20 hours screen time. I do still run it out sometimes in 2 days I spent that much time playing with them lol.

buying new phones is like buying new cars. for me I LOVE getting used stuff and so far no big problem with most things I buy. rarely have electronics go bad.
191 replies
Feb 5, 2016
17 posts
11 upvotes
Westmount, QC
I bought the note 4 a month ago for $185 from this seller. Phone arrived in perfect condition and fast shipping. Highly recommend!
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
A heads up for anyone that buys the Note 4 with an extended battery... It does not read them properly. You will need to install a custom kernel
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
Are these genuine Samsung's and not clones?

Should I get this used Samsung Galaxy S7 or a brand new Moto Z Play? I'm on the fence because I'm not sure how long these will last when already used if they have any issues. I can get a brand new Moto Z Play for the same price via China....

Any thoughts?
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
Of course they are genuine Samsung. I am thinning these are trade ins or something. Not sure how this seller obtain thousands of these phones. But then again there are millions made lol.
All these phones can run android 7.0. I don't think you will notice any usability difference with new phone. All these can do 4k video and is more than enough for anyone.

Oh for the guy who mentioned the custom kernel for the extended battery. Can you send me a link how to do this? My battery were fine for a long time until I use the calibration now it stays at 1% for a long time got that problem. So would be nice to fix that. My note 3 before and s5 were fine with extended battery. Quite accurate. Especially the note 5 when it's 1% it will die shortly.
Jan 30, 2008
881 posts
425 upvotes
Isn't this a warm deal since the S6 and S7 are only a bit more from similar sellers? I'm seeing S6 around $200 and S7 around $250-300.
Sep 2, 2007
105 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to pick this up for use but noticed this in the item description:

The phone is Verizon unlocked and has a clean IMEI for activation. It will work with any 3G GSM provider worldwide: Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus, AT&T etc.

These phones will NOT work on the following networks: Wind Mobile, Virgin, Koodo, Videotron, Chatr, Mobilicity

I'm under the impression that if it works for Bell, it should work for Virgin and similar for Telus and Koodo. Can anyone who has purchased this phone from this seller or through generally knowledge shed some light on this?
Aug 28, 2010
111 posts
54 upvotes
Glepkyj wrote: I bought the note 4 a month ago for $185 from this seller. Phone arrived in perfect condition and fast shipping. Highly recommend!
What carrier are you using with this phone?? Will you be able to use 4G/LTE? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3363 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way to unlock additional LTE frequencies on these?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2908 posts
3089 upvotes
Markham
tupler wrote: I was going to pick this up for use but noticed this in the item description:

The phone is Verizon unlocked and has a clean IMEI for activation. It will work with any 3G GSM provider worldwide: Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus, AT&T etc.

These phones will NOT work on the following networks: Wind Mobile, Virgin, Koodo, Videotron, Chatr, Mobilicity

I'm under the impression that if it works for Bell, it should work for Virgin and similar for Telus and Koodo. Can anyone who has purchased this phone from this seller or through generally knowledge shed some light on this?
I was looking for that info.
Thank you.
-------
Thank you
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
tupler wrote: I was going to pick this up for use but noticed this in the item description:

It will work fine on Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile and Virgin.
Jul 12, 2009
86 posts
65 upvotes
Gatineau
I bought one S5 from this seller about 4 months ago. The phone I got works well (with Telus) but be aware:
- the product description says that "The device has noticeable scratches or scuff marks on the casing and screen". This can be prettttty anoying, especially on the screen. Mine had very visible scuff marks but only on the casing, so I kept the device.
- The "Phone is Sprint unlocked." Because of this, each time my phone is restarted, it tries to activate itself on the non-existent Sprint network and displays a notice saying "Samsung DM Service". If I force stop the "Samsung DM service" app, the notice goes away, but this is still annoying.

In fact, if somebody knows how to stop this process without rooting the phone, please enlighten me! I have read on line that many people have this problem, but found no other permanent solution than rooting the phone...
A hot deal is in the eye of the beholder.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3438 posts
744 upvotes
Winnipeg
weedb0y wrote: It will work fine on Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile and Virgin.
I'm on Koodo and using a Verizon Note 4... but I can only connect to Telus, which is fine as most Koodo plans allow roaming... my wife's non-Verizon Note 4 shows Koodo...
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
khulit wrote: I'm on Koodo and using a Verizon Note 4... but I can only connect to Telus, which is fine as most Koodo plans allow roaming... my wife's non-Verizon Note 4 shows Koodo...
Telus is Koodo
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
muscleking wrote: Of course they are genuine Samsung. I am thinning these are trade ins or something. Not sure how this seller obtain thousands of these phones. But then again there are millions made lol.
All these phones can run android 7.0. I don't think you will notice any usability difference with new phone. All these can do 4k video and is more than enough for anyone.

Oh for the guy who mentioned the custom kernel for the extended battery. Can you send me a link how to do this? My battery were fine for a long time until I use the calibration now it stays at 1% for a long time got that problem. So would be nice to fix that. My note 3 before and s5 were fine with extended battery. Quite accurate. Especially the note 5 when it's 1% it will die shortly.

You'd want to check XDA. I don't use it anymore, because I can't use rooted phones with Pokemon Go anymore :(
Mar 1, 2012
769 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: You'd want to check XDA. I don't use it anymore, because I can't use rooted phones with Pokemon Go anymore :(
you can have root and play pokego if you use magisk i had it running perfectly on my nexus 6.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
darkadvenger wrote: you can have root and play pokego if you use magisk i had it running perfectly on my nexus 6.
I have tried Magisk on multiple phones an various builds of modded stock launchers for those phones and cyanogen... At no point in the past couple of months has it ever worked for me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is there a tutorial to set up properly? I'll happily install CM on my Note 4 again because Touchwiz is so slow.
Jan 2, 2016
168 posts
89 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
I`ve bought a Note 4, Note 3 and Note edge from this dealer. All arrived unlocked, in good condition and worked on Koodo. The seller ships from Montreal.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3166 posts
2230 upvotes
Winnipeg
No disrespect to op but they wont all arrive in great condition. Even the description says "The device will have scratches or scuff marks."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)