Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

YMMV Ebay pay no selling fee 3 items.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 6:22 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
BuyNowAndThinkLater wrote: This is why I screenshot the promo activated on my account and the terms of it
would that even help if CS can't even find promo on your account? Seems like they do this on purpose
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
TBBA29 wrote: Yeah tracking doesn’t fully help solve the issue is just takes away the possibility of the “easiest” scam, which is the buyer saying they never received anything, even tho they did.

I’ve had scammers try to say that they received books in a box, or some rocks in a box. I’ve also had people claim fake items were sent (dummy units, etc.). I’ve threatened legal action and also submitting claims to postal departments responsible for the delivery. Some people lay off, others Persist through.
I wonder if those people had good positive feedback or zero/near zero feedback?
Jan 12, 2013
679 posts
671 upvotes
Halifax
alpovs wrote: I wonder if those people had good positive feedback or zero/near zero feedback?
The highest feedback I’ve seen by an attempted scammer was around 30. The ones to keep an eye out for are 0 feedback. If they don’t snipe my auctions then I remove their bids and block them. I take absolutely no chances with any 0 feedback buyers under any circumstances.
Jul 17, 2018
432 posts
420 upvotes
Anyone know if I can change the price on my listing? Or will it count as relisting it and therefore not be part of the promo since it's after January 5th?
May 8, 2012
444 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa
Hmmm the promo is gone in my summary. Will I still pay no fees on my listings?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
so has anyone sold anything after this expired?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
TBBA29 wrote: The highest feedback I’ve seen by an attempted scammer was around 30. The ones to keep an eye out for are 0 feedback. If they don’t snipe my auctions then I remove their bids and block them. I take absolutely no chances with any 0 feedback buyers under any circumstances.
good policies thanks for sharing. I tend to do the same with 0-5 feedback fairly inactive accounts.

what do you do when 0 feedbacks snipe you?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
Aznkid2000 wrote: so has anyone sold anything after this expired?
a couple things of mine sold and the promo came back and showed used # correctly.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
belowzeros wrote: a couple things of mine sold and the promo came back and showed used # correctly.
thats good to know. So when it expired it disappeared but when you sold your items it came back? What kind of system is Ebay running, that is backwards...
Jan 12, 2013
679 posts
671 upvotes
Halifax
belowzeros wrote: good policies thanks for sharing. I tend to do the same with 0-5 feedback fairly inactive accounts.

what do you do when 0 feedbacks snipe you?
Sometimes the feedback is worthless too if you get someone who bought a bunch of small $ value items just to boost their feedback.

I contact those buyers right away and ask for verification of intent to buy and verification of shipping address. If they don’t respond I believe there is an option to void the sale and issue refund do to inability to verify buyers shipping address and you get a final value fee credit as well. I could be wrong on this tho. It’s been a while since I had to do this. The catch here is that I believe the buyer could still leave negative feedback.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC
BuyNowAndThinkLater wrote: Anyone know if I can change the price on my listing? Or will it count as relisting it and therefore not be part of the promo since it's after January 5th?
You can edit your existing listing without issue.

The promo said it had to be listed by 01-05-2020 and that it needs to sell within 30 days. Only after a sale occurs would the promo go from 0/3 to 1/3. But if that's really gone from the Seller Dashboard now, you would have to check under your fees to see that they did not charge you. :)
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
ok so to confirm, I sold something today and the promo showed up under my expire promotion with 1 used.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
I sold my 3 listings, made about 400 on some things that were collecting dust which is nice.

initially 2 of my buyers did not follow through with payment they flaked out. but the promo only works once even if they don't pay. So I complained and ebay said relist and they would credit my FVF afterwards and they followed through.

so many fees on this site now holy heck

oh I was using shippo through the ebay admin and it was ok with regards to price (ships via cp). but I happened to notice paypal has a new service called netparcel in the paypal admin and omg if you use UPS ground it's CHEAP especially to the USA. There is a second shipping UI in paypal called paypal shipping which is priced close to shippo (basically 10% off).

but give netparcel a go via paypal it's so good but just beware signature is expensive via UPS if you need it. I think ebay will protect you up to $850 without a signature as long as you ship to the address on file and prove door to door, no PO boxes iirc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)