Shopping Discussion

Are eBay China Sellers Willing to Ship to Canada Again After Canada Post Strike?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 2:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB

Are eBay China Sellers Willing to Ship to Canada Again After Canada Post Strike?

So are the eBay China based sellers willing to ship to Canada again after the Canada Post strike fiasco? Seems like they are not willing to ship to Canada based on my experience placing an order the last couple of weeks and them cancelling my order. I wouldn't blame them, the Canada Post workers probably cost the China based sellers a ton of money over the holiday season with people not getting their deliveries and them having to refund all the money while still losing the items. There isn't much to buy from Canadian or American sellers on eBay unless you want to pay very high prices.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24778 posts
10206 upvotes
Depends on the seller.

I've had quite a few ship even during the strike but had a few others cancel a month later.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14701 posts
1067 upvotes
Markham
death_hawk wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:15 pm
Depends on the seller.

I've had quite a few ship even during the strike but had a few others cancel a month later.
Same experiences here
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4553 posts
1419 upvotes
Debtario
Depending on the item, some of the US ebay sellers have reasonable prices but the "Global shipping program" often kills the purchase. FWIW you can always contact the seller and ask for cheaper shipping, surprisingly I've had quite a few willing to accommodate me.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24778 posts
10206 upvotes
From the US I would 100% take Global Shipping Program over any other method for non time sensitive things.

There's very few things I've ever considered purchasing that comes out cheaper when shipped traditionally.

I can't remember the last time I even chose a non GSP item that has come from the US.