• Nov 3rd, 2017 3:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40932 posts
9843 upvotes

[ebay.com] $100 USD AirBnB Gift Card $92 USD (Email Delivery) - Limit of three

Deal Link:
Probably better to keep signing up for new AirBnB accounts to avail of the first time user credit but 8% is just icing on top of that cake.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253237833843?

On Airbnb, you can book unique places to stay from local hosts anywhere in the world. Explore over one million homes in over 34,000 cities, like Paris, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, Sydney, and New York. Find a place that inspires you and has everything you need—whether it's for your next family vacation, group trip, or romantic getaway.

Airbnb Terms and Conditions
Funds do not expire. No fees apply to purchase/activation of Card. Redeemable for merchandise and services on www.airbnb.com only. Cards can’t be redeemed for cash except as required by law. Not valid as payment on credit account or for gratuities. Treat this Card as cash; lost, stolen, or damaged Cards may be replaced at the Issuer’s election, if at all, only with Card purchase receipt and Card number, and then only for the Card’s remaining value. Issued by Airbnb Payments, Inc. For Card and balance info, call 1-855-424-7262 or visit www.airbnb.com. If your purchase exceeds the unused balance of the Card, you must pay the excess at the time of purchase using another payment method.
4 replies
Jun 3, 2012
60 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
What's the first time user credit?

Also, does this actually add USD to Canadian accounts? Or does it somehow get converted to CAD once I load it? How would booking in a foreign currency then work?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18511 posts
3632 upvotes
Thornhill
jimmyp22 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 3:04 pm
What's the first time user credit?

Also, does this actually add USD to Canadian accounts? Or does it somehow get converted to CAD once I load it? How would booking in a foreign currency then work?

For new AirBNB users, if you sign up with someones referral link, both old and the new user gets a cash discount on next trip, last I checked it was $25 USD. Can only be used once for new sign ups, but for new AirBNB user accounts, some AirBNB hosts are hesitant to allow new users to stay at their place.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2497 posts
377 upvotes
GTA
I've used one of these before, it's PITA getting it into your Canadian account, need to switch address, jiggle, switch back, jiggle. Doable, but not straight forward
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40932 posts
9843 upvotes
flaming homer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 3:29 pm
I've used one of these before, it's PITA getting it into your Canadian account, need to switch address, jiggle, switch back, jiggle. Doable, but not straight forward
What is stopping you from creating a US account and getting the sign up credit? Besides tracking your past visits, what is the value of having just a Canadian account and not a US account?

You can always share your Canadian account details with the lister, correct? As in he can shoot emails to that account and you respond confirming that you've had some history renting.