Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Ebay.com - New Blackberry Passport Unlocked 32GB - $180 USD + FS in US

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2016 9:05 am
40 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
Dead OS. $200 USD can buy a much better phone with supported OS and better hardware.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
elwebmaster wrote: Dead OS. $200 USD can buy a much better phone with supported OS and better hardware.
Better hardware for $200USD? Elaborate please.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
elwebmaster wrote: Dead OS. $200 USD can buy a much better phone with supported OS and better hardware.
http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPh ... hone2=8051

Granted, LeMax2 is $250 with free shipping, but there are tons of other phones in the same price range with similar hardware depending on what exactly is important to you.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
Thanks for posting. Still using a Z30 and prefer it to bloated Android junk. Even solved the problem of imminent Whatsapp rug-pull by switching to BBM, which I find to be superior anyway.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
IntrepidRT wrote:
Htc 7 8 Lg g2 g3 flex 1and 2 g4 Samsung s5 xiaomi mi4 I could go on but i'll concentrate on something else.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
ispeedca wrote:
IntrepidRT wrote:
Htc 7 8 Lg g2 g3 flex 1and 2 g4 Samsung s5 xiaomi mi4 I could go on but i'll concentrate on something else.
Roflmao. Android manufacturers are dropping support for phones a year or so after a model is released at a rate faster than leaves fall. So you end up with a phone with full of bloatware and malware with no security updates and backdoors to China and other Asian countries.

Enjoy ...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
Buyer beware with buying anything online that use UPS as the courier. Prepare yourself for custom fees.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
ispeedca wrote:
IntrepidRT wrote:
Well, for one, I don't buy anything that Lucky Goldstar makes anymore. I didn't know you could get an HTC 8 for under $200USD though??? Not bad.......Ebay Canada < $200.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
djredhat wrote:
ispeedca wrote:
IntrepidRT wrote:
Roflmao. Android manufacturers are dropping support for phones a year or so after a model is released at a rate faster than leaves fall. So you end up with a phone with full of bloatware and malware with no security updates and backdoors to China and other Asian countries.

Enjoy ...
Non sense. While they may not upgrade the OS you can still use the latest apps. Even if the latest apps are not compatible with your version of Android (very rare) you can still sideload an older version of the app. With the Passport there are just no apps period. Not now, not in a year, never. No Uber, no AirBnB, no Starbucks, soon not even WhatsApp. And don't tell me how you can sideload Google Play. I had a Q10 and I did that. Most apps from Google Play don't work at all and the ones that work are sluggish/laggy to the point you don't want to use them.

The malware argument I will attribute to ignorance and nothing more. BlackBerry phones have been made in China for quite awhile now. Feature models will be fully designed and made in China with the manufacturer paying a licensing fee to stick a BlackBerry logo on them and potentially attract some loyal customers who don't know any better.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
txenglan wrote: Thanks for posting. Still using a Z30 and prefer it to bloated Android junk. Even solved the problem of imminent Whatsapp rug-pull by switching to BBM, which I find to be superior anyway.
Really? All your friends use BBM?
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Rogido wrote:
txenglan wrote: Thanks for posting. Still using a Z30 and prefer it to bloated Android junk. Even solved the problem of imminent Whatsapp rug-pull by switching to BBM, which I find to be superior anyway.
I had to put BBM on my Nexus because at least 1/2 of the people I know have Blackberries.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Rogido wrote:
I've found quite the opposite, fewer and fewer people use BBM these days. Most people use SMS, Whatsapp or Facebook chat, in Canada.

As for the deal, I still think this is too expensive for this phone, given the lack of support for BB10.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
djredhat wrote:
ispeedca wrote:

Enjoy ...
Non sense. While they may not upgrade the OS you can still use the latest apps. Even if the latest apps are not compatible with your version of Android (very rare) you can still sideload an older version of the app. With the Passport there are just no apps period. Not now, not in a year, never. No Uber, no AirBnB, no Starbucks, soon not even WhatsApp. And don't tell me how you can sideload Google Play. I had a Q10 and I did that. Most apps from Google Play don't work at all and the ones that work are sluggish/laggy to the point you don't want to use them.

The malware argument I will attribute to ignorance and nothing more. BlackBerry phones have been made in China for quite awhile now. Feature models will be fully designed and made in China with the manufacturer paying a licensing fee to stick a BlackBerry logo on them and potentially attract some loyal customers who don't know any better.
Quick Google search for 'android OS fragmentation', the first article (one year old, things are worse by now) is http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/08/0 ... 2015/#gref

There’s no way around it: Android is a mess of disparate OEMs and legacy versions of the same operating system...
...According to Open Signal, 5.7 percent of Android handsets currently run a version of Android 2.3, Gingerbread.
Images
  • Screen-Shot-2015-08-04-at-12.09.28-PM.png
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
Rogido wrote:
What friends?
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
429 upvotes
Concord, ON
djredhat wrote:
elwebmaster wrote:
djredhat wrote:

Enjoy ...

Quick Google search for 'android OS fragmentation', the first article (one year old, things are worse by now) is http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/08/0 ... 2015/#gref

There’s no way around it: Android is a mess of disparate OEMs and legacy versions of the same operating system...
...According to Open Signal, 5.7 percent of Android handsets currently run a version of Android 2.3, Gingerbread.
What's the issue? Android unlike iOS sends updates via app store so there's no need to wait for a new OS update to get new features..e.g. Google pushes out updates to launchers, messaging app, phone dialer, contacts, calendars, camera etc...it's all modular and you get it regardless of os version and no need to wait like on iOS
Aug 19, 2008
24 posts
7 upvotes
djredhat wrote:
elwebmaster wrote:
djredhat wrote:

Enjoy ...

That chart is a bit old. Google produces their own table format of the data each month.
https://developer.android.com/about/das ... l#Platform