Entrepreneurship & Small Business

[eBay] Free Auction Listings (targetted)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 1:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2009
9206 posts
4961 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W

[eBay] Free Auction Listings (targetted)

Just got a PM from eBay for a one day flash promo for free listings for items sold as auction.

Had two phones kicking around (Huawei P10 Lite and LG G5)...was hoping to sell them locally via Kijiji for better ROI, bit given eBay's flash promo, I listed them ASAP.

March is lurking around the corner, so I'll re-stock on phones then. Until then, I can collect some quick money off these two last handsets.

PayPal revenue will also help as proof of income if I ever need anything from the banks I think.

Promo valid for February 7th to 16th, so today's the last day to take advantage of this offer.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
2 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10054 posts
9266 upvotes
I sold my P10 Lite for $299 on Kijiji Calgary. You mentioned that you sold one at or over $320 on eBay.

Selling large ticket items on eBay always has risk with "s/he says vs you say" You know it is brand new and sealed phone. But the buyer may say it is used. During a dispute, eBay always sides with the buyer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2009
9206 posts
4961 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
embguy wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 12:39 pm
I sold my P10 Lite for $299 on Kijiji Calgary. You mentioned that you sold one at or over $320 on eBay.

Selling large ticket items on eBay always has risk with "s/he says vs you say" You know it is brand new and sealed phone. But the buyer may say it is used. During a dispute, eBay always sides with the buyer.
It's been working out for me so far. Worth the risk. I've been testing the phones prior to shipping just to unlock them, but I might start shipping sealed boxes soon since phones are already unlocked off the shelf now.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread