• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 1:21 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes

Ebay scam protection

I found ebay listing that I am not sure about, but may be worth it if they are legit.

I was wondering what your experiences have been with the Ebay Money Back Guarantee and if it might be worth it just to try buying this and just getting a refund if it is a scam.
Last edited by vedi0boy on Jan 18th, 2019 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
7 replies
Oct 5, 2004
953 posts
775 upvotes
Vancouver
Downvoted for wasting everybody's time.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes
a_dee wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:20 am
Downvoted for wasting everybody's time.
Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. I just wanted to know what people's experiences have been with Ebay Money Back Guarantee. I will change my post.
Oct 5, 2004
953 posts
775 upvotes
Vancouver
There's basically 3 red flags that will tell you it's a scam.

1. Price for a main stream high ticket item that never sells for cheap is 50% off or more. If it's too good to be true, then it's not true.
2. Seller feedback is 0 or a new account
3. Seller appears legit but has no history and more importantly feedback of selling anything like that item before. Usually indicates a hacked stolen account.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes
Ah, I never considered that people could be selling things on a hacked ebay account with positive feedback.

The question that remains, is why do people even try to run scams on ebay, if ebay has money back guarantees. Is it just because the guarantees are worthless?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6163 posts
2504 upvotes
Alberta
a_dee wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 12:27 pm
There's basically 3 red flags that will tell you it's a scam.

1. Price for a main stream high ticket item that never sells for cheap is 50% off or more. If it's too good to be true, then it's not true.
2. Seller feedback is 0 or a new account
3. Seller appears legit but has no history and more importantly feedback of selling anything like that item before. Usually indicates a hacked stolen account.
Yeah, but everybody on eBay has to start somewhere.
Oct 5, 2004
953 posts
775 upvotes
Vancouver
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 1:09 pm
Yeah, but everybody on eBay has to start somewhere.
Sorry, I have to lol if you believe that's really the case.