Shopping Discussion

Ebay seller not responding. Won't give shipping estimate.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2011 4:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 4, 2011
79 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
mrsandman wrote:
Feb 19th, 2011 12:44 pm
First, park the paranoia.....If you really want to proceed and take your chances with big shipping costs, you can do the resolution thing but if the sellers' feedback is less than 10, he can walk away and open a new acc't/start over.

I get the feeling this item was in an area notorious for scam/ripoffs types on Ebay ie. laptops and other electronics that I'd NEVER buy from, esp. from a low feedback seller...

Live and learn....

ya, I definitely learned a lesson. Its a dog eat dog world.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3433 posts
283 upvotes
Downtown Canada
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Feb 19th, 2011 11:45 am
Haven't seen an update to the situation, so I'm presuming things haven't changed. Ultimately, it seems you haven't paid anything and the seller hasn't contacted you. Another couple of days and you'll likely be quite within your rights to contact the seller and tell them you'll not be proceeding with the transaction as they have not provided you with information required to complete it.

Having said that, you should wait a reasonable amount of time because seller could have been dumb enough to schedule the auction so it finished while they were on vacation, they could have been hit by a bus or simply have more pressing issues at hand.

You're not out anything, so relax. ;)

Good points, but I would check if they had any other recent eBay activity, just in case.

Just because the OP is paranoid, doesn't mean the seller isn't avoiding him.
:cool: