Shopping Discussion

Ebay seller sold me a black listed phone and refunded me, Am i expected to pay return shipping?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 7:58 pm
[OP]
Aug 14, 2018
135 posts
310 upvotes

Ebay seller sold me a black listed phone and refunded me, Am i expected to pay return shipping?

Ebay seller sold me a black listed phone and refunded me, Am i expected to pay return shipping? the refund is still pending on paypal.

It worked for 2 weeks then bam black listed

Like damn its not my fault guy sold me stolen goods i feel as if I shouldn't even have to waste my time to go to the post office, he wasted my time by selling me stolen goods and causing me to go with out a phone for a week now
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1697 posts
644 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
No. You received a nonfunctional device, and as such, the item doesn't meet the listing description (assuming that it didn't say that it was broken/blacklisted/etc), so you're covered under eBay's guarantee. If you pay for shipping yourself, however, eBay will not reimburse you for it, so you need to push the seller to issue you a full refund including shipping, or you should file a dispute with eBay.
When an item doesn't match the listing description

When an item is returned to the seller

The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.

The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.

The cost of return shipping is the seller's responsibility. For return of items with a total cost of $750 or more, we require signature confirmation.

The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.

The seller can provide a return shipping label to the buyer.

When a return shipping label is made available to the buyer and/or the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won't be refunded by eBay for the cost of the label.

After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we refund the full cost of the item and original shipping via PayPal. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount. When the buyer arranges shipping or picks up the item, we may not refund the cost of original shipping or pickup.
https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies ... antee.html
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1372 posts
567 upvotes
London
if he already refunded u then ur not required to return anything. ebay makes the seller pay for return shipping unless its ur fault like u just want to return something u dont want. being that the seller probably knew he was scamming u he was probably hoping the phone would work long enough that the window for disputing would close but since it didn't he opted to refund u and not have to pay for the return shipping.
Aug 5, 2005
237 posts
144 upvotes
Just curious before buying it didn't you check the IMEI number to see if it was blacklisted?
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1133 posts
496 upvotes
$n00ker wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 4:18 pm
Just curious before buying it didn't you check the IMEI number to see if it was blacklisted?
It can still get blacklisted days/weeks/months after you bought it.
Aug 5, 2005
237 posts
144 upvotes
andersb wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 4:25 pm
It can still get blacklisted days/weeks/months after you bought it.
True, but I was curious if the buyer did anyways
If they thumb you down I will up it just because