Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.com] ebay.com: Ray-Ban sunglasses US $59.99 (+$11.17 shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2018 10:49 am
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
96 posts
32 upvotes

[eBay.com] ebay.com: Ray-Ban sunglasses US $59.99 (+$11.17 shipping)

ebay.com has Ray-Ban sunglasses for US $59.99. Some ship to Canada, some don't.
Even with US $11.17 shipping seems to be a decent deal.
15 replies
May 19, 2005
810 posts
293 upvotes
Kingston
Virtually all of these will be cheap Chinese counterfeits. Just like 90% or more of the ones on kijiji are counterfeits. There are vastly more counterfeit RayBans sold than genuine.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
1466 posts
196 upvotes
Tig wrote:
May 17th, 2018 6:23 am
You can get Ray Ban aviators from costco.ca for $129-20 masterpass discount for $109

https://m.costco.ca/Ray-Ban%c2%ae-Aviat ... 23002.html
Product Details
Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product.
Dec 4, 2016
20 posts
1 upvote
I guess , this Ray-Ban sunglasses are not Original. any authorized Dealer for this Offer or Any warranty?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2989 posts
628 upvotes
Mississauga
saku wrote:
May 17th, 2018 6:36 am
Product Details
Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product.
They are still 100% legit and I'd take Costco's return policy over any Authorized dealer any day. I have these and they have all of the markings of the originals. You can trust Costco.
Oct 5, 2015
695 posts
516 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Plus shipping it’s close to $90 in CAD...
You can easily find Ray-ban sunglasses for around $89-99 in Winners actually
Dec 16, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
I see this on the ebay page for the seller 'certified-watch-store (18313 ) ' who is selling most of these items :

Every product we sell is:
100% genuine and Authentic guaranteed
Serial number intact
Shipped in its original box with its owners instructions
Comes with a two year warranty

Would you think these will be fake and I will not get support from Ray Ban if I need any servicing or have warranty related issues. I am planning to buy hence wanted to check.
May 14, 2007
194 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
tikkut wrote:
May 17th, 2018 8:57 am
I see this on the ebay page for the seller 'certified-watch-store (18313 ) ' who is selling most of these items :

Every product we sell is:
100% genuine and Authentic guaranteed
Serial number intact
Shipped in its original box with its owners instructions
Comes with a two year warranty

Would you think these will be fake and I will not get support from Ray Ban if I need any servicing or have warranty related issues. I am planning to buy hence wanted to check.
Please do take those claims with a grain of salt, I have dealt with disappointments and frustration with returning counterfeits and have to argue for a fault that is not mine because of unscrupulous sellers false claims. Majority of the fake sellers will copy and paste those exact same words.
I haven't dealt with Ray-Ban warranty, but I bought Mykita sunglasses on eBay before and even though it is legit, the warranty isn't covered because they are not sold by authorized seller, so I would imagine don't put your hopes on that either.
Feb 6, 2008
974 posts
497 upvotes
Hamilton
Tig wrote:
May 17th, 2018 6:55 am
They are still 100% legit and I'd take Costco's return policy over any Authorized dealer any day. I have these and they have all of the markings of the originals. You can trust Costco.
While I love Costco, they have been caught many times selling counterfeit or sub quality grey market items. I wouldn't be surprised if these Ray Ban's are from the same factories that make both the real and "fake" ones.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1373 posts
296 upvotes
chatbox wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:12 am

http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands/ray-ban

Just know, if you want real Ray-Ban, you're just feeding the monopoly.

i.e. Even the real ones aren't technologically, nor materially, nor artistically worth the price.
Yes. Sunglasses are like clothes. Why do people buy Jordans or Yeezys? Because they are technologically, materially or artistically better? Nope.

Because people like specific brands and will pay extra for the benefit of not getting a cheap product.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2989 posts
628 upvotes
Mississauga
shwab wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:50 am
While I love Costco, they have been caught many times selling counterfeit or sub quality grey market items. I wouldn't be surprised if these Ray Ban's are from the same factories that make both the real and "fake" ones.
That is a fair point. They did get busted trying to sell regular rings as "Tiffany" brand.

I can only speak for me, but I went through the checklist for identifying legit RB aviators, and what I got from Costco appeared to pass muster.

But for sure, buyer beware.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)