• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 2:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 25, 2016
10 posts

Is Ebox any good

Hi Guys,
Been with Teksavvy about 10 years with DSL. Been having trouble with line, and Bells answer is always that it isn't their fault. Teksavvy's support is also going down hill.
So, I'm debating going to cable with Teksavvy or Ebox, but I don't know anyone who's used ebox. Advice anyone?
8 replies
Aug 22, 2017
133 posts
27 upvotes
Saragose wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:04 pm
Hi Guys,
Been with Teksavvy about 10 years with DSL. Been having trouble with line, and Bells answer is always that it isn't their fault. Teksavvy's support is also going down hill.
So, I'm debating going to cable with Teksavvy or Ebox, but I don't know anyone who's used ebox. Advice anyone?
From the looks of things most of 3rd parties are the same as far as connection. Nothing too reliable as the main source (Rogers or Bell). Honestly you'll be paying approx same price going to Rogers for the 150u plan. It's only $60 per month now and no contract, price guaranteed for 2 yrs I believe.

UPDATE: just saw the price for 150u with E-box and its 69.95 plus tax. Versus Rogers is $60!
[OP]
Oct 25, 2016
10 posts
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm in Quebec. So with Videotron you're about 10-20$ more per month for X months for most of the plan, but with less bandwidth.
I realize that you're always at the mercy of the big two which sucks. I'm more asking about when you call how the wait times, and how courteous the employees are. And do they have a callback service or something similar?
Aug 22, 2017
133 posts
27 upvotes
Saragose wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:28 am
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm in Quebec. So with Videotron you're about 10-20$ more per month for X months for most of the plan, but with less bandwidth.
I realize that you're always at the mercy of the big two which sucks. I'm more asking about when you call how the wait times, and how courteous the employees are. And do they have a callback service or something similar?
TBH, I was with Teksavvy, Acanac, and Primus. All which was going through Cable, and never did I get reliable internet service. Regardless if their customer service is good or not, at the end, if your service is going through a reseller, the chances of either Bell/VideoTron/Rogers or whatever the major companies are, would not fix your internet quickly. Because they will service their own clients first, then get to you. All E-box, or other 3rd parties can do is, troubleshoot your modem, and if that fails then put a ticket for a techie to come out (from the major companies). If you're looking to save a few bucks per month, and willing to go through the hassle of not having internet for weeks at a time, then go with the smaller guys. But before you do anything I'd suggest reading reviews on Google about them first (I've read good reviews about start.ca , check them out if you are eligible for their service)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3850 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
I've read about some complaints here on RFD however I have friends on EBox cable in Montreal and they swear by them.
Phils
Jan 10, 2012
155 posts
53 upvotes
LONGUEUIL
EBOX was ranked #1 in protégez-vous for satisfaction & stability (way ahead of videotron/bell). We have 2000+ reviews on google with an average score of 4.3 stars. If you are seeking feedback i would check there. We are an honest local business with over 20+ years in operation and with over 200 employees. We have a physical store in the Montreal region if you ever need to do a face to face conversation. If you go cable in the montreal region, you will never have stability issue with our network. Hope this help !
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3874 posts
559 upvotes
I'm in Montreal, I've been with Ebox for years and I've had zero complaints about their services. I highly recommend them and I'd never go back to Videotron.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16128 posts
1747 upvotes
Montreal
5 years with ebox cable on the South Shore. Switched from DSL (teksavvy) due to issues. Mind you they were not Teksavvy's fault, DSL just sucks in Montreal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7608 posts
1195 upvotes
London
Teksavvy, EB and Start are consider the top 3. You should not go wrong with EB if you dislike recent Teksavvy's support long wait time.