Hot Deals

[Ebox] EBOX FTTN 50/10 Unlimited data free installation $29.95/month for 12mo (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 1:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1726 posts
1748 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I guess eBOX will be my backup if Fido doesn't extend my current 50% off promo, hopefully this deal is still on next month as Fido said its too early to "discuss" extending the current deal for me.
Apr 1, 2007
337 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
WabbaJ wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 12:27 pm
I've had ebox r-cable for over 3yrs.

Very very happy with price, product and service.

I'm moving and ebox can't match my current deal when I move (75/10 for 44$ all included)

Is FTTN an inferior product, stability wise?

TIA
How flexible is EBOX for extending the first year promotion? I am on their 75/10 R-cable plan and paying $33, but my promotion ends in a few months and the regular price is $60.
Nov 21, 2014
486 posts
504 upvotes
Atlantic
tor98 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 2:43 pm
How flexible is EBOX for extending the first year promotion? I am on their 75/10 R-cable plan and paying $33, but my promotion ends in a few months and the regular price is $60.
Not sure on an aggregated level but I called in and got them to extend another year.
Apr 4, 2017
796 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
can you use your own modem? I have smartRG one using VDSL line.
Apr 1, 2007
337 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
ysl5710 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 4:31 pm
can you use your own modem? I have smartRG one using VDSL line.
Please check if your modem model is included on their "compatible Modem List"

https://www.ebox.ca/en/compatible-modems/

If it is, then you can use yours, but there is a fee (believe $20)
Dec 21, 2003
155 posts
16 upvotes
Niagara Region
tor98 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 9:15 pm
Please check if your modem model is included on their "compatible Modem List"

https://www.ebox.ca/en/compatible-modems/

If it is, then you can use yours, but there is a fee (believe $20)
That's for cable modems only. For DSL service, anything that supports VDSL2 should work if I'm not mistaken.
I plan to live forever!...so far so good.
Jul 18, 2013
50 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I want to get this set up for my parents, and I believe that they are currently with Primus, renting a modem/router. If I wanted to move them over to this, would I have to purchase one of the modems on the compatibility list, or would Ebox supply one? Thanks in advance to anyone able to help, and apologies if this has been covered already (I tried to look through the thread).
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1726 posts
1748 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
BiNexus wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:03 pm
I want to get this set up for my parents, and I believe that they are currently with Primus, renting a modem/router. If I wanted to move them over to this, would I have to purchase one of the modems on the compatibility list, or would Ebox supply one? Thanks in advance to anyone able to help, and apologies if this has been covered already (I tried to look through the thread).
Yes, eBox can rent you or sell you a modem, or you can just get your own, unlike with cable modems where they have a short list of compatible modems, with FTTN as long as it has VDSL speeds it should work.
Apr 1, 2007
337 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
BiNexus wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:03 pm
When I ordered my service a few months ago, I had the option to rent or buy the modem. However, customer service told me that for the rental option, I had to sign a 12 month contract.
Jul 18, 2013
50 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
remik wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:26 pm
Yes, eBox can rent you or sell you a modem, or you can just get your own, unlike with cable modems where they have a short list of compatible modems, with FTTN as long as it has VDSL speeds it should work.
Thank you very much!
Aug 27, 2011
26 posts
7 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
i'm planning to switch to eBox. Currently with Bell and contract expires in early May. Anyone interested in ordering to get a group deal? If so, pls msg me.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1726 posts
1748 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
andrewkyng wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 10:00 pm
i'm planning to switch to eBox. Currently with Bell and contract expires in early May. Anyone interested in ordering to get a group deal? If so, pls msg me.
My Fido expires in April, if they don't extend the promo price for me then I'm down to switch to eBox.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2430 posts
2078 upvotes
GTA
tor98 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:47 pm
When I ordered my service a few months ago, I had the option to rent or buy the modem. However, customer service told me that for the rental option, I had to sign a 12 month contract.
can anyone confirm this?
Nov 20, 2009
266 posts
91 upvotes
Welland
There is a $20.00 BYOM fee if you want to use your own modem and dryloop is included for free.
Feb 25, 2014
7 posts
1 upvote
Burlington, ON
I am going to order this plan and I was wondering if anyone is interested in joining a group