Page 1 of 2

EBOX FTTN installation fee waived for ON/QC (new users only)

Posted: Jul 19th, 2013 8:45 pm
by gnuman
Electronic Box is waiving their $49.95 install fee until the end of this year on all their FTTN plans for new users only. You could check them out at http://www.electronicbox.net

Re: EBOX FTTN installation fee waived for ON/QC (new users only)

Posted: Jul 19th, 2013 8:58 pm
by norisz
I don't like the fact that they increased the ADSL speed from 7/1 to 10/1 (there is no more 7/1 FTTN) but are NOT upgrading the speeds of existing 7/1 loyal customers automatically! Its bad on their part to give the upgraded speed for FREE only to new customers! We paid the entire install fee as well, still only 7/~600kbps. On the other hand, when they upgraded the CABLE internet upload speeds, everyone got it automatically. My friends and I on DSL are likely to switch out soon due to good deals on other providers, especially with the recent outages on DSL that we have faced with ebox.

Posted: Jul 20th, 2013 2:03 am
by alanbrenton
Thanks Gnuman. Hoping I can get the credit since my service won't be up and running until Monday. I already posted on DSL Report and hoping Diskace will consider.

Subscribers are entitled to the credit if order purchased on or after July 15.

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2013 11:30 am
by alanbrenton
Just got confirmation that from Diskace over at DSL Report that orders on or after July 15 will get the credit. Too bad I ordered earlier but at least for some of you, a $50 credit may apply.

yes if you purchased on or after July 15. You can send a pm to eboxnat.

As an aside, here's his tip:

Unfortunately we can't go back earlier than July 15. You would have to cancel and reorder....i know it's stupid but it's how things work for this credit

EDIT:

Actually, I'm not even a new FTTN user (currently on Bell) so technically I don't think I'm eligible but maybe they meant it differently.

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2013 4:29 pm
by rdfnewbe
gnuman wrote: Electronic Box is waiving their $49.95 install fee until the end of this year on all their FTTN plans for new users only. You could check them out at http://www.electronicbox.net
I signed up last Friday so I called ebox looking to have the installation fee refunded but no luck because I was moving from another DSL provider to ebox and the condition for the free installation is that "You must be a new client of the ADSL technology at this address." :(

You will be eligible if you have never had DSL before such as moving from cable to DSL.

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2013 5:43 pm
by djredhat
Darn, I am about to order cable. I really need them to do some promo on the Cable activation fees. Currently they only waive them if switching from another company grrrrr

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2013 5:45 pm
by djredhat
rdfnewbe wrote: I signed up last Friday so I called ebox looking to have the installation fee refunded but no luck because I was moving from another DSL provider to ebox and the condition for the free installation is that "You must be a new client of the ADSL technology at this address." :(

You will be eligible if you have never had DSL before such as moving from cable to DSL.
Duh, wish I was you and you were me :( I am new client for Cable, but for cable it's free only if you switch, darnnnnnn

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2013 10:59 pm
by rdfnewbe
djredhat wrote: Duh, wish I was you and you were me :( I am new client for Cable, but for cable it's free only if you switch, darnnnnnn
You don't always win in life even with RFD. It's still a good deal with dry loop included as I am moving to voip and will need dry loop.

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2013 9:39 am
by Temporel
djredhat wrote: Duh, wish I was you and you were me :( I am new client for Cable, but for cable it's free only if you switch, darnnnnnn
Join a group - save $2 a month - save $10 on modem:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28452161-GROUPE-4ET- look at "matu789" bottom first page.

http://www.electronicbox.net/en/promoti ... scription/

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2013 9:24 pm
by newgame99
rdfnewbe wrote: I signed up last Friday so I called ebox looking to have the installation fee refunded but no luck because I was moving from another DSL provider to ebox and the condition for the free installation is that "You must be a new client of the ADSL technology at this address." :(

That is odd, why would they want a new client of ADSL technology? I mean if the user had ADSL before, then they know the wiring is fine and everything should work when you switch over.

Posted: Jul 24th, 2013 10:31 am
by djredhat
anyone looking to sign with Ebox within a week or so? they will offer UNLIMITED off peak from 2am to 2pm very soon - much more than teksavvy !!!

if we make a group of 4 to sign, we get $2 discount each month!

switching cable is FREE now.

Posted: Jul 24th, 2013 11:41 am
by Efx
djredhat wrote: anyone looking to sign with Ebox within a week or so? they will offer UNLIMITED off peak from 2am to 2pm very soon - much more than teksavvy !!!

if we make a group of 4 to sign, we get $2 discount each month!

switching cable is FREE now.
You can add me to the group list. Come on folks!

Posted: Jul 24th, 2013 1:02 pm
by rdfnewbe
Efx wrote: You can add me to the group list. Come on folks!
Not so easy. All the people in the group have to be physically together as after the first one signed up, another online form will be generated for the 2nd person to fill out.

Posted: Jul 24th, 2013 3:01 pm
by djredhat
rdfnewbe wrote: Not so easy. All the people in the group have to be physically together as after the first one signed up, another online form will be generated for the 2nd person to fill out.
NOT TRUE !!!

As per: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r283986 ... up-in-July

We inform you that you have only to write in the comment box that we are 4 persons that we sign up and our name are .... . The person that will proceed your order will add the promotion for you all at the same time .
If you have more questions please do not hesitate to contact us .

Posted: Jul 24th, 2013 3:03 pm
by djredhat
BTW, there is a thread for the group thingy:

electronicbox-group-deal-2-off-per-month-1340850/10/

Posted: Jul 29th, 2013 7:02 pm
by rdfnewbe
djredhat wrote: NOT TRUE !!!

As per: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r283986 ... up-in-July

We inform you that you have only to write in the comment box that we are 4 persons that we sign up and our name are .... . The person that will proceed your order will add the promotion for you all at the same time .
If you have more questions please do not hesitate to contact us .
That thread dates back to June. Has anyone done group buy recently just by putting info in the comment? I called and asked and was told that to prevent forum group buys, they have implemented this new procedure.

Posted: Jul 29th, 2013 8:45 pm
by djredhat
rdfnewbe wrote: That thread dates back to June. Has anyone done group buy recently just by putting info in the comment? I called and asked and was told that to prevent forum group buys, they have implemented this new procedure.
I called and was confirmed that this can be done. If you read the comments on the thread carefully, you will see that the "new" procedure is not "new" and was available at the time when it was discussed. This was the reason why the thread was started on the first place.

Prostitution or what ? ? ?

Posted: Jul 29th, 2013 9:47 pm
by Bandco
newgame99 wrote: That is odd, why would they want a new client of ADSL technology? I mean if the user had ADSL before, then they know the wiring is fine and everything should work when you switch over.
You can say that again . . .

+ + 1
Stupid and I guess they are a kind of 'Bell Prostitute !'

Bell wants more people on their ADSL lines so they make the
demands

That's what occurs when a company gets too big (Bell that is),
they become 'The Boss' a sort of 'Mafioso !' = If you want
to play in my back yard, then You'll follow My Rules ! . . or else . . .

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 1:00 pm
by retep
gnuman wrote: Electronic Box is waiving their $49.95 install fee until the end of this year on all their FTTN plans for new users only. You could check them out at http://www.electronicbox.net
Couldn't find anything on the web page saying the promotion will end. It just say for a limited time only.

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 1:29 pm
by gnuman
I don't know how long it is going as well this promotion. You'd have to go on dslreports.com and ask in there for further detail