• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2006 11:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
4150 posts
2 upvotes
superizzy wrote:Hey I wasnt trying to threadcrap.

i am always a little suspicious of people's motive when their first post is about some AWESOME sale.

I may be out to lunch and the Ecco sale may be the best shoe sale in the history of mankind, just pointing out the facts.

If anyone heads up to Markham (or lives that way) let the rest of us know if its any good

Or...maybe a long time lurker decided to register because they heard about a deal and posted it...

Anyway, I'm planning on checking it out...ecco shoes are comfortable
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
1995 posts
13 upvotes
Any chance of this sale taking place in other parts of Canada? Ecco does make great shoes...
[OP]
Feb 5, 2006
18 posts
Toronto, ON
north77 wrote:Thanks for letting us know about the sale.
Welcome to RFD, Iloveshoes!

I have at least 1 person that would appreciate this info.. Ecco are normally expensive and great quality/comfortable shoes.
Thanks! :cheesygri
OH and just to update, I gave my friend a call to try and find out the times, she said they will be open 9-6pm. I would call ahead to make sure though.
Here's the number again for the ECCO Customer Service line: 1.800.358.ECCO
Sep 7, 2005
666 posts
6 upvotes
Ecco shoes with the potential for a great deal.... definitely worth a trip!
Moo... or whatever it is camels do.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4201 upvotes
llcooljayce wrote:That was hilarious ... how long were you waiting to use that line?
that was hilarious, also a nice way to kiss up to the mods

*takes notes*
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3059 posts
43 upvotes
The Ecco warehouse sale several years ago in Mississauga was not very good. I had bought several pairs from Harry Rosen and none of the higher end models were at the sale. It was mainly the less aesthetically pleasing "City" line which they had in stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3059 posts
43 upvotes
hightech wrote:Hehe, now now, don't overreact like the rest of them brother :)
now THAT's a generalization if i've ever heard one ... "the rest of them"????

:-0
Sep 22, 2005
277 posts
superizzy wrote:Riiiiiiight

Hot tip from the Newb with one.... count em one.... post

Wonder where you work??
Start eating a large serving of CROW, superizzy! The Bopper just called Ecco and the poster was indeed correct. The sale goes from Wednesday to Saturday. Hours are 9 to 6.

You may want to apologize, superizzy. As for the original poster, great work!
Oct 24, 2005
322 posts
8 upvotes
jm1 wrote:Should probably add the "up to" 70% off in the subject line.
Yes "up to" is key. I'm downtown and will not make the trek because they will probably have some shoe polish or shoe horn 70% off and the shoes will have maybe 30% off which I could negotiate in most stores given how expensive they are.

However I'd be happy to be proven wrong as I could use a new pair of comfortable winter shoes as I walk to work.

I can vouch for their comfort level though. They are very good shoes. I bought my pair about 10 years ago in Eaton's center. There was an American man in there buying something like 5 pairs because he couldn't get them in the states.

They also have a good return policy. The glue holding the sole at the toes started to give way over a year after purchasing and daily wear. I called ecco and they shipped me a replacement shoe right away. This was about eight years ago though.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
8925 posts
2144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think this sale is similar to the tent sale Ecco had over the summer at Bayview and Major Mackenzie in Richmond Hill. I went to that one but didn't find my size or any style I liked.

BTW, I agree with many people here.. Ecco shoes are very comfortable. I own 3 pairs myself.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:I think this sale is similar to the tent sale Ecco had over the summer at Bayview and Major Mackenzie in Richmond Hill. I went to that one but didn't find my size or any style I liked.
Ditto for the sale i went to in Mississauga a couple years ago. They had a better selection for women's shoes than for men's shoes.
Jun 8, 2005
60 posts
St Catharines ON
For you ecco shoe fans...there is a factory outlet store in Niagara Falls which has discounted prices all year long. Mind you, most of these are last years models, which I have been told is what you are getting at the warehouse sale anyway. But, a good shoe is a good shoe. Ecco shoes are for comfort and durability and style is kinda secondary anyway.
Nov 8, 2005
198 posts
llcooljayce wrote:That was hilarious ... how long were you waiting to use that line?
loll hahahah denied
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3059 posts
43 upvotes
Rehan wrote:Ditto for the sale i went to in Mississauga a couple years ago. They had a better selection for women's shoes than for men's shoes.
We must've been at the same sale.

You want cheap Ecco's? After I had bought 4 pairs from Harry Rosen at full pop ($225) .. I decided I'd check out [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink]. I've bought 2 more pairs for 1/3 of the price I paid at the retail store. You just gotta know your european size and also be aware of the difference between the various lines. They may LOOK similar .. but they fit quite differently.
× < >